Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This is serious... I need to know (Read 273 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: This is serious... I need to know
Reply #15 - 04/01/13 at 10:48:10

I found the kevlar stuff online ... thinking on trying that.

And no Serowbot... I am not tying my boots with clothesline. I already come from MS, have an accent, and am 50yo... I really dont need my boots tied with clothesline.   Shocked

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 04/01/13 at 11:40:44

I've thought about getting kevlar, supposed to be heat resistant, and welders use them.

WWW   IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #17 - 04/01/13 at 12:35:15

WD wrote on 03/29/13 at 15:23:28:
In 13 or 14 EEE (depends on the brand) $180 and up. But they last for decades and are rebuildable if you buy a good brand (no Chi-com imports). Mine are Chippewa brand.

Price varies with the size. And the height of the uppers, mine are 15" tops. About $300...

WD,
Next time you need a pair, check the military surplus sites. They usually have sizes available starting at 13 up to 15 or 16.  I wear a 13 AAA and found a pair if new, unissued hot weather tan boots for $14 plus shipping. For colder weather I found a new unissued pair of ICW Belleville boots for $38 plus freight. All you folks with normal sized feet will just need to pay retail.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 04/02/13 at 09:11:32

My issue boots were horrible. The all black jungle boot type I bought at the Air Force Exchange (because the Navy Exchange sucks) were okay. Got about 10 years out of them, but the nylon side panels don't like exhaust pipes being anywhere near them.

Most of my surplus riding gear is German or Swedish origin. Best cold weather riding gear ever made, the USA has nothing comparable in the military or civilian sectors. Real heavy weight wool, real sheepskin linings, real water buffalo hide leather (with the occasional bit of South African elephant hide). Better materials, superior stitching, better overall quality control and the prices are phenomenally low.

Pine, you need to replace your footpegs with a couple swing blades...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/03/13 at 11:12:58

You cant really expect to get The Best Quality cold weather gear in a country that doesnt have the meanest cold weather. You cant even get the best coats in the South. A guy from Chicago gave me a Pea Jacket he had shipped down from Chicago ( the year After I gave him a coat, because he had come to West Texas thinking he wouldnt need one. I saw this guy from my algebra class walking , in a Tee shirt, so, I gave him a ride, took him to the house, tossed him a fleece lined blue jean jacket & Suddenly, was wuz Friends! He thot Texans were a/holes till then) , anyway, that jacket is Warm,, much better than the coats Ive bought in Texas.
A guy I knew was being sent to Siberia for an oilfield job. His company sent him to Houston, where he was measured & they had clothes made for him to go to Siberia in,,they were Awesome, fur lined hoods & everything was leather & lined with fur & filled with fluffy stuff to keep him from freezing.
Whats available to people in the South for cold weather just isnt really great, IMO.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #20 - 04/03/13 at 13:42:48

I wear Dayton's. They're more expensive than a lot of places that I could go, but they are handmade in Canada. All the rebuilding if/when I need it done is done here as well. I've always had great service from them and unlike other stores, when I was measured up as a certain size, not only did she bring me the size I wanted but when I mentioned that it felt like it was digging in a bit across my arch she went back and got a different pair in the same size. The stitching was infintesimally different, but they felt much better. Also, the actually do break in. Not like a pair of runners. These feel better every time I put them on.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 04/04/13 at 10:54:07

I envy you your availability of really great boots. I would Never live where you live, so that I, Too, could have such great boots available.
As much as I like the idea of having a 4 wheel drive pickup, I dont really Need one. The weather doesnt require 4 wheel drive here. If I lived where I needed 4 wheel drive, Id move.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:30:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › This is serious... I need to know

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.