Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to access battery for charging? (Read 359 times)
dark_savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How to access battery for charging?
03/22/13 at 11:02:27

hello all 1st time posting, long time lurker.  Smiley  I've searched previous posts, checked youtube, google, google pics and a number of other sites including the Chlymer manual.  How the heck do i get to battery for charging? i followed manual and it says take off seat but i didnt see anything. i've disassembled seat and batttery/tool cover.  Here's some pics, can anyone provide some guidance?  appreciate any help.

bat1.jpg
  IP Logged
dark_savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How to access battery for charging?
Reply #1 - 03/22/13 at 11:05:23

here's second pic showing overheard shot of under the seat.

bat2.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/22/13 at 11:12:33

The battery terminals are on the top of the battery - one on the left and one on the right behind the tool kit cover that you have removed.  If you can clip the battery charger positive lead onto the positve terminal of the battery - you can clip the negative side of the charger somewhere on a grounded bolt.....like the one where the negative lead grounds at the back of the engine case.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/22/13 at 11:13:41

He needs to look at the water. Pull the battery out

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 03/22/13 at 11:14:45

In the first pic you can see the battery.  Take the cable off of the negative side first, that way if you hit the frame there will be no sparks.  I find that easier to do from the top on the left side (as you are sitting on the bike), once that cable is off, slide the battery to the right and disconnect the positive cable.  The battery will then come out so you can charge it.

If you have trouble with the batter, you might want to put a connector on so you do not have to take the batter out every time to charge it.  My trickle charger came with a set.

Hope that helps.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
dark_savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/22/13 at 11:17:27

Thanks for replies folks.  Should i remove the left side guard as well or can i do this with what i have removed already? (seat/tool cover)

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #6 - 03/22/13 at 11:18:54

judging from your photos you made about a half of the work. now you can: disconnect the negative terminal of the battery(located on the left, in order to do this, you have to remove the seat fully, it you will see by looking at the top) then disconnect the positive terminal of the battery(it right, you can see it in the photo) then detach the ventilation hose and remove the battery out. connect the charger to the battery "+" клеему to the "+" side of the battery charging устаройства and "-" to the same wire. remove the plugs from the battery (they are at the top, check the electrolyte level and include battery charger, adjusting the charging current=10% of battery capacity . charging time would be approximately 5 hours..after this check the voltage at the battery and the density and the level of the electrolyte

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
dark_savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/22/13 at 11:49:06

You guys rock. Didnt realize the negative was the circled line. Saw it and was like, wow my breather tube is pretty long.  Have battery out now and am checking levels before putting it on the charger.  You guys are the best!!

\w/   Cool   \w/

bat1a.jpg
  IP Logged
JRLeathercraft

I'm not a biker, I
just own one.

Reply #8 - 03/23/13 at 11:53:34

I added a wire the a U terminal that I tighted on to the battery cable.

On the other end of the new wire, I put on a sheilded connector that I can attach to the battery float.

I just tuck the wires under the frame when I'm riding.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 03/25/13 at 04:30:06

I got a battery tender that came with the wire lead to leave on the battery as PrecherMike also mentioned, I hooked the possitive to the battery and the negative to the frame and routed it through the "tool box". So now when it's cold or if I go on vacation and I won't be riding for a while I just open the tool box and connect it up  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 03/25/13 at 09:13:43

you need one of these...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 04:07:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How to access battery for charging?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.