R.I.P. evil vacsucker (Read 107 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
R.I.P. evil vacsucker
02/24/13 at 10:14:45

That darned evil vacsucker. I noticed the other day when I was riding that the bike seemed to be really rich when I stopped and almost choked out a couple times.  Was like it was running on full choke.  

Checked today...gas in vacuum hose.  Not pouring or even a tiny leak with the engine not running.  No fuel in the oil. Appears to only leak when under vacuum.  Guess I know what I have to do now.  It's a 1987 with 23,000 miles on it.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: R.I.P. evil vacsucker
Reply #1 - 02/25/13 at 17:43:47

Those vacsucker's will turn on you like a pet monkey...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 02/26/13 at 19:26:49

Mine sure did.  Been working fine.  The suddenly coming to a stop...sloppy rich.  

This is the first bike I ever had with a vacuum petcock except for my little 50cc scooter.  Couldn't tell you how long I looked for the petcock on that thing before I figured out it was vacuum operated.  I would much rather be able to turn off the gas when I park.

I didn't know if anybody out here was keeping track of failures or not so I posted year and mileage.  Just in case.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/27/13 at 08:23:17

MIne is GONE. Yesterday, Finally put the new Raptor in it. Got it fired up..
And SOLD..

YOung fella , neighbor, He gets a bike to ride to work, saves gas in the truck.. $2,000.00 for an 05 2w/20,000 miles, S/trapp & a cam, & our cam chain special purchase,., PLUS he gets the book & some spare parts.. I think I went too cheap,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #4 - 02/27/13 at 19:28:04

So, now you are a FSO too?  Kinda sounds like you mighta gone a little cheap.  But, if it worked for you and the person buying it, it must have been a fair price.

I gotta take the clutch cover off one day soon and see what's in there.  I've got no chain noise at all.  Engine sounds great. Valves make a little noise after engine warms up. Other than that, no noises at all.

I HATE stuff installed by the factory that they know is designed to fail, like the petcock and the timing chain tensioner.

Glad you got the bike sold.  Now, what you got your eye on to replace it?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/28/13 at 09:48:36

Yea, I let it gotoo cheap.. I Seriously wasnt thinking when the guy asked what I was wanting for it. I had forgotten what I wanted,,Took me off guard, he did, cuz I KNow the guy is kinda broke, So, I thot he was just askin, outta curiosity, what I wanted & I just said 2 K,, HAH!! Ohh well,, he is a nice young man, soon to be daddy, just had to let his old house go ( trailer) 1972 model, wiring problems, Gave it to a man to haul it away.
Buying another house to put in there, I know he needs a break.. Ive been given a few by older folks who liked me, time to give some back..

OHh wait IM a Tea Party type, Ive got Mine,, screw YOU.. I musta forgot Im heartless..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:36:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › R.I.P. evil vacsucker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.