Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Problably dumb noob question but here it goes? (Read 277 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Problably dumb noob question but here it goes?
Reply #15 - 03/23/13 at 14:12:44

Sent you an E=mail... Wink...
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #16 - 03/23/13 at 14:25:19

Before I lost weight this year I was @250 and my daughter was @ 140 we did several 1+ hour 2 up rides without issue.  I'm also 6'1" in height.  

The stock seat on the savage wasn't very comfy for this so I went out and bought me a Corbin and I also got Routy's 6" forward controls and this made a very big difference. I also changed the rear shocks to Progressive 412 units and that made a very big difference in ride quality as well.

In stock form the savage isn't very comfy for a bigger person or 2 up riding but it can be made to where it is even though it's a small bike.  

1 other thing I would definitely recommend if your a taller person is to change out the handlebars for something a bit taller and definitely wider. That will help with pain that sets in, in your shoulders with the stock bars.  

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
B.J. and Jo

Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply #17 - 03/23/13 at 19:56:50

rfw2003 wrote on 03/23/13 at 14:25:19:
Before I lost weight this year I was @250 and my daughter was @ 140 we did several 1+ hour 2 up rides without issue.  I'm also 6'1" in height.  

The stock seat on the savage wasn't very comfy for this so I went out and bought me a Corbin and I also got Routy's 6" forward controls and this made a very big difference. I also changed the rear shocks to Progressive 412 units and that made a very big difference in ride quality as well.

In stock form the savage isn't very comfy for a bigger person or 2 up riding but it can be made to where it is even though it's a small bike.  

1 other thing I would definitely recommend if your a taller person is to change out the handlebars for something a bit taller and definitely wider. That will help with pain that sets in, in your shoulders with the stock bars.  

R.F.

R.F. thanks for the info., alas I won't be able to add the "forward controls" cause my wife does ride the scoot by herself and with her being only 5'0" and a 26 in. inseam, she couldn't reach the pegs with FC's.

I will be saving the pennies for PS 412's but it will have to be the 11 inch versions as I can't get the bike any "taller" in the saddle for the same reasons as no FC's. We won't be '2 up'ing' a lot, mostly we do a "time share", she takes it for ride, then I take it for a ride but their might be a time we NEED to 2 up so I'll upgrade what I can.

SIGH, someday when the Lotto finally comes my way, I'll get a S40 of my own and I can do all the, "TALL guy" (lol, I'm barely 6'0in. with 31.5 inseam) upgrades just for ME! Cool After being without a scoot for "7 years", I'm just happy to be on a "time share" with the wife!  Grin We rode "double up" for 80,000 miles on a 1983 Yamah XS650SK and the "wheel base" was actually "one inch" shorter than our 2009 S40.

IP Logged
Fry
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/26/13 at 13:40:40

I'm a 320 pounder and my S40 gets me around just fine. Had to stiffen up the shocks but I've put over 3k on mine now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:34:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Problably dumb noob question but here it goes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.