Engine Tune-Up Liquid (Read 187 times)
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Engine Tune-Up Liquid
04/07/13 at 10:46:53

Hey guys!

So it was suggested that I try this product to fix a bit of the backfiring on my savage/s40 due to the new Jardine Exhaust I put on.

I realize the real fix is rejetting. I will be doing it as soon as my jets from Lancer arrive. Hopefully I wont screw it up as it is my first time.

In the mean time I was told this might help. I read on the internet that this might be some snake oil. What do you guys think:

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Black. K&N Air Filter, Jardine Rumbler Exhaust, Raptor Petcock.

145 Main Jet, 45 Pilot Jet, 1.5x
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Engine Tune-Up Liquid
Reply #1 - 04/07/13 at 10:52:18

That won't help the issue at all,

The Jardine slip-on is one of those mufflers that is kinda hard to jet for, to get the back pops to a minimum. When I bought my Savage it had the Jardine on it.  It took me awhile to get it jetted just right to minimize the back pops.  You just need to play with the jetting and air screw till you get the back pops to a minimum, you won't entirely get rid of them but you will minimize them greatly, also if you control your right hand during throttle let off that will help immensely with the back pop issue as well.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/07/13 at 11:29:12

ya don't have hydraulic lifters
sticky oil rings don't cause backfires
if you had a stuck valve it wouldn't run.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/07/13 at 11:36:21

That could be more dangerous than helpful...
Don't use it...
...or dump it in yer' car... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reply #4 - 04/07/13 at 13:29:57

I figured as much. I might have to just dump it in a car. I didn't wanna risk it.

As it stands i get alot of pop when i shift. I am trying to be gentle with the throttle let off but it seems like that makes it pop more. To decelerate i just clutch in and break no gas.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Black. K&N Air Filter, Jardine Rumbler Exhaust, Raptor Petcock.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 04/07/13 at 14:05:25

Coaxial wrote on 04/07/13 at 13:29:57:
I figured as much. I might have to just dump it in a car. I didn't wanna risk it.

As it stands i get alot of pop when i shift. I am trying to be gentle with the throttle let off but it seems like that makes it pop more. To decelerate i just clutch in and break no gas.

slowly let of the throttle instead of slamming it shut and that will help.  But you still need to rejet the carb and play with the air mix screw.  Also you may need to take the TEV valve out and clean it very good and put it back in and make sure you don't touch the valve itself with your fingers after cleaning.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/07/13 at 14:57:09

At least one here had a Jardine & went to a Dyna because of jetting difficulties.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 04/07/13 at 14:59:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/07/13 at 14:57:09:
At least one here had a Jardine & went to a Dyna because of jetting difficulties.

I went to the Long Emgo reverse cone because of jetting issues plus it was just to darn loud.  I will soon be getting a Dyna though because this Emgo muffler is already falling apart.

R.F.

IP Logged
Borracho

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #8 - 04/07/13 at 15:04:36

I have a Jardine. Just re-jetted, plus did spacer mod. It still pops a little on throttle, not too bad. I can probably tune it out.

The grand finale big fart is still there at shutoff...

2004, Jardine muffler, K&N drop-in, Corbin seat, Raptor petcock and Sportster handlebars with phony ISO grips.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 04/07/13 at 15:17:37

Borracho wrote on 04/07/13 at 15:04:36:
I have a Jardine. Just re-jetted, plus did spacer mod. It still pops a little on throttle, not too bad. I can probably tune it out.

The grand finale big fart is still there at shutoff...

Leave it in 1st gear and let out on the clutch some to drop the idle like your bogging it down just before you hit the kill switch,  That will take care of the shotgun shutoff.

R.F.

IP Logged
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reply #10 - 04/07/13 at 15:37:29

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/975/13846/ITEM/Jardine-Quiet-Modul...

Will this alleviate issues? does it even fit for the jardine rumblers on the savage..

To be honest I went Jardine cause it was the cheapest solution because I found it hard to find dyna muffs over here in Toronto.

Another question: It smells more gasoline'ey than stock muffler. Is this something to be concerned with?

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 04/07/13 at 15:44:50

Coaxial wrote on 04/07/13 at 15:37:29:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/975/13846/ITEM/Jardine-Quiet-Modul...

Will this alleviate issues? does it even fit for the jardine rumblers on the savage..

To be honest I went Jardine cause it was the cheapest solution because I found it hard to find dyna muffs over here in Toronto.

Another question: It smells more gasoline'ey than stock muffler. Is this something to be concerned with?

To be honest I couldn't tell you.  I never tried it.  Didn't even know it was available.  To me it just looks like a restricter to reduce the diameter of either the inlet or outlet of the muffler, it might help but I dought it will help much, since the Jardine is basically an open pipe type muffler.  Think glass packs that you would put on a cage, and that is kinda what the Jardine is.  It will still act as basically an open pipe which is the hardest to jet for.

As for getting a Dyna you might try ebay, which is what I'm fixing todo since I'm having issues finding one locally myself.

R.F.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 04/07/13 at 16:19:57

Coaxial wrote on 04/07/13 at 15:37:29:

It shouldn't... you may have a fuel leak causing the popping...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #13 - 04/07/13 at 16:37:15

Quote:
Leave it in 1st gear and let out on the clutch some to drop the idle like your bogging it down just before you hit the kill switch,  That will take care of the shotgun shutoff.

R.F.

Gonna try that. Here in New York I'm scared if my motorcycle sounds like a gun, sooner or later, the Gov'ment's gonna confiscate it Sad

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #14 - 04/07/13 at 17:21:47

oldNslow wrote on 04/07/13 at 16:37:15:
Quote:

R.F.

Gonna try that. Here in New York I'm scared if my motorcycle sounds like a gun, sooner or later, the Gov'ment's gonna confiscate it Sad

they wont confiscate it, but you will have to keep it locked up in your closet.  Grin

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 03:45:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine Tune-Up Liquid

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.