Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can not remove seat, In turn can not remove tank (Read 268 times)
DavidOfMA

Getting back in gear
after a long time
away

Beverly, MA
Re: Can not remove seat, In turn can not remove ta
Reply #15 - 02/01/13 at 20:45:39

You might try spraying some PB Blaster on it before you do the torx routine. Sometimes I've removed stripped allen-head screws by tapping a screwdriver in there, though the torx bit should work the same way.

- David
  IP Logged
Dooley
YaBB Newbies

Palm Harbor, FL
Reply #16 - 02/07/13 at 11:59:09

OK, Thanks for all the advice. I finally got it off and did not have to drill it out. But I wish I would have done what I did from the get go and I would not have A; stripped the hex bold B; would not have had to hack saw a flat head notch in the head of the bolt.

As you can see from above I did hack a slot into the bolt but I still could not get the torque I needed to remove the bolt. But what i did do and wish I would have from the get go is. And I would recommend that anyone having this issue do first before they strip the bolt.

1. Remove side seat bolts.
2. Remove the seat bracket bolts. And remove the bracket.  Yes I know it is a pain in the butt because you can only turn the bolt about an 1/8 of a rotation at a time.
3. Lift the seat out enough so that you can move it back and forth. Doing so will loosen the bolt enough to be easily removed.

If I would have done this from the start I would not have stripped the bolt nor would I have had to cut the bolt.

Thanks again

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #17 - 02/07/13 at 13:10:04

I don't understand how that could work, but I'm glad it did. Huh

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Dooley
YaBB Newbies

Palm Harbor, FL
Reply #18 - 02/07/13 at 13:46:56

By moving the seat around and the bolt being the center point. It may have
A: Broke up any rust or crud that was keeping the bolt so tight.
B: May have turned the bolt back and forth thus loosening it up.

When I say I moved the seat back and forth I do not mean a little wiggle. I mean a good 10 to 12 inches at least. To the point that you could see most of the wiring underneath the seat. It was well out passed the frame on either side as I moved it back and forth.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 11:15:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can not remove seat, In turn can not remove tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.