babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Still alive!
02/13/13 at 07:12:20

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking.  I know its been a few months since I checked in, now I have tons of posts to go back and read.  But in case anyone was worried about me (c'mon, I know you were... haha) I figured I was overdue to check in.

A quick Mommy update - my Mother is doing fine with her Chemo treatments.  I can't remember how many they have done, but it has gone on longer than the original 4 they planned.  The good news is they have gotten the "numbers" down drastically, not to ZERO where they wanted, but she has come to terms with zero most likely being impossible.  She will probably have to go in every other week for a couple-hour treatment for the rest of her life.  But hey, there are lots of people on daily maintenance medication, so every other week ain't so bad, right?  She is feeling much better overall, so we think she will be around for alot more years.  At least, I pray so.  Still keep her in your good thoughts, please.

On my home front -- hubby and I are moving!  Not far away from where we are, just about 100 miles.  His company bought a couple more buildings, and offered him a nice raise and relocation bonus if we'd move, so we're going for it.  I will have to eventually find another job (maybe one where I can get on SS.com more often!) but I'm ok with changing.  We are in contract on a house to buy, and ours is on the market.  We should close in a few more weeks.

Its been cold and nasty here in WV, but I did get to ride the Piglet last weekend.  Rode her up to a storage building, to get her out of our garage until we move.  It was about 65° on Sunday afternoon, so it was a nice little spin.

So.... until I get to go back and read alot posts, let me know what you've been up to!    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Still alive!
Reply #1 - 02/13/13 at 07:50:45

Woohoo! Sounds like life is good in WV! Hey and 100 miles aint so far that you couldnt take the savage to work on nice days. (till a new job is found) talk about goodness!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 02/13/13 at 10:31:28

Pine wrote on 02/13/13 at 07:50:45:
Woohoo! Sounds like life is good in WV! Hey and 100 miles aint so far that you couldnt take the savage to work on nice days. (till a new job is found) talk about goodness!

Sounds good on paper, but its 99% interstate drive, and I don't really like the bike on the interstate for that distance.  I'm too light and the bike is too light... not a pleasurable ride for me....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 02/13/13 at 10:40:59

Glad to see you're back, Babyhog  Cool

100 miles interstate ? 2 hours' worth of adrenalin rush !

Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 02/13/13 at 15:49:39

babyhog wrote on 02/13/13 at 10:31:28:
Sounds good on paper, but its 99% interstate drive, and I don't really like the bike on the interstate for that distance.  I'm too light and the bike is too light... not a pleasurable ride for me....  
Sounds you need to learn how to like it.  My new bike is just 245 pounds, wet, and I am totally comfortable on the freeways -- even with the 10"-11" wheels and its 65 mph top speed.  (I do admit that I am insane.)

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 02/13/13 at 16:20:28

Glad to hear from you. Smiley

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 02/13/13 at 18:08:01

...................      Lips Sealed...

... (I'm giving Piglet the silent treatment, 'cause she's neglecting us)...  Huh...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 02/14/13 at 11:24:24

awesome profile pic! Don't be a stranger...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #8 - 02/14/13 at 11:52:13

Bubba wrote on 02/14/13 at 11:24:24:
awesome profile pic! Don't be a stranger...

At least don't be stranger than Bubba..  (couldn't resist)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 02/14/13 at 12:47:33

I'm trying to keep from the strangeness...  its nice to be back.

And Bot... don't make me come whip you....   Kiss

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #10 - 02/14/13 at 20:02:32

Good to hear your Mom's ok, and hope the move goes smooth for ya. Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 02/16/13 at 08:35:37

Paladin. wrote on 02/13/13 at 15:49:39:
babyhog wrote on 02/13/13 at 10:31:28:
Sounds you need to learn how to like it.  My new bike is just 245 pounds, wet, and I am totally comfortable on the freeways -- even with the 10"-11" wheels and its 65 mph top speed.  (I do admit that I am insane.)

Hey, Paladin !

Your's ain't a bike, it's a Vespa ! Kinda like confusing midgets with Danny DeVito !

Grin Grin Grin You have a work of art, Sir !  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #12 - 02/16/13 at 16:22:44

You left out a big detail. 100 miles in what direction?

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 18:48:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Still alive!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.