Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange world we are living in...... (Read 99 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Strange world we are living in......
03/23/13 at 07:48:29

We have had for the most part an uneventful winter (well its spring now) this year. This week I had been forced into my cage on Wednesday and Thursday, but looked to Friday for a chance to let the wind run through both strands of my hair in my commute to work....and in the process avoid the spring traffic lines at the ferry on the other side as I return home. Got up at my normal 3 bells, looked outside, brisk and clear, and no frost or ice, game on. Right before I suited up, I looked at the weather radar on the computer, what the heck, it looked a lot different than what I had saw above my house  Huh
So, being faithful to my wife and not worry her over riding in marginal conditions, I caged in my 4x4 truck. A quarter mile from home I'm thinking I made the wrong call as it was beautiful out in all its darkness. About 100 feet further, I run into snow showers, a half mile more I'm straining to see the road in a near white out.....????
By the time I get to work I'm in four wheel drive passing jack knifed big rigs and cars in the ditch, as well over 6 inches fell in minutes...
8 hours later, going home, I wish I had my Savage to ride in the 50 degree sunshine with just the occasional patch of snow on the side of the road.....crazy man, crazy  Shocked

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Strange world we are living in......
Reply #1 - 03/23/13 at 09:14:59

raydawg wrote on 03/23/13 at 07:48:29:
I wish I had my Savage to ride in the 50 degree sunshine with just the occasional patch of snow on the side of the road.....crazy man, crazy  Shocked

Some places are stranger than others...
...in 50 degrees... I'm bundled up in everything I own... Huh...
It's in the 80's here... and I can just tolerate my leather jacket... Once it gets over 90,.. I'll be NOTGATT, in a long-sleeve T-shirt, praying nobody drives into me...

NOTGATT... None of the gear, all the time... Grin...
...(well,.. I still manage a FF, and fingerless gloves)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/23/13 at 09:53:08

Get a mesh jacket, better than a t-shirt, keeps the sun off better.

WWW   IP Logged
wheelsoffreedom76
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #3 - 03/23/13 at 14:06:26

Kansas has crazy weather all the time. Last week it got as warm as 86, then it got cold again. Yesterday it got to 59 and today it's 32 with sleet and snow 3" forecast for tonight. By mid next week it's supposed to be in the 60's. Usually ever year we'll have blizzard warnings and tornadic thunderstorm warnings about 150 miles apart, and 50 degree temperature difference.

06 S40
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 03/23/13 at 19:33:34

dawg  I think that squall line that hit you must be what's coming into Kentucky tonight thru Monday. The prediction is 7-10" for us over the next 48 hours....and today was a wonderful 50+* and full sun......go figure Roll Eyes

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 03/24/13 at 08:08:42

Could be...but we have a unique weather element where I live, its called a  convergent zone. Its where the weather fronts splits to go around the mountains on the Olympic Peninsula and rejoin on the back side with some major down drafting coming off the slopes, it condenses and packs that energy into some crazy weather. Now if you live closer to the mountains, it gives you what they call a rain shadow, often dry and calm, for the weather can't wrap itself back together that quickly. We call that area the banana belt   Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/26/13 at 09:21:55

This state blows.
Last week it was 60 degrees. Last weekend it snowed.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:32:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Strange world we are living in......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.