Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Five Long Years (Read 69 times)
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Five Long Years
04/06/13 at 19:49:52

Its been five long years since my 1990 Savage has turned a wheel.  But its back up and running stronger than ever now!  So excited!!!  It had a clicking/noise from the cam chain/adjuster.  So I parked it and waited till I had time to work on it.  In general that time never came.  I put in the new cam, (Thanks Lancer!) a Stage 1 if I remember correctly.  And then it sat for a while more with the engine open and only a towel draped over it to keep moisture out.  A while more sitting and then I ordered my Verslavy tensioner (Thanks Verslagen!) and after a short wait after getting it I put that in.  And thanks to my wife's uncle its back up and running!

What a difference in performance!  That cam is awesome.  I didn't realize until tonight how much I missed my Savage.  I've had an Intruder 800 and a VStar 1100 since then but the Savage is my favourite.  Now to teach my 17 year old son to ride.

Thanks again guys for being willing to ship parts to Canada.
 Cool Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Five Long Years
Reply #1 - 04/07/13 at 05:43:27

Glad your back in the saddle!   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/07/13 at 08:12:37

First mod I did was S/TRapp w/ 14 disks & rejet the carb. Later on, at about 15,000 I did the Stage 1 & put a chain in. The Ooomph boost from the TRapp was noticeable. The Ooomph boost from the cam was almost as big. It wont wheelie w/o dumping the clutch. Someone ( The guy from NM, got his truck stolen by a "friend", had an extended front end, said his would wheelie ( I Think he said this) by just quickly opening the gas up, rolling in first) Got IT! Yonuh Adisi!,, Finally, after I typed all that,, dangitt,, Owell,, I DID remember,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #3 - 04/07/13 at 09:03:18

My bike came to me with a drilled out stock muffler. I don't know about carb jetting as I've never had it open. My wife's uncle finished reassembly for me (my work schedule is a bit nuts) and mentioned that all the gas in the carb had evaporated and he doesn't like the look if it inside. But for now it runs.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:38:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Five Long Years

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.