Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Small problem right before we ride...I need help! (Read 148 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Small problem right before we ride...I need help!
03/09/13 at 05:53:40

I swapped out my handlebars from the buckhorns to the S40 drag type bars. When I let out on the clutch lever, it seems to take a lot longer for the clutch to engage. I have spun the adjuster at the lever all the way in and out until it's tight and there is no difference between the two. I suppose I need to do something down on the side of the engine? Also, I changed the routing for the clutch cable. Instead of crossing over from the right side of the headlamp, I put it on the left. Would this affect anything? And all this a couple hours before we are scheduled to launch. I should know better than to change anything when I "need" my bike that same day. Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Small problem right before we ride...I need he
Reply #1 - 03/09/13 at 06:50:30

Read the Clymer again. Fiddled some more. Sqirted stuff on the pivot points. I think it feels better.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 03/11/13 at 20:53:49

With all the crap under the tank, and the small holes the cable has to thread through rerouting is not suggested. I hooked a nylon string to my old cable when I pulled it to show me the way going back. And yes. I'm a man and I ask for directions. (Once I'm sure I'm lost.)

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 03/11/13 at 21:32:19

Boofer wrote on 03/11/13 at 20:53:49:
And yes. I'm a man and I ask for directions. (Once I'm sure I'm lost.)

Well,...  .. not 'till your completely sure that you're totally, hopelessly lost...
I'm sure... Embarrassed...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 03/12/13 at 05:29:52

Boofer, I only changed the position of the cable from the right side of the headlight to the left. I moved it back to that side but made no difference, so I put it the way I wanted it. It is back to normal.

Bot, when I get that lost, I ask directions from the cranky lady in my GPS!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/12/13 at 08:56:10

Dadgum that Moses anyway! If he woulda just asked for directions & not spent forty years in the wilderness, men wouldnt be carrying this stigma.
Ill ask for directions when Im lost. How quickly I ask depends on where I am & what kinda hurry Im in. If im in Austin & not in a hurry, Im not askin till Im sick & tired of lookin around Austin. If im in some Butt Ugly place ( Like Odessa) Im gettin directions NOw, no sense spending more time there than needed..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:19:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Small problem right before we ride...I need help!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.