Send Topic Print
carb rebuild (Read 80 times)
mikey2004

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sarasota Florida
carb rebuild
03/03/13 at 18:57:47

guys im thinking about rebuilding my carb. the oil leak seems to have allowed oil to be sucked into the carb. when im riding in first gear the bike hesitates alittle. while its hesitating if i give it more gas it will shoot like a rocket. i wnat nothing more than to have a great running bike. so i want to know a few things. any one have any advice on the rebuild of the carb? i was looking at this rebuild kit on ebay. would someone be so kind as to look at it and tell me if i have the right kit. i would love to buy this asap so i can take it apart next weekend.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SUZUKI-CARBURETOR-REPAIR-KIT-LS650-SAVAGE-1996-20...

next while i have the battery off i would like to put some of the side covers back on. from what i see i need to put the old air box that to P.O. AKA POS. took off. he put an after market filter on (that is now covered in oil.) is it true that the air box has to go back on? if not please tell me how i can do this. i would like to keep the type of filter that i have on it now.
would like to say thak you to everyone. ya'll are the reason i have gotten the bike running as good as it is right now. just need alittle more to get the perfect 99 savage.

i will upload a pic of the bike if my gmail acct will ever load the email.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: carb rebuild
Reply #1 - 03/03/13 at 19:21:19

That carb rebuild kit might be overpriced.  We got ours for 12.99 plus shipping from Tike's Cycle Parts on ebay.  The carb rebuild section of the Double RYCA build starts here:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1304722902/62

Halfway through reply 62 it shows some tips on how to get the phillips head screws loose in several places.  You might want to check that out before trying to take it apart.

It's not a complete tutorial on how to rebuild a Savage carb, but it has some tricks to make it easier and some suggestions.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: carb rebuild
Reply #2 - 03/03/13 at 21:49:03

Go to technical documents and look under table of contents. You will find more carb advice than you can shake a Harbor Freight $2.00 scredriver set at. And this is generally proven advice by some of the guys on here who actually ride and understand the Savage. Also, we pile a lot of carb questions on Lancer, so you should, too.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 11:13:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb rebuild

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.