Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
whether Indian with a new engine? (Read 62 times)
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
whether Indian with a new engine?
03/13/13 at 11:33:42

guys, I'm here in the Internet came across the information that you have in the United States (soory, or in Canada)have made a new engine for Indian . this is even have photo...

tell me, if someone in the know-is this true? just an Indian I really like externally(to my regret buying it I can not soon... expensive worth it)and can have any photos? more information?

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: whether Indian with a new engine?
Reply #1 - 03/13/13 at 12:07:37

Thats the first Ive heard of it. Sure is a pretty thing, isnt it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 03/13/13 at 12:09:10

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/pages/home.aspx

It looks like the new engine will be available in the 2014 models. The 2013's are beautiful bikes, but like you said, they sure are expensive.

The Indian brand is now owned by Polaris, which also makes Victory motorcycles, ATVs and snowmobiles.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 03/13/13 at 18:36:31

That definitely looks nicer than the "bottle cap" Indian engine (HD Evo knock off with rounded barrels and heads).

Unit construction will be hard for true Indian enthusiasts to swallow, even though it is a lighter, stronger, more compact, more oil leak resistant package. The offset cylinders kinda scream "Made in Japan by knocking off Vincent"... Virago... but they do make sense from an airflow stand point.

There is a lot of potential for the marque with Polaris being the parent company. As long as it shifts better than the Victory line does. And they do something with the afterthought fenders left over from the Gilroy days. I keep hoping they will buy the molds and licensing from Kawasaki for the 800 Drifter fenders, with the new engine, they'd have a home run bike. The current fenders aren't "flowy" enough, but, they are a hold over from the early 90s when you could buy valanced Chief fenders for your Softail....

I'd like the prices to come down from the stratosphere, give the brand a fighting chance. The current top of the line model starts at $36K and is the most "correct" looking model they offer.

I like the new model engine. Hopefully the local Triumph/Victory dealer can get some in, right now they are allocated ZERO Indians... too bad, because the Victory models on the floor are hideous.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/14/13 at 04:58:14

I don't know anything about the current Indian line....but that sure is a pretty engine.  It looks like a vintage sedevalve engine from Indian.  My dad had a 37 4 cylinder and a 46  V-twin Chief.  Cool!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:36:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › whether Indian with a new engine?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.