Send Topic Print
Raptor Petcock Issue (Read 1090 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Raptor Petcock Issue
Reply #30 - 03/25/13 at 09:06:40

This is why I took my petcock up to the counter & paid for one, face to face. No, I didnt save $5.00,, Nor did I get a puzzle in a box.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 03/25/13 at 09:08:42

The Swedish newbie that posted that set of pictures and links meant well, but the brutal truth is the Ebay sellers don't know enough to claim "compatibility" or not, and they certainly don't list details like outlet size.

Try to send it back to him if he claimed it was a Raptor 660 petcock, explaining if it doesn't have the larger outlet then it ISN'T a Raptor 660 petcock, but is something else.

Ebay has a dispute methodology you may threaten him with -- generally this dispute process thing means the absolute death of the Ebay vendor so generally they will give you your money back before attempting that process.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Super Thumper

2001 LS650 With 97mm
Big Bore Kit, Stage
III Cam.

Windsor, Vermont
Reply #32 - 03/26/13 at 06:44:12

This looks like the ones i bought from a wholesale supplier....when i got them I took one to the Yamaha dealer to compare to a "GENUINE" Yamaha Raptor 660 petcock. The fuel outlet is smaller on these knock-off petcocks, the same size as a Raptor 80 fuel outlet. I had to send 20 of these back to the manufacturer and they are STILL arguing about a refund. Sorry you got burned as well...the best way to handle this is to file a complaint with ebay about this seller. I looked into the seller...they are from China...lots of luck.

Live To Ride...Ride To Live
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 03/26/13 at 07:24:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/25/13 at 09:06:40:
This is why I took my petcock up to the counter & paid for one, face to face. No, I didnt save $5.00,, Nor did I get a puzzle in a box.

&, after reading even MOre of the delightful events some have encountered, Im gonna say I did Good!
My recommendation? YOure out some $$$ & some time, Id say youre odds on for getting nothing back unless you go to your credit card company & dispute the charges that way. Hoping for a refund from someone who knows that what they sold wasnt the same as what they said it was? Probably a bit like trying to get a refund from the guy who sold ya the bridge.

Best bet on satisfaction? Dispute the charges. Contact the credit card folks. They can UNpay those people,,,at least Ive had some help in that area, but the people who got UNpaid were in the usa.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hotrodbobber

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 05/02/13 at 11:48:31

Hi there, im having a similar issue,, ive got a damaged seal on my raptor 660 fuel tap, but i cant find a new one, all the listed ones are much thinner and larger diameter, does anybody recognise this seal ???
I also have the 350 fuel tap and that has four holes and not the three, as i was going to swap them over !!

tap_seal_2.JPG
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #35 - 05/02/13 at 11:55:59

I believe that's called the Mr.Bill gasket... Huh...

MR__Bill.jpg

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #36 - 05/03/13 at 05:23:06

Oh No !!!!

K&L Supply Fuel Petcock Rebuild Kit 18-2727 for $3.98

Do watch out for them $10 shipping charge sorta guys -- they makes it a toss up for buying a whole new petcock complete.   And then there are the sleezy ones to watch out for that say the picture may not be representative of the actual item sold,  and then you punch in the kit number listed and find out it is for a car .....

Ebone is such a crap shoot now days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-L-Supply-Fuel-Petcock-Rebuild-Kit-18-2727-/17097579...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #37 - 05/03/13 at 05:32:40

Who knows?   Since nobody puts any sizes on these things you could put your $3.00 down on this one with free shipping and take you a cup of Starbucks coffee level risk that it might work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bikers-Choice-Replacement-Petcock-Valve-Gaskets-3-Hol...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #38 - 05/03/13 at 11:57:49

I avoided all this by taking the advice of the veterans on this site and bought a genuine Yama part through Amazon. $27 and change and installed at the 900-950 mile mark for that oh-so-sweet long-tern satisfaction that you can only get from putting the right part in the right place very early on. I will never have to worry about this for the life of the bike. Versy camchain adjuster is in two weeks.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 22:03:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor Petcock Issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.