Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
trouble running, maybe the carburetor? (Read 1435 times)
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Re: trouble running, maybe the carburetor?
Reply #105 - 05/03/13 at 16:46:25

Serowbot wrote on 05/02/13 at 23:01:14:
Only two things I can think of,.. that would would cause this...
... a slowed flow from the petcock... that starves out the engine, given time...
... a slow leak in a float, just above the full fuel level,... that only begins to take on fuel, as the float level drops low enough to expose the leak...(but has time to evaporate out, and raise the float above the leak, after sitting)...(that's a stretch)...

I'd pull the petcock first, and look for some clogging on the pick-up tubes... (just 'cause it's easier to check)....

With 102 posts.. either we suck... or you have a very unusual problem...
... but we're stubborn... don't give up...
At this point,.. we absolutely must find out what's going on...
We're with you in spirit... Huh...

PS... if it's neither of those...(... and I don't have time to read back over all 102 previous posts)...
I'd start looking for an electrical, overheating component...

JMHO...
Best of luck... Wink...

Well, about the crack in the float i didn't find any visible one, and when i tested the float for leaks at the beginning of this "Odissey" i drawned the float in a glass of water for almost an hour meanwhile i was doing other things at the bike and it seemed just fine, no bubbles, no water spilling out the float when shaking... i' more inclined in the second option, as i have put a fuel filter between the petcock and the carb... but listening to many this problem it's related more to an abundance of fuel and not lack of it...
Anyway, it seems to run a little bit better and moreover it's about 55 miles since the last spark plug cleaning and it seems holding... finger crossed.
I will put few more miles to it as soon as i resolve a fresh new problem with the rear direction lights, but this is another story...

As for the forum, i love this forum and i really appreciate the support and the will to help of all of you guys, this forum doesn't suck at all, IT ROCKS!

Probably it's just a particularly difficult case, with a bike almost twenty years old and six previous owners with lack of skills probably even worst than mine, and a current owner (me) that it's not a really experienced wrench...
Anyway i will keep an update to the let you all know if the story has an happy ending (gosh i love happy ending)

1994 Suzuki Savage, mini ape, raptor petcock, lowered forks
  IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #106 - 05/10/13 at 14:16:41

Quik update, finally i found a competent dealer who has been able to order me a new float... next week will be here, and meanwhile i was there i ordered also the header gasket, there's none on the bike...
Hope to be able to narrow down the possible causes... we'll see.
Have a good weekend everybody Smiley

IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #107 - 05/26/13 at 16:12:40

Finally a positive end (i hope). I installed the brand spanking new float (sooo beautiful and shiny)

put about 150 miles on the bike between short and medium trips and with the exception of some backfire at mid range the bike run fine, it needs the choke to start when it's cold (as it should do) and finally seems reliable, at the point that i even took the highway and rode it for about 30 miles...
Also, in those rain days, i lowered the front fork and added some knobby tire on the front...
Again, i just want to express my true appreciation to all of You Guys who had the patience and courtesy to help me out with this trouble... without You i would have been lost and at the mercy of some stealer that would have drain my already poor finances.
I just hope that this post will help someone else with the same or similar problem.
A couple of pics just to show how happy my baby isSmiley

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #108 - 05/26/13 at 18:16:28

darn I just love happy endings!  Smiley

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #109 - 07/30/14 at 13:24:53

Off topic replies have been moved to this thread.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:15:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › trouble running, maybe the carburetor?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.