Oil in Airbox (Read 101 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Oil in Airbox
03/30/13 at 07:00:49

Well last time I had gas in the airbox, now after changing out the petcock after the first ride I had some oil in the airbox. I had noticed when I picked it up that it was a little over full when standing upright. I am planning on changing the oil, but thought i'd ask just in case I am wrong about the oil in the airbox. I've got an airfilter on order at the local suzuki dealer (who now is closing because of little business, suzuki company closed his accounts) and it is a bit dirty and has some gas/oil residue on it, but the bike won't run without the filter in it, guess it gets too much air.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Oil in Airbox
Reply #1 - 03/30/13 at 09:17:29

If your crankcase was overfilled,.. some oil will be blown out the breather into the airbox...
You're doing right... just clean it out, and see what happens from there...
Riding at highway speeds might also throw, and burn, a little oil... but, that is mostly burned...

PS... You can get a washable K/N filter that fits in the stock box... or, there is a DIY oiled foam filter conversion in the Tech section... if you want to save money on filters...
Them stock one's is pricey... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/30/13 at 10:34:32

Dont forget to drain that hose hangin outta the airbox when ya change oil.
Note that it IS plugged. Its sposed to be plugged. leave it plugged. WE Dont want oil slowly drizzlin on the rear tire, now DO we?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 03/30/13 at 15:19:39

What dealership and where is it?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 03/31/13 at 21:04:59

Fort Walton Beach Florida Suzuki Dealership, only one in the area, next one is one hour away
http://barracudasuzuki.com/moto/showroom.htm

Whats funny is the search says "new suzuki dealer" , they have been there for a few years.

There is one listed as Coastal Powersports, but that store is mainly a repair facility, they do good work I hear. But there is no showroom as stated in the site picture they are all outside, store floor is about 20 x 26 and consists of tons of gear and a parts wall. Maybe they are getting started, I only recall seeing that place about a year and a half ago.
I got a good impression from the folks I met there tho, i've purchased several items from them and will do business with them again.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/01/13 at 10:08:01

I knew a guy who worked at a "body shop" in Florida. The place had no walls. All their tools & equipment were just sitting there, on a slab, under a roof, fenced in, with a few dogs on patrol..Id couldnt sleep if I knew my tools were just sitting out there, waiting on someone to rip them off..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 04/01/13 at 10:19:38

Well, decided to change the oil anyway, the suzuki dealer didn't have the "O" rings so I decided I would reuse the ones on the bike. Well....the p.o. didn't have the proper "O" rings and the outter one is not the correct one, isn't even long enough, so he/she just stuck it in the groove and filled in the rest with sealant (which I spent 1 1/2 hour cleaning off), so now I have to find a replacement seal for the casing, anyone have a good alternate part number or one that will work? The "O" ring on the filter is ok, should I just replace it the way he/she did? I'm thinkin' I don't like that idea much, I have some sheet "make-a-gasket" material that woud probably work, but I don't like that idea either.
Any ace/homedepot/lowes rubber seal part numbers out there?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 05:22:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil in Airbox

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.