Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Winter sucks! But it can't last forever. (Read 241 times)
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Re: Winter sucks! But it can't last forever.
Reply #15 - 03/05/13 at 08:18:18

Supposed to be a warm front coming in this week...hopefully so cause I'm tired of freezing my fingers in the morning.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 03/05/13 at 08:57:55

ZAR wrote on 03/03/13 at 18:59:22:
WD wrote on 03/03/13 at 15:13:14:
Savage is 1/2 of an old Beetle, on even skinnier tires. What? Light weight, rut tracks like mad, can't get out of its own way, freezes you in the winter and cooks you in the summer...

My Savage's "barn buddy" is a 72 Super Beetle...

Yeah? So what's the problem WD??  Wink  Grin

No problem... other than my idiot father in law getting conned out of the 2332cc dual carb SB engine and swapping in a 68 standard engine.  Angry Old fool couldn't get it to run right, mechanic convinced him the $4500 engine was bad... it needed a new distributor. Now the Bug is barn art until I can build the current engine into something decent. Or get my hands on an old air cooled 911 engine... Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #17 - 03/05/13 at 18:35:03

WD wrote on 03/05/13 at 08:57:55:
ZAR wrote on 03/03/13 at 18:59:22:
WD wrote on 03/03/13 at 15:13:14:
Savage is 1/2 of an old Beetle, on even skinnier tires. What? Light weight, rut tracks like mad, can't get out of its own way, freezes you in the winter and cooks you in the summer...

My Savage's "barn buddy" is a 72 Super Beetle...

Yeah? So what's the problem WD??  Wink  Grin

No problem... other than my idiot father in law getting conned out of the 2332cc dual carb SB engine and swapping in a 68 standard engine.  Angry Old fool couldn't get it to run right, mechanic convinced him the $4500 engine was bad... it needed a new distributor. Now the Bug is barn art until I can build the current engine into something decent. Or get my hands on an old air cooled 911 engine... Roll Eyes

Sorry WD! Just pokin a little fun at the "can't get out of it's own way, freezes you in the winter,cooks you in the summer" line. I grew up that way so it's normal to me!

And hate to hear that about engine! Sounds like you had a good mill. The "Bug" guys up here seemed to like the engine/transaxles from the bus/transporter for hopping up. I know those were close to bulletproof.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 03/06/13 at 06:43:57

Supers came with Porsche struts, drum brakes and transaxle. 914 I think, whichever was the micro-roof MG knock-off. Not top of the line for the Porsche label, but definitely better than the standard Beetle stuff.

I need to find a frame for a project engine I found while letting a vintage Dodge club friend and his son do some metal detecting. Ancient, air cooled all iron boxer twin engine... No idea what it is out of, it is still sitting in one of the seasonal creek beds as an erosion control block. It does appear to have a drive shaft coupling though... could be agricultural, industrial, marine or truly ancient Euro-bike in origin.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 03/06/13 at 08:07:55

yep, that be the 914
the super vdub, or the econo porch

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 03/06/13 at 15:06:24

Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/07/13 at 06:10:48

It's snowing here today.

--Steve

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #22 - 03/08/13 at 12:51:10

Salty Holes (probably not what you are thinking)

In central Kentucky, high 40's today; high 50's tomorrow, low 60's Sunday. I got the bike back together with the versy cam chain tension adjuster, new clutch cover gasket, new exhaust header gasket, clutch cable adjustment and lube, sump full of Rotella T-6 and ZDDP Kicker; and took her for a 40 mile shake down run this afternoon.

In the MSF course, they warned us about oil, gravel, trash, road kill, and your old girlfriend before you got married; each of them things that just do not belong on the road and can get you in trouble very quickly. What they did not talk about are large patches of accumulated road salt in turns and new pot holes not there last fall. So I learned (almost the hard way) to look out for those salty holes.

Golf tomorrow and a long ride Sunday. It doesn't get any better than this after a long winter.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:38:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Winter sucks! But it can't last forever.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.