Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This is why I like gridlock in congress (Read 151 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

This is why I like gridlock in congress
01/28/13 at 19:43:30

Cos when they decide to work together - they do crap like this.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/28/16741007-senators-hope-to-appro...

This Republicons think will help the mexicans vote for them ... they wont. Mexican vote now is split 70/30 dem/rep.
This will let in an extra 12 million (ha, I think its closer to 50 million but hey lets use the lies) ... so the republicons will fall about 5 million further behind.

Then the true zenophobes (hey, I'd vote for the guy who'd repeal the 17th amendment inspite of his idea about going back to gold) will stay away - or vote democrap. I'd guess that number to be atleast 5 million more.
This seems like a good way to lose by an extra 10million.
Democraps - seriously they are alienating the other immigrant groups, which surprisingly is a bigger voting block. Have you seen a legal mexican ? no ... most other immigrants are legal. They seem to be voting democrap for now by maybe 70/30 as well. If that group stays away or flips ... the dems lose a few million. So the dems are playing for 10 million and thinking they can lose the few million - OK rather weak, but I can dig that, the Obama victory margin was slim enough to be a bit worrisome OK fine. Why are the republicons going along.

I think these 2 are both clueless. They are out of touch with the people. They have not been people in a very long time. They are politicians. Not people.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: This is why I like gridlock in congress
Reply #1 - 01/29/13 at 15:38:38

GOP RIP

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 01/29/13 at 17:06:24

"GOP RIP" ~Midnight."

It is possible (if unlikely) that institutionally, the Republican Party will be further weakened and either collapse or become a regional white-minority party. However, there will still be 1/3 of the electorate that has a radical Conservative political philosophy and they will gravitate to or form a Party to represent their interests.

If there were no GOP, it would be necessary to invent one. It is a sad but well-documented fact that at least one-third of all Americans are low information, under educated voters, and so very susceptible to the lies and propaganda of FOX news, hate radio, and super right-wing hate blogs on line. They hear it, they read it, they believe it. The GOP is their party, and killing it will not kill the insanity.

For some 30 years the Republican party has packaged humanity's darkest and most craven weaknesses and pawned them off as its greatest virtues.

Well, the reckoning is here and the conservatives are found wanting. When the chips are down we are a nation that cares for our citizens and we expect our government to be strong enough, capable enough, and compassionate enough to do the same.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/29/13 at 17:16:36

Although the Rep's are pandering to the Hispanic voter,... it isn't all Hispanic...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 01/29/13 at 17:58:08

I don't understand why we cannot control the southern border.

Is there any other country in the world whose border is such a sieve? We spend as much on securing the northern border as we do the southern border...I have never met a Canadian who wanted to sneak into the US for any reason.

The Canadian / US border should be no more restrictive than a state line. ALL of our resources should be concentrated on the southern border. That is where the problem lies.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/29/13 at 18:10:57

South america, carribean, and central america are all hispanic. That is what they are pandering to.

Asia, europe and middle east have no long term illegals, unless they ahve filed some kind of papers - be it refugee, persecution orin some cases a family based like marriage ( I know a white guy married to a vietnamese woman who is in immigration limbo, but she is OK as long as she stays in the US till she gets a legal status) adoption pending something etc etc

Of course there is a few of my country men whose parents over stay their visas routinely, cos the penalty for 6 month or less over stay is a 1 year ban. Since they dont ever intend to come back in a year, they enter for 3 months, extend for 3 more and overstay for just under 6. Then 2 years later after spending time with their other kids etc ... they repeat.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 01/29/13 at 21:28:26

Starlifter wrote on 01/29/13 at 17:58:08:

I do.  Twenty five years ago, my fiancée and her mother walked here from El Salvador illegally.  They were fleeing a war that had acts so terrible that I would not describe them here. (And considering the pictures I have posted, that is beyond evil)

The only way to secure a boarder from people that desperate is to have a man with a gun every 10 feet and a lot of ammo, and to kill everyone coming.  And they will still come.  Even that is better than what some have at home.

The ONLY way to secure the boarder is to give the people who truly need it a better option.  But both parties only want to talk about one side of the same coin.  So it will never get fixed, and criminal gangs will have the run of south Texas.  (And it royally ticks me off when I have to go through a boarder patrol checkpoint 75 miles INSIDE TEXAS!)

And yes, that is another reason we will not give up our guns.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 01/30/13 at 06:41:58

houstonbofh wrote on 01/29/13 at 21:28:26:

I do.  Twenty five years ago, my fiancée and her mother walked here from El Salvador illegally.  They were fleeing a war that had acts so terrible that I would not describe them here. (And considering the pictures I have posted, that is beyond evil)

The only way to secure a boarder from people that desperate is to have a man with a gun every 10 feet and a lot of ammo, and to kill everyone coming.  And they will still come.  Even that is better than what some have at home.

The ONLY way to secure the boarder is to give the people who truly need it a better option.  But both parties only want to talk about one side of the same coin.  So it will never get fixed, and criminal gangs will have the run of south Texas.  (And it royally ticks me off when I have to go through a boarder patrol checkpoint 75 miles INSIDE TEXAS!)

And yes, that is another reason we will not give up our guns.

thumbs up on this post..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 01/30/13 at 11:55:26

Is there any other country in the world whose border is such a sieve? We spend as much on securing the northern border as we do the southern border...I have never met a Canadian who wanted to sneak into the US for any reason.

The Canadian / US border should be no more restrictive than a state line. ALL of our resources should be concentrated on the southern border. That is where the problem lies.

Its not that we Cant.. We have not done so, for a multitude of reasons, some of which fall under the Conspiracy Theory heading, but hold up under scrutiny by people like me, Dont let the FACT that Im right about so much bother you. Youll Poo Poo it anyway,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #9 - 01/30/13 at 13:55:29

I have been stationed all over the world and in other countries, the border guards normally will shoot if you try to cross illegally. There is no reason why we cannot secure our borders.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 01/30/13 at 16:02:51

Correct, absolutely NO reason why we Cant. That we havent  tells a tale.

There are reasons Why we chose to not protect our border to the South. Quite a few reasons, actually. Most require a willingness to accept  the notion that there is a powerful group with an agenda Not in the best interest of Americans economic future pulling the strings.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #11 - 01/30/13 at 16:21:54

Well, we physically cannot secure the US/Canadian border.  Cannot be done within the scope of reasonable expenditures.  I studied it for a month with the US Army and the RCMP/Canadian Military.  f course, this was only the border from Buffalo to the Atlantic ocean.

The US Mexican border is probably worse, given the mountainous terrain, shared River length  and I haven't even looked at Calif/Baja  border.    The Defense in Depth is the only partially functional system we have seen, which is why the boder patrol checks 75 miles into Texas.

Houston is correct; the nations to our South have so much horror and terrible living conditions they will risk thier lives chasing the dream God help them..Imagine- the Slums of LA -are safer than home. :'(

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 01/30/13 at 16:24:48

Border defence is electronic. Its easily doable with a 5k software development budget.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #13 - 01/30/13 at 19:15:37

srinath wrote on 01/30/13 at 16:24:48:
Border defence is electronic. Its easily doable with a 5k software development budget.

And once you detect the 1500 people crossing in one region of Texas each night, then what?  Kill them all?  I do not know anyone with the will to do that, and nothing else will stop it.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 01/31/13 at 08:09:53

houstonbofh wrote on 01/30/13 at 19:15:37:
srinath wrote on 01/30/13 at 16:24:48:

And once you detect the 1500 people crossing in one region of Texas each night, then what?  Kill them all?  I do not know anyone with the will to do that, and nothing else will stop it.

No one cares if they come across. We prevent them from getting any other ... no jobs, no DL, no nothing. That is all software my friend. You dont detect them electronically and shoot them. You prevent them form doing anything cos its all electronic. Oh yea 20-30 people use the same SSN - yea I know, we fingerprint and validate when a SSN shows up in an employment list. INS and IRS need to be interlocked. All that is software. We can list a quick check of flagged SSN's. Those that have more than 1 current job. That makes your current 2-3 job people needing to fingerprint register, but past that, it will kill the multiple people using 1 ssn. BTW we think its 11 million, its closer to 80, cos there is no mexican I know that has a real SSN. I know 1 guy who is a legal resident. The rest are all illegal, some who use that guys ssn.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:38:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This is why I like gridlock in congress

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.