Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2007 S40 boulevard, Electrical System Malfunction (Read 102 times)
Seanmnnell
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2007 S40 boulevard, Electrical System Malfunction
03/11/13 at 11:50:48

I recently purchased this bike from a local guy and have enjoyed riding it for approximately 1,000 miles so far.  Everything is super clean on the bike, it's a little slow to warm up, but otherwise have been riding drama free.

Yesterday, I go for a quick ride, then hit the kill switch as I rolled it back into the parking spot, and parked it in second gear.

I went to get back on the bike 15 minutes later and it would not go into neutral.  Also, the running lights didn't look to be on when I turned the keys to on.  I finally get the bike into neutral, crank it up and rode it for 30 seconds and then cut it off in the parking lot below my unit.

Now, it won't go back into neutral and will not even turn over like it wants to crank.  If I turn the key to just auxiliary or whatever, I can get the hazard lights to come on so I don't know if it's a battery issue or larger electrical issue.  

Please help.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 2007 S40 boulevard, Electrical System Malfunct
Reply #1 - 03/11/13 at 12:04:22

Not going into neutral,... and wacked electrics, seem like unrelated problems...

To get neutral... try rolling the bike forward or back a few inches,... or pulling and releasing the clutch a few times...

Since the electrical problem seems to affect both, the starter and the lights,.. I'd suspect a battery or connection.. check the battery terminals, and ground strap... and battery charge... also the water level if it's a wet cell... (battery could have a cell shorting out intermittently)...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Johnny57

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minneapolis
Reply #2 - 03/11/13 at 15:19:16

They teach people to use the "Kill Switch" to turn the bike off.  I rode bikes before they had a kill switch.  I never use the "KILL SWITCH" to turn the bike off; only in an emergency.  Park it while it is still running and then put it in neutral.  Once in neutral turn the key to "off".  If everything is good I would take a good look at the contacts/condition of the Kill switch.  

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 03/12/13 at 08:52:52

also check the shifter linkage jam nuts

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/13/13 at 06:58:32

The clutch can be a little sticky when off or cold
Parking it in gear is the norm, as a little bump can collapse the stand easy enough.
Pull the clutch, apply pressure to the shifter, and rock the bike to release the gears.
I use the kill switch all the time with nary a problem.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 11:16:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2007 S40 boulevard, Electrical System Malfunction

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.