Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Condensation and short circuits? (Read 216 times)
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Condensation and short circuits?
Reply #15 - 02/01/13 at 18:39:18

WD wrote on 02/01/13 at 00:09:26:
I'd say I'm showing my age, but, since I'm only ( Roll Eyes) 40... Both Hondas have points, one (1963) is for sure kick only (with DUAL points), the 1971 I can't remember how it is set up (other than single point). I've had later model Yammerscammer XSs... I don't trust CDI boxes...  Wink

WD you're still a babe in the woods son Wink. But you hit on one of the reasons I have not let the old Kawa KZ440 LTD go yet. It's a 1980(last year for points on the KZ series)I'm hanging on in case of an EMP incident.

Digger I remember the dollar bill points cleaning well! Spent many a time along a dark country road doing that trick just to get back to town.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #16 - 02/01/13 at 19:07:05

ZAR wrote on 02/01/13 at 18:39:18:
I'd say I'm showing my age, but, since I'm only ( Roll Eyes) 40... Both Hondas have points, one (1963) is for sure kick only (with DUAL points), the 1971 I can't remember how it is set up (other than single point). I've had later model Yammerscammer XSs... I don't trust CDI boxes...  Wink

WD you're still a babe in the woods son Wink. But you hit on one of the reasons I have not let the old Kawa KZ440 LTD go yet. It's a 1980(last year for points on the KZ series)I'm hanging on in case of an EMP incident.

Digger I remember the dollar bill points cleaning well! Spent many a time along a dark country road doing that trick just to get back to town.

Yep, and you could also statically set the timing using the same dollar bill!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #17 - 02/01/13 at 19:12:24

Digger wrote on 02/01/13 at 19:07:05:
ZAR wrote on 02/01/13 at 18:39:18:

Yep, and you could also statically set the timing using the same dollar bill!

Or a matchbook cover....if the kids around the forum even know what a matchbook is Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 02/02/13 at 08:16:05

They'd get a kick out of our place... wind up a hand crank, drop a metal arm on a black plastic round thing and music comes out of it... I think the "NEW" record player is a 1926 model...

Or there's the truck I can leave the ignition key in because even I've forgotten how to start the thing. Set the hand choke cable, set the hand throttle, turn on the key, find the stock starter pedal and hope it decides to start instead of just crank over and kill the 6v battery...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 03:25:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Condensation and short circuits?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.