Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Establishing a comfortable seat (Read 638 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Establishing a comfortable seat
Reply #30 - 04/11/13 at 15:40:33

Pine wrote on 04/10/13 at 11:23:23:
rfw2003 wrote on 04/09/13 at 15:34:11:
Pine wrote on 04/09/13 at 14:35:26:
Pine:
5'7"
155lbs

Still using the stock seat .. though I had it re-covered with 2 types of foam .. one being memory foam. My a$$ still hurts after about 30 minutes. I have raised the front with the rubber stoppers. I have the shocks on softest setting. Bumps will knock your teeth out. Not sure whats up with that. Am I really to heavy for the soft setting?

Just seems harsh to spend $350 on a seat for an inexpensive bike.

What density of memory foam did you use?

Also Memory foam takes awhile to break in and conform to your rear end.  Unless you used to low of a density of memory foam then you might as well of not used it to begin with.

R.F.

dunno what kind of memory foam... I had it proffessionaly by a guy that normally does boat seats. It was blue. Dont think that tells one much..

actually it does seem like the seat is breaking in some... though I wish i had known that sooner.. its breaking in in the middle!

With it being blue it sounds like it's one of the gel composite memory foams.  Yeah it does take a bit of time to break in.  I've put about 800 miles on my Corbin and it's feeling great but still feels like it's getting a little better each time I ride it.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
johnnyyuma
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

bettendorf, ia
Reply #31 - 04/13/13 at 13:27:21

Hate to say it, but that stock seat is very comfortable to me.  Maybe I am just built right for it....

2009 Suzuki S40/2008 Honda CMX250C
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #32 - 04/13/13 at 13:38:40

Stock seat hurts my butt after a while. I may look into getting a Corbin seat sometime. Just had all my teeth pulled and extra money is going into a set of new ones.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #33 - 04/13/13 at 14:25:38

apache snow-FSO wrote on 04/13/13 at 13:38:40:
Stock seat hurts my butt after a while. I may look into getting a Corbin seat sometime. Just had all my teeth pulled and extra money is going into a set of new ones.

It's well worth the money for the Corbin, but I'll warn ya now, at first it's not much better then the original other then the seating position and the small back rest it gives you.  It takes some time to break in and then it gets to feeling really good.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #34 - 04/13/13 at 14:30:52

Yeah, thats what I hear. They say they are really hard till they break in. My old butt is not that big any way so it would probably take me longer to get it broke in. Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #35 - 04/13/13 at 14:44:53

apache snow-FSO wrote on 04/13/13 at 14:30:52:
Yeah, thats what I hear. They say they are really hard till they break in. My old butt is not that big any way so it would probably take me longer to get it broke in. Shocked

Well if you order direct from Corbin it shouldn't take any longer then anyone else for yours to break in.  They tailor make the seat to your body.  You have to give them alot of info about yourself for them to make it so they know how far back to make it, what foam densities to use and so forth.

R.F.

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #36 - 04/13/13 at 15:05:26

Thanks for the information. If I get one it will be from them so I can get it custom made,

a.s.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #37 - 04/13/13 at 22:47:40

Stock seat was torture. Stripped off the factory foam, added 2 layers of blue 3/8" ensolite camping pad, covered it with water buffalo leather (armor weight). Ran that seat from 2000-2010. No problems with it, stock bars, 13.5" rise bars, or 15" bars. With stock pegs.

Bike now wears modified 1950s Harley type half moon floorboards and a Vulcan 800A seat. 15" rise ape hangers, pushed forward instead of inline with the forks. Rear shocks swapped for 1996 800 Intruder units, Lisa and I traded shocks, her Intruder has Savage take offs (she's short). Forks have extra fluid in them.

I'm 6'2" 240ish, 34" inseam, size 13/14eee boots and 4-6x gloves. Bike almost fits now.

Comfortable seat on a Savage?  Unfortunately, there is more to ergonomics than just the seat.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:19:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Establishing a comfortable seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.