Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bobber almost done!  Comments or criticism ? (Read 402 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Bobber almost done!  Comments or criticism ?
Reply #15 - 02/11/13 at 15:02:12

Yep, takes about a week to pick all the bits of molten shoe lace from between the pulley and the  case.  Roll Eyes I even put the top belt guard back on after a flying grocery bag wrapped up in the belt and got jammed in between the engine and front pulley.

Bikes definitely look better without the guards, but it wasn't worth it to me. I hate cleaning the bike, I run a front fender again now. Picking raw road tar out of the engine fins isn't much fun.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
fastbub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/11/13 at 15:45:23

Hey man, I think it looks good. I will offer a few "style" opinions, but that is all they are.....opinions. If you like the over all look, then roll it like it is.

First, since the rear fender is getting a lot of press, let me comment on it. Everybody's concern about strength, vibration etc would be put to rest if you cut that thing a lot shorter as is a more traditional "bobber" style. Cut it back so it just goes to about the middle of the wheel. It will have a lot less leverage on the mounts. I also think the fender should hug the tire a lot more, but in order to do so you would need to mount it to the swingarm so it moves with the tire. Otherwise you would need to hardtail it with some struts. Hardtailed with a short fender 1/2" off the tire would look cleaner imo. Not everyone wants a hardtail though!

I would cut off the part of the frame sticking up over the rear fender and get that solo seat mounted down on top of the backbone of the frame instead of haveing all that space.

The tank, and exhaust look awesome. The pod filter looks nice. It looks like you did a nice job of hiding the electrics a bit too. The fork gaitors look cool. I would lower the front end maybe a couple of inches. It is basically free if you make the tool and the spacers yourself.

Like I said these are just ideas, certainly not criticisms. If you like the look of it, it is yours and who cares what I or anybody else thinks right?

IP Logged
Bubba1

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 02/11/13 at 16:04:45

I know what your saying about the rear fender but I love the way it looks once I sit on the bike it gets closer to the tire with just enough space to clear big bumps ,  as for lowering the front I totally agree and that will be done soon ! Like I said its not finished just almost ready to ride some, I drove it today just around the block a few times and all seemed good.

IP Logged
Millerman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Elmira, NY
Reply #18 - 02/11/13 at 17:47:47

This is what i did to mine...

supports.jpg
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #19 - 04/03/16 at 19:46:55

Bubba1 wrote on 02/10/13 at 08:50:11:
Just wanted to put up a few pics of my bike almost finished , just need to thank all you guys for your help ! Let me know what you think

Very nice ride ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 02:27:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber almost done!  Comments or criticism ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.