Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tech News for Android 5 & Chinese show (Read 190 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Tech News for Android 5 & Chinese show
Reply #15 - 04/16/13 at 09:47:55

I hear what your saying OF,  it's just like the phone I've got now the Samsung Galaxy Note II,  it's got the quad core chip in it and I know the current Android OS doesn't make use of it, but I also know that the Android OS 5 would be coming out long before I upgraded again and it would be built to make use of the quad core chips.  That's why I bought the phone. That way when Google releases the OS and all the big guys on the hacking train get ahold of it, I'll have Android 5 on my phone long before Verizon ever sends out an update for it, if they even do.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 04/16/13 at 14:53:41

The prediction was that a Chinese phone becomes a household name this year.  Can you pronounce "zow-me" said kinda like in "wow me"?  
It is spelled Xiaomi in Chinglish.

"Xiaomi president Lin Bin aims to ship 15 million superphones in 2013" and he plans to penetrate the US market by selling the phones at cost.

The secret is you may be using this guy's phone already but it has AT&T or Verizon marked on the body and they were marked up a WHOLE BUNCH.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/15/xiaomi-ceo-bin-lin-expand-sales-markets/

Foolish Americans, I sell them at YOUR cost, not my cost ..... I make plenty yen profit.

« Last Edit: 04/19/13 at 16:51:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 04/18/13 at 07:24:18

I mentioned Dell and others are shipping Ubuntu boxes and laptops now for folks who hate Win8, so lookie what else Dell is now selling as a "thin client" that is matched up to their web based services so you can run "whatever" software you want on the server and beam it to your office wall display device at will.  

Android is the OS under the skin of the device itself, so if you break through the skin you have all the stuff in the Android market available to you.

Now, this thought of using main servers to hold and run "whatever" software isn't new, Google has been offering it for a while as well as an adjunct to their Chrome OS business.   And yeah, this stick PC is just being used as a display device for a big flatscreen -- it isn't being thought of as a PC yet.

Now, if Google offered this sort of service for free, then you could run your "full power" windows world off your cell phone if you wanted to.

Prediction was that Android begins to gain traction as a real OS inside the business world ....  might actually be starting to happen some, who knows?   If you count the Apple devices, then yes it has begun to change.  IT departments are making allowances for IOS for the mac lovers.

Anyway, Dell and HP have started marketing Android to mainstream USA now and are incorporating it into the USA's home and business life products.

This means that Wintel's old "we'll lock you out" threat to the American hardware folks isn't being seen as effective any more.

The internal pressure level at Wintel from Win8 flopping must be immense right about now ....  ditto for at their old solid & faithful business partners.   Win9 comes soonest, with bells on no less.

« Last Edit: 04/19/13 at 06:40:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 04/22/13 at 13:19:48

Well the Big Little is reaching the cell phone market finally along with the Android Key Lime Pie.  Samsung will be putting the big little with the 4 A15 and 4 A7 processors and the mali 400 on it in the Samsung galaxy S4 in select markets and when they release the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in September it will have the same Octo core big little but with the mali 600 series graphics core in it. Both phones with the Big Little will be clocked at 1.9ghz from the factory.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 04/22/13 at 18:08:17

If they hit reality with 1.9 ghz octa-core chipset with 20 something graphics core in a Mali 6xx chipset in September that is really gonna put a hurting on poor ol' Intel when they come churning up next year with a lesser 4 core chip configuration than what sold all last year in ARM/Android land.

Watch out for Android/Linux to release off a kernel that has full 64/32 bit support and do it one full generation in advance of the actual 64 bit chips hitting the ground  -- this gives a little extra time for folks to get coordinated with the real actual 64/32 bit program on both the software and hardware sides (cuts down on bobbles, it does).   It also gives a full debug cycle to the 64 bit OS in advance of normal customers getting hold of the hardware software combo in a widespread fashion.

Not to mention the A57/A53 generation will be out starting sometimes next spring/early summer at 64 bits no less ....   I bet Google releases a 64 bit Beta hardware/software laptop system early to their dedicated supporters so they can help kick all the bugs out before the 64 bit Android goes public.   They have done this before for this exact reason -- successfully, BTW.

These new 64 bit ARM chips will hit the ground at around 2 ghz per core and go up from there speedwise as the nanometer goes down and down and down over the generations  .....

...... and the sea of core counts will go up and up and up and up.   Intel will start to see a match up at each of their power levels with a matching ARM core count and configuration (at about half the cost).

The first of these new 64 bit ARM chipsets will come out of the gate at the old CRAY III performance level.    Somebody will post a code off between a CRAY III and a handheld Android device using same/similar tests if they can swing it just for the PR value of the event.

=========================

Reality check time.   Gaming has come to Linux in a significant fashion (Steam).   Apple has invaded the business world with laptops and tablets and been accepted and supported by IT departments.   Google is becoming supported by business using the Chrome OS system to make life easier for corporate IT departments to keep up with executive's laptops.    The same one Google executive manager is in now charge of both Android and Chrome OS .... and Google is actively denying "any plans exist to merge the systems at this point in time" .....

Microsoft has fielded yet another flop again, Win8 is not on the corporate upgrade path at this time in its current form.  

Windows8 RT for ARM processors was stillborn at delivery .....  

(the doc spanked it and everyone who mistakenly bought one cried, but the baby itself died in the delivery room without making a sound)

« Last Edit: 04/23/13 at 18:04:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:22:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tech News for Android 5 & Chinese show

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.