Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wiseguy at the crosswalk... (Read 135 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Wiseguy at the crosswalk...
03/03/13 at 11:19:15

Kinda' funny though...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: Wiseguy at the crosswalk...
Reply #1 - 03/03/13 at 13:11:53

What an example of "loud pipes saves lives".  Maybe we should create horns that sound like a throttle blip.

I assume these people are all crossing against a light or crossing after "don't walk" for them to get so spooked.  Rightly so. Smiley

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 03/03/13 at 15:20:57

You can buy small ones with a built in compressor. Mount it in a hard saddlebag...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/03/13 at 15:53:01

It wouldn't be to hard to fab a bracket to mount a Wolo Bad Boy air horn down next to the shifter, close to the frame. If you have control extenders (Ed L. or Routy) it would be very easy to do. It will take longer to make a wiring harness using a relay to insure full power to the horn than it will to mount it. Cool

Something like this I made to mount a Bad Boy on my friend Kens' 950. I used the floor board mounts, the Savage could use something off of the foot peg bolts. Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #4 - 03/04/13 at 08:01:14

I did some checking this morning using a burnt out BadBoy horn I kept for mock-ups & there is room on a stock Savage to mount it right where the oem horn is. It looks like with a little modification you can do it using the original horns' mounting bracket.  Cool

I don't know what kind of clearance issues you might run into on a Ryca or bobber but if you want a louder horn it would be worth it to see. Grin

I prefer a loud horn to loud pipes. I don't have to hear it except when I need it & I can ride through neighborhoods without getting the PoPo called on me. We have enough people against us without deliberately antagonizing even more. Shocked

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/04/13 at 09:30:09

I clicked on the drifting clip after I watched this one, Daaaang!

One thing they fail to point out, the security guy who said "Theyre Fast! I cant catch them!" wasnt as fast as the cameraman who was in front of them,,, People tend to forget the camera has to be there somehow..LIke back in the days of Mutual of Omaha & these guys climbing a mountain & its OHH so hard & theyre working so HARD,, & theres some poor schmuck right there alongside them, lugging a camera!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 03/05/13 at 18:05:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/04/13 at 09:30:09:
One thing they fail to point out, the security guy who said "Theyre Fast! I cant catch them!" wasnt as fast as the cameraman who was in front of them,,, People tend to forget the camera has to be there somehow..LIke back in the days of Mutual of Omaha & these guys climbing a mountain & its OHH so hard & theyre working so HARD,, & theres some poor schmuck right there alongside them, lugging a camera!

That is one thing I love about Dirty Jobs.  Right in the middle of an imposable situation, like hanging off a building, they spin it around and show the amazing camera men.  Take a strong person to share the credit, and Mike Rowe shares it all the time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:36:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Wiseguy at the crosswalk...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.