Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Riding Impressions with 4" Extended Forks (Read 190 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Riding Impressions with 4" Extended Forks
03/30/13 at 10:49:58

I had a chance to get a few hours on the bike this week. I rode in my town's 25 MPH zones, 75 MPH on the highway and everything in between. The higher front end places my body in a much more comfortable position. I was able to ride without a backrest for a while with no issues. Don't get me wrong, I still love my rider's backrest, especially at higher speeds, but my back never hurt without it.

Lower speeds (25-35 mph) don't really feel any different as far as handling goes. Perhaps I need to push a little harder to turn when closer to 35, but not much, if at all.

Medium speeds (35-55 MPH) felt a little different. Different in a much better way. I found myself able to take the S turns at a substantially higher speed without feeling like I was going to lose control. I believe it is because when I "push right to go right" I need to push harder and I found it easier to control without over correcting. It is definitely much, much more fun at those speeds.

On the highway (55-75 MPH) there is so much more control. The cross winds don't have near the effect they used to. The bike likes to and wants to ride much more true and straight. Lane changes feel a lot smoother. Leaning slightly seems to work better at this speed than previously. It definitely takes a bit more pressure to do any turning sharper than a lane change. I find I can remove my hands from the bars to adjust my glasses or helmet at speed without feeling like I am going to wander into the next lane. I also didn't feel any "wobble" in the front end. I did keep my fender on. I will probably remove it and see how that feels as well.

The only negative I can find is the pressure at 75 MPH feels higher on my body and I need to work a little harder to sit up without a death grip on the handlebars. The backrest resolves this, so it is really a non-issue for me, but I thought I would mention it. Keep in mind, I am a very large (read wide) man and there is ample area for the wind to catch.

All in all, I think this is the absolute best mod if you want to keep it a cruiser style bike.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Riding Impressions with 4" Extended Forks
Reply #1 - 03/30/13 at 11:13:57

That sounds really good.

I might just have to do this myself.  Do they have a website that I can bookmark for when I save up the cash to do this?

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #2 - 03/30/13 at 12:29:17

rfw2003 wrote on 03/30/13 at 11:13:57:
That sounds really good.

I might just have to do this myself.  Do they have a website that I can bookmark for when I save up the cash to do this?

R.F.

Not much to the site: http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 03/30/13 at 13:39:21

I had pretty much he same results when I put the rake kit on with the 4" longer forks.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 03/30/13 at 13:39:41

Greg wrote on 03/30/13 at 12:29:17:
rfw2003 wrote on 03/30/13 at 11:13:57:
That sounds really good.

R.F.

Not much to the site: http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/

thanks for the info.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 03/31/13 at 17:21:23

Very cool Greg, glad to hear possitive feedback. Sounds like you'll enjoy the bike a bit more now  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 23:22:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding Impressions with 4" Extended Forks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.