Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Cherohala Skyway Down?
01/25/13 at 09:26:24

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2013/01/25/cherohala-skyway-to-reopen-soon/

Just read this on RoadRUNNER's website and thought about you all. Hope they come up with a permanent solution soon! Wishing you all good riding weather and safe rides!

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Cherohala Skyway Down?
Reply #1 - 01/25/13 at 10:34:27

Let's see, landslides (both on to the road and the road sliding off the mountain) have taken out the Dragon and the Skyway once each now since we have been running them.

We LIKED it the year the Dragon got closed because the Tennessee cops couldn't get on their half and the NC cops wouldn't go past the boarder sign -- it was a free road that year.   It wuz nice.

Lots of the littler black line roads we ride show "stair steps" in the asphalt where the road is slowly slipping off the mountain -- this happens pretty commonly between the fix and repave cycles up on those little roads.

Wakes you up good though when you hit one at speed ......    Shocked

Sounds like you are getting sorta Dragonish feeling again Dan, with you a checking out the roads and all.  

Ready for a rematch as we are staying in a new place this year with fresh roads and all?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #2 - 01/25/13 at 14:59:26

I was just PMing with MMRanch about that this morning. After missing most of last year's riding season with ankle, then elbow damage, I'm chompin' at the bit to ride SOMEWHERE...but the pay scale restructure at Lowes put me in a bit of a bind this year so I might have to stick a little closer to home! Been thinking of exploring the riding around Springfield, Mo. down into Arkansas but thinking is as far as I've gotten so far. I guess I better get myself in riding shape first and then see where it goes! A return to the dragon sounds mighty inviting, especially with the new digs, but a lot would have to go very right to pull it off!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 01/26/13 at 04:00:10

Crazy pic, at first I thought the brush in the background was on fire too!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 01/27/13 at 20:25:28

Al Gore's tv network was working on a report just before he sold it. Seems measurements from lasers located on geostationary satellites were showing indication that the curves on the Dragon were widening and also losing elevation above sea level. Prelimenary reports blame a bunch of old farts with darkside tires on small, nimble thumpers as the cause.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 01/27/13 at 20:53:02

I've seen those guys !!!
a bunch of old farts with darkside tires on small, nimble thumpers as the cause.  

Was right there when one of them pass a Sport-bike running full out .    It musta been imbarrassing for the feller couse he never did catch-up to play anymore.  Grin

I also know of one Dardsider that ran too-low of air presure(26psi) on the Dragon and ripped cords in his tire.     Seems like 40psi had worked good for the two years befor that.  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:14:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cherohala Skyway Down?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.