Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wow *smirk* gotta lay off CL (Read 138 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
wow *smirk* gotta lay off CL
04/03/13 at 13:43:58

I have a guy considering to trade my 1965 Thunderbird for his 2004 Yam Vstar 950. I will, if he will.

as always the Savage aint going anywhere ... except on rides.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: wow *smirk* gotta lay off CL
Reply #1 - 04/03/13 at 17:49:29

Yessir Mr. Pine...you gotta stay away from CL.........and let some others taste that milk and honey!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/03/13 at 17:55:12

Dude! Thats a fine year model,, good lookin son of a gun. However, if its in need of "remodeling", I hear T-birds are one icky gooey booger of a mess to work on. What kinda shape is it in? Engine? Miles? Spill the goods man,,pics are even welcome.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 04/04/13 at 06:44:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/13 at 17:55:12:
Dude! Thats a fine year model,, good lookin son of a gun. However, if its in need of "remodeling", I hear T-birds are one icky gooey booger of a mess to work on. What kinda shape is it in? Engine? Miles? Spill the goods man,,pics are even welcome.

Exactly.... seven years and seven grand.. and it still looks like poo. Other than the engine and tranny.. tbirds were thier very own little world. And expensive as heck to work on. She just worn me out.

82k original miles. .but I put another cleaned up 390 in her.
Tranny rebuilt
new gas tank
new front brake lines
engine has all new pumps ect.. but not new rings and bearings as it was a good running engine as was

Orignal factory AC car... not as common as one might think.. most had dealer AC
Car was a memphis TN market car, bought and sold in my home town ( Greenville MS) Until the 1990s when it came to the town it is in now.  Original owner died, second owner inherited it, I am the third. I do have the hub caps, but they trap moisture.. and I am scared I would loose one.. so they stay save in the trunk!

https://plus.google.com/photos/115085205390666760589/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=...

https://plus.google.com/photos/115085205390666760589/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=...

I had lots of plans for the ole gal, but I had no idea of the expense. Plus I have done all the easy wrenching...the rest I have pay someone to do.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 04/04/13 at 07:17:34

Pine, with all due respect...

I lived in the USA during the Nixon years (yes, I am THAT old!  Grin ) and remember eyeing over many, but "speding time" drooling over very few cars, and the 1960's Thunderbirds were high on my (very short) list, along with Mercury Cougars, Plymouth Cudas and the odd Superbird (a neighbor had one, looked like an airplane with no wings... Cool)

By all means DO NOT give away that car, I believe you can always find another musclecar enthusiast who will be willing to ensure her a good home.

I still long for the "good old days" when I drove my Daimler Sovereign SIII 4.2

(library pic, alas  Embarrassed but she was exactly like that)

I sold her and bought an MGB GT for half the money, but she's not quite the same thing... Embarrassed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/04/13 at 07:47:13

Pine wrote on 04/03/13 at 13:43:58:
I have a guy considering to trade my 1965 Thunderbird for his 2004 Yam Vstar 950. I will, if he will.

as always the Savage aint going anywhere ... except on rides.

Having a Savage & a V-Star 950 is a great combo to own. Of course I'm prejudiced but heah, what can I say. Shocked
Hope that 2004 is a typo though, because the 950 came out in 2009!
If you do it, check out the YamahaMotorcycleForum. Good folks who know the bike, & I've picked up many upgrades for mine there used, saving a lot of money. Smiley

Restorations of any kind always seem to end up being major bucks. Few people realize just what they're getting in to until it's too late. Most times they're lucky to get 1/2 what they've spent. Good luck either way. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #6 - 04/04/13 at 07:49:36

your car is nice, but i spent more time looking at the guns. that rabbit over under is realy cool. we have a kid that comes out to our range that found one of those in an old rental house. he was wiping a top shelf in a closet and it fell down and hit him on the head Shocked  contrary to popular opinion it didnt go off and kill everyone in the house. those things are a blast to shoot though.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 04/04/13 at 08:12:11

mpescatori wrote on 04/04/13 at 07:17:34:
Pine, with all due respect...

I lived in the USA during the Nixon years (yes, I am THAT old!  Grin ) and remember eyeing over many, but "speding time" drooling over very few cars, and the 1960's Thunderbirds were high on my (very short) list, along with Mercury Cougars, Plymouth Cudas and the odd Superbird (a neighbor had one, looked like an airplane with no wings... Cool)

By all means DO NOT give away that car, I believe you can always find another musclecar enthusiast who will be willing to ensure her a good home.

I still long for the "good old days" when I drove my Daimler Sovereign SIII 4.2

hehe... scroll to the bottom of this group of photos... Not a Sovereign... but I am part owner in this... current plans are to part her out. Sad really, as far as we know its just a head issue .. could be as little as a blown head gasket (or the whole thing could be shot)... Then while sitting out.. she got hail storm damage.
https://plus.google.com/photos/115085205390666760589/albums/55183298745779204...

Turbo MR2 is up for sale as well... but its not mine.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 04/04/13 at 08:57:40

I woulda painted that thing flat-black a long time ago and called it a day.

Don't have access to the pics in that link, by the way.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 04/04/13 at 10:12:47

What's it need, body and paint work? There's a guy just up the road from me with a spray booth, but he's a Chevy guy...

From what I see from the pics you linked, your car is worth, at minimum, a 1966-69 slabside Shovelhead as a straight title swap. A quick respray would put it in 1947-53 Chief (not full dress Roadmaster, just a standard version) range or early (48-54) Panhead range.

Ultimately it is your car, but, trading titles on classic American iron for late model Japanese anything...  Lips Sealed

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 04/04/13 at 10:32:34

Dont let how youve come to FEEL about the car keep you from getting what its really worth. Its got as lot goin for it. Capitalize on what youve done,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 04/04/13 at 11:33:31

Cavi Mike wrote on 04/04/13 at 08:57:40:
I woulda painted that thing flat-black a long time ago and called it a day.

Don't have access to the pics in that link, by the way.

Thanks.. its public now

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:41:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › wow *smirk* gotta lay off CL

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.