Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Two Weeks and Counting
03/29/13 at 17:34:59

Just got my 2 week notice at work. The dialysis clinic I've been working at since '09 was purchased last month. The VP of technicial services came by yesterday and informed me that the budget for the clinic does not include a full time biomed tec and I'll be terminated in two weeks. Got four weeks severance pay but it still stinks, gave blood getting the  clinic to where it is now. WhenI started there they were lucky they hadn't killed anybody yet. After 30 years in dialysis you would think that I would get used to it but  it still cuts to the quick. God I hate health care sometimes !! It's all about the money not the patient.
 Cracking some beers and looking ahead this weekend. Happy Easter!!

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Two Weeks and Counting
Reply #1 - 03/29/13 at 18:15:03

They gave you two weeks? They're definitely not very smart. Many people out there would take that two weeks and try to do as much damage as possible before their last day - that's why employers literally walk you out the door the same day. Why they gave you two weeks is beyond me. I'd sure be very happy with that because you at least have a chance to find a new job to prevent a lapse in payment.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 03/29/13 at 18:36:42

There are no hard feelings and I don't believe in burning any bridges on the way out. Seems they wanted to keep me but just couldn't because of the numbers. I'm not pi$$ed off, just disappointed, been around long enough so I saw the writting on the wall. I've seen what a pi$$ed of employee can do on the way out and I don't believe it is the right way to act. The fact they trust me with the clinic after giving me 2 weeks notice means a lot. Gotta use them as a job reference and if I did pull something I could hurt the  patients who have become friends over the years. It just stinks, that's all, and I need to vent.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 03/29/13 at 23:29:59

At one time I worked three jobs- one full time in construction and two part time in retail. One of the retail jobs was in a hobby store that catered to all kinds of hobbies. They had two girls working who handled the crafty stuff, and they hired me to do the model section, as I had built all kinds of models, plastic and balsa, for many years. When I wasn't serving customers, I dusted and cleaned and made up window displays of partially assembled models. I loved that job and and moved around the store smiling and whistling, always in a good mood. In three months I had tripled the sales in the model department, mostly because of the window displays and the fact that I knew what I was talking about. The other two part time girls were lazy and I made them look bad, so they teamed up and told the manager that I was goofing off. Without ever working with me (she worked days and I didn't) she phoned me up an hour before my shift  and told me not to come in as I was fired. I asked her why and she hemmed and hawed, I kept asking and finally she said "The girls think you are too boisterous."
I just started laughing, asked her if she was serious, chastised her for not having the nerve to fire me in person, and for firing me on the word of others, and hung up.
One of my sons was a manager at a music store in a local mall for 6 years. One Monday some workers came in and started measuring the floor space. He phoned his boss at the main store and asked him what was going on and his boss told him that the mall had not renewed their lease (after 34 years) and Friday was his last day. They did give him twice the severance he was entitled to though.
It sounds like you are taking it well, and I hope you get another job as soon as you want one.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/30/13 at 06:17:20

Sorry to hear about the separation notice.  Chances are you'll eventually settle into something you like better, it happens all the time.

I've never gone through it and I count myself as lucky.  I think something like that would be tough to deal with.  Hope everything works out for you and soon.  Looking forward to your posts.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/30/13 at 07:53:03

Dang, Ed, lousy deal,,Hope ya land a new one soon.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #6 - 03/30/13 at 13:46:56

Planning to put a stage one performance cam I picked up two years ago in the scoot and  paint the house before really worrying about getting back work. Have a little cash saved up for just this type of rainy day. The wife needs a knee replacement and with me being around the house during the day I can keep an eye on things during her recovery. Got plenty to do around the house and finally have time to do it. Looks like I'll be working on the forward control kits. Also going to learn how to cast aluminum just because I want to, got plenty of scrap from the kits and plaster of paris is cheap.
 not going to reinvent the wheel, just reinvent the guy rolling it. Time to get out of health care all together if possible.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 03/30/13 at 13:48:49

Sorry to hear about the job man, but hopefully your self employment venture takes off, and things work out great.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 03/31/13 at 04:43:49

Sorry to hear about your ousting Ed   Sad
Sounds like you have a very possitive attitude and will make the best of it though. Wishing your misses the best which her knee surgeries  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 03/31/13 at 19:31:03

Blood work?  I'm surprised they didn't just off shore it to their cousins - the sharks.    Hopefully you can collect unemployment, get caught up with the domestics, help your wife, RIDE some,  then land a better position.  Been throught it myself (who hasn;t) and its never fun.  Best wishes !

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:31:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Two Weeks and Counting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.