Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Petcock and carb question (Read 80 times)
Lucaisrussell

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southern ca
Petcock and carb question
01/19/13 at 15:15:55

So I'm interested in buying that slide carb(don't know what it's called) and a raptor petcock but what advantages will they give me? I'm assuming it will make my savage go faster? Will it be easier to tune? How much power could I gain?

Kill bodies
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Petcock and carb question
Reply #1 - 01/19/13 at 16:34:06

I can't answer your question about the carb. The raptor petcock is simply a replacement for a malfunctioning stock petcock and will have no effect on how the bike runs as long as the stock part is operating the way it's supposed to. It's just a valve that lets gas flow from the tank to the carb.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 01/19/13 at 16:51:51

Don't get a different carb. Just by the questions you're asking I can tell you wouldn't have any idea what to do with it because no - a different carb isn't going to be easier to "tune" than the carb that's already tuned specifically for your bike. You need to do a LOT of research on what a carb does. But I'd prolly start by researching what a petcock is first considering you think a valve somehow increases performance.

IP Logged
Qwapy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #3 - 01/19/13 at 21:37:19

If you want to go faster, and have more power this is not the bike for you. This is a cruiser. Yes, you can make some mods to increase its speed and power but you will have to spend some money and at the end still a cruiser. Its a lot of fun but it is not a speed demond.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 01/20/13 at 06:29:49

Qwapy wrote on 01/19/13 at 21:37:19:
If you want to go faster, and have more power this is not the bike for you. This is a cruiser. Yes, you can make some mods to increase its speed and power but you will have to spend some money and at the end still a cruiser. Its a lot of fun but it is not a speed demond.

To address the cruiser issue, there is nothing wrong with cruisers.

However, if you want to turn it into something else aimed at a sportier, higher perfomance bike, do the engine mods that Lancer can help you with, and then do one of the RYCA conversions.  You'll end up with something a lot lighter, better handling, and accelerates a lot harder.

You won't have a Savage anymore, though, and you will have spent enough to buy an additional, near new, Savage.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:41:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Petcock and carb question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.