Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cheap budget bobber project (Read 201 times)
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cheap budget bobber project
03/19/13 at 17:19:10

Hey I am a college student with low budget, low experience working on this 1997 that I got this month.
Went as far as I could with paint, seat, exhaust, sidemount, etc
Got a rectifier mount from BCB so have a way to relocate the rectifier but just having problem with how to deal with rear fender.
Any suggestions? just remove the whole fender or cut it?
I dont have enough budget for any premade custom fender,,,, bommer.....

and yes english is my Third Language,,, so forgive me if I can't express my self 100%

IMAG0556_002.jpg
  IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cheap budget bobber project
Reply #1 - 03/19/13 at 17:23:39

More pics

3E13L53Ja5L35G85H8d3jf2e3491b2bd019a9.jpg
  IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/19/13 at 17:24:00

last pic

3I23M83N65N35Fc5J1d3j89581d858d1c1905.jpg
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 03/19/13 at 17:26:02

I've heard it said that the front fender looks cool as a rear, if you are wanting a bobber/custom style look. I'm sure you can get an LS650 or comperable stock front fender pretty cheap and get it on there   Smiley

Also alot of guys use trailer fenders that can look real nice on a low budget  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/19/13 at 17:31:22

Thanks!!
I will look around tomorrow (hopefully it wont snow) and see if I can fit the front fender to the back

ToesNose wrote on 03/19/13 at 17:26:02:
I've heard it said that the front fender looks cool as a rear, if you are wanting a bobber/custom style look. I'm sure you can get an LS650 or comperable stock front fender pretty cheap and get it on there   Smiley

Also alot of guys use trailer fenders that can look real nice on a low budget  Wink

IP Logged
maxximus
YaBB Newbies

HAVE YOURSELF A
SAVAGE DAY!!

Reply #5 - 03/19/13 at 17:37:50

What size tire do you have on the back? Get a tape measure and compare both of the tires width.  I tried to do the same thing today and didn't work mi rear tire was wider

IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/19/13 at 17:45:35

maxximus wrote on 03/19/13 at 17:37:50:
What size tire do you have on the back? Get a tape measure and compare both of the tires width.  I tried to do the same thing today and didn't work mi rear tire was wider

I was just thinking that too,,,, i have the stock (i mean the one that came with when i bought it) but still think it would be much wider than the stock.... anybody just took the fender off >?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 03/19/13 at 18:11:40

If you are planning to do away with the passenger seat, backrest, and the chrome thingys on the sides of the fender, which I assume to be the case since youre going for the Bobber look, I think you could just cut the stock fender and reshape the tail end however it looked good to you.

Have to figure out what to do with the lights and plate but that shouldn't be expensive.

IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/19/13 at 18:24:43

oldNslow wrote on 03/19/13 at 18:11:40:
If you are planning to do away with the passenger seat, backrest, and the chrome thingys on the sides of the fender, which I assume to be the case since youre going for the Bobber look, I think you could just cut the stock fender and reshape the tail end however it looked good to you.

Have to figure out what to do with the lights and plate but that shouldn't be expensive.

I already have the side mount plate with light so shouldn't be a problem... with turning lights,,, i should see how local police reacts to it,,, and would have to get one if I get pulled over for not having turn signals. Funny thing is that no local motorcycle shop is willing to cut the fender.... reliability issue,,,, being a asian college student dont have any friends who have heavy duty cuting tool so... just hastling around to find a way to cut it.... I took my seat gasket to local bicycleshop and they could cut it (gasket was steel) so,,, may be will ask them tomorrow or something to cut the fender... if they can

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 03/19/13 at 18:46:16

Look through the photos in the CAFE section of the forum. There are some bobbers in there that use the stock fender.

If you don't cut away too much of the sides I don't see any reason you couldn't drill a couple of holes and stick the blinkers right on the fender somewhere. It's a pretty sturdy piece of steel. You might not like the way the originals look but if you sprayed them black they might not be too bad till you could afford something prettier/smaller.

IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/19/13 at 20:55:23

oldNslow wrote on 03/19/13 at 18:46:16:
Look through the photos in the CAFE section of the forum. There are some bobbers in there that use the stock fender.

If you don't cut away too much of the sides I don't see any reason you couldn't drill a couple of holes and stick the blinkers right on the fender somewhere. It's a pretty sturdy piece of steel. You might not like the way the originals look but if you sprayed them black they might not be too bad till you could afford something prettier/smaller.

Exactly what I was thinking to do,,,, just that worried that any drilling had to be done,, that means taking it to a place that might want to drill it for me.... not having enough tools are giving me too much trouble  :'(

IP Logged
maxximus
YaBB Newbies

HAVE YOURSELF A
SAVAGE DAY!!

Reply #11 - 03/19/13 at 21:11:14

It takes time and a lil bit of money to do a project. Try and find a place where you can find cheap tools   good luck

IP Logged
Kimito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 03/20/13 at 07:17:20

maxximus wrote on 03/19/13 at 21:11:14:
It takes time and a lil bit of money to do a project. Try and find a place where you can find cheap tools   good luck  

Thanks!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:27:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheap budget bobber project

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.