Love 2 Ride (Read 213 times)
Heather07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prattville,AL
Love 2 Ride
03/27/13 at 09:27:00

Hi my name is Heather. I have only been riding my own motorcycle for about a year now. But I'm hooked, it's an addiction! If its warm I'm riding my bike. I'm about to go crazy with this cold weather, i want to ride my bike. I have 2 bikes a 2000 & 1997 Suzuki Savage 650. When my son gets old enough ill give him the 2000 model one. They both need a lil work, just cosmetic stuff. The motors run like a top! I'm excited to be apart of the Savage family.  My husband rides as well, he has a Vulcan Classic 800. I actually ride more than he does. I've heard of people loving their bikes more than anything. I now understand what they mean. I had a guy from my husband's work ask him if he could borrow my bike while his truck was in the shop. My husband immediately told him "no man, she barely lets me ride it." I see it like this....Letting someone ride my bike is like letting someone sleep with my old man. Neither of those are gonna happen...I love my bike!!! Any way just saying HI!!!!

~>HeAtHeR07~>
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Love 2 Ride
Reply #1 - 03/27/13 at 09:39:31

Id agree with you. No One borrows the bike..just try to not Tell some guy who asks to borrow it that youd let him sleep with your husband first.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/27/13 at 09:39:31

Howdy Heather...  Welcome to SS.Com...
We love Savage lovers... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 03/27/13 at 09:49:25

Welcome.... a bunch of us are iching for a chance to get back on... this week has been evil.. and will continue to be. 29 in the morning.. 65 in the afternoon.. REALLY??? then when it does warm up ( tommorrow) its all rain... dabnabit!

I have heard several fellsa here praise the vulcan. I almost had a guy willing to trade his for my Savage!

IP Logged
Heather07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prattville,AL
Reply #4 - 03/27/13 at 09:51:29

Thank you. And yes I figured he'd understand the significance of borrowing a bike.  Grin

~>HeAtHeR07~>
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #5 - 03/27/13 at 10:35:09

Ho-Ho!  Smiley
as it is pleasant to hear such words from a girl! and how do I know what you mean... I too was very, very tired from darned winter, with its snow and frosts! awful want a ride on my Savage! on last weeked i started the engine and enjoying the sound and the smell of the exhaust gas
and I want to say-Hello from distant Russia! Smiley

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Heather07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prattville,AL
Reply #6 - 03/27/13 at 11:25:34

Hello back at ya Russia. Yea I got 1 ride in so far. We cleaned the carburetor and she sounded so good, I just had to ride even though I was riding by myself. I love the sound of the bike and the open road. No hubby or kids asking me to do something for them. Not that I'm complaining. No patients yelling "Nurse, pls come here nurse. Oh was it PEACEFUL!!! I was one happy lil lady! I do believe I'm the happiest when I am riding. It is definitely my therapy!!!! Roll Eyes

~>HeAtHeR07~>
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 03/27/13 at 12:08:43

OK...Here is what you do to avoid riding in the bad weather.  You tear your bike apart and bury yourself so deep in work to be done.....that there is no way possible to get it finished for a couple of months.  Then you work like crazy every week night and weekend while watching the snow outside.......

IMG_0814.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Heather07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prattville,AL
Reply #8 - 03/27/13 at 12:12:36

What are you doing to her? She's so naked.... Lips Sealed

~>HeAtHeR07~>
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #9 - 03/27/13 at 12:22:38

I used to know a guy who shot Cowboy Action using 1873 Colt replicas. He said you needed three guns. One to shoot, one in the case for backup when the first one broke, and the third on the bench waiting for repair parts.  Kind of like motorcycles. You need one to ride, a second (ideally of a different type) for variety, and the third to work on for relaxation.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #10 - 03/27/13 at 12:33:37

Heather07 wrote on 03/27/13 at 09:27:00:
Hi my name is Heather. I have only been riding my own motorcycle for about a year now. But I'm hooked, it's an addiction! If its warm I'm riding my bike. I'm about to go crazy with this cold weather, i want to ride my bike. I have 2 bikes a 2000 & 1997 Suzuki Savag...

How cold are we talking? Cold and wet or just cold? I think 48 was the coldest but I just got the bike a few weeks ago and fingertips are overrated. Grin I have some flannel lined jeans from my snow climate days and they make a huge difference over plain jeans alone. I also live in Southern California so it gets 75-80 in the afternoon so I have that to look forward to.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 03/27/13 at 12:50:29

Heather07 wrote on 03/27/13 at 12:12:36:
What are you doing to her? She's so naked.... Lips Sealed

It is an Extreme Makeover Motrocycle Edition and the Biggest Loser combined into one long episode!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Heather07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prattville,AL
Reply #12 - 03/27/13 at 13:00:54

Gotcha. Well if its below 70 degrees I'm freezing, cause I'm an original Florida girl. So I don't even own a "real" jacket. And I can't wait till my hubby & I start tearing mine apart, and I have a back up bike when mine in out of commission.  I'm definitely getting a new paint job but I'm not sure what look I want. My husband is trying to convince me to make a bobber. I like they way they look but I just don't know about the mini seat. I want to ride comfortably.

~>HeAtHeR07~>
  IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #13 - 03/27/13 at 13:51:12

Heather07 wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:00:54:
Gotcha. Well if its below 70 degrees I'm freezing, cause I'm an original Florida girl. So I don't even own a "real" jacket. And I can't wait till my hubby & I start tearing mine apart, and I have a back up bike when mine in out of commission.  I'm definitely getting a new paint job but I'm not sure what look I want. My husband is trying to convince me to make a bobber. I like they way they look but I just don't know about the mini seat. I want to ride comfortably.

That's prime ride weather up here in the Great White North!  As far as seats go, I got a leather solo seat with about and inch of foam and a good kick up in the back and it's super comfy.  The stock seat, in the opinion of many here (myself included) is.... not so good.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 03/27/13 at 13:54:48

Smokestack wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:51:12:
Heather07 wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:00:54:

That's prime ride weather up here in the Great White North!  As far as seats go, I got a leather solo seat with about and inch of foam and a good kick up in the back and it's super comfy.  The stock seat, in the opinion of many here (myself included) is.... not so good.

The last time I was up north and it hit 70 sometin... everybody was complaining about the heat... laid out on rocks like lizards in the sun.  At least I think it was peoples... the glare was pretty bad.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:36:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Love 2 Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.