YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Dear Serowbot?
01/17/13 at 17:50:03

I just heard that Dear Abby died.

There is now a void that needs fillin'.......I vote Serowbot!

Dear Serowbot:

My friends don't understand me, and they make fun of me.  They ride Harleys and Gold Wings and Sport bikes with many cylinders. They can't understand why I like to ride and work on a bike with only one cylinder.........and why my bike keeps popping and snorting, or why I think it is kind of sexy how it goes "Pfffft" out the exhaust when I turn it off.  What should I do?  Do I need some kind of therapy or medications?

Dave  

« Last Edit: 01/18/13 at 05:41:42 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dear Serobot?
Reply #1 - 01/17/13 at 20:52:30

Dear Dave,

Inward directed angst isn't culturally correct any more -- this is now the Me/I generation and you need to adjust your internal cultural tilt more towards getting even with the bastards that have been putting you down all these years rather than gushing over them.

Harley riders are the worst of the bunch as they like to cop a HUGE attitude while riding an overweight substandard machine that cost them WAY WAY too much money for what they got out of it.

The ultimate expression of your new attitude needs to be polite, but a pointed ignoring of your old oppressors as you outperform them.   Go up into the North Carolina mountains during the next mountain trip and pass a long line of Harley riders on a curvy road.  

Odds are at least 1-2 out of the group will cop "the attitude" again on seeing your puny Granny bike and they will attempt to show you what's what, only to find out they have willingly followed you into a situation that they could only come out of horizontally (if at all, the outer edge is waiting for them).

And, with them having done it willingly to themselves, just leave them there trapped under their own overweight ego machines, with their folded up sideboard smashing vice-like down on their inside foot and holding firm to their HurleyR riding boot all tight like as the still spinning machine wallows over and slips off over the edge of the grassy margin and down the long drop.

And, if you do it right, you will already be long gone around the next curve when they actually complete their ballet of destruction, so you can respond honestly during whatever that "Hey, I never saw them speed up, I never saw them crash, I don't know a thing about it."

The Goldwingers won't crash, they'll just pick verbal fights with you at the next stop.

Sportsbikes blow past you so fast that they aren't worth the effort to even think about, they are totally LONG GONE after all ....

Signed Serobot with no "W"

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 01/17/13 at 21:16:41

Less we forget Norm's input too:

Dear Dave, keep in mind, I'm talk'n way before Bonaparte even, short men have felt the need to act bigger than they are from putting lifts in their shoes, to keeping in the company of dwarfs and midgets. With those multi-cylinders you site, you must consider many have a fear of ridicule, by others, for not sporting enuff CC to satisfy the rear rider, leaving them frustrated and forlorn, often watching the operator creep over the apex to a climatic summit, yet they themselves feel stranded at the bottom of the grade....
To combat this deficit, you just need to remember, if you twist it, and it goes, the wind feels the same in your face no matter who you ride.   

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/17/13 at 21:20:22

Dear Dave,...  
Give them the one-finger salute...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 01/18/13 at 18:57:03

raydawg wrote on 01/17/13 at 21:16:41:
Less we forget Norm's input too:

Dear Dave, keep in mind, I'm talk'n way before Bonaparte even, short men have felt the need to act bigger than they are from putting lifts in their shoes, to keeping in the company of dwarfs and midgets. With those multi-cylinders you site, you must consider many have a fear of ridicule, by others, for not sporting enuff CC to satisfy the rear rider, leaving them frustrated and forlorn, often watching the operator creep over the apex to a climatic summit, yet they themselves feel stranded at the bottom of the grade....
To combat this deficit, you just need to remember, if you twist it, and it goes, the wind feels the same in your face no matter who you ride.   

Naw! My smiles much bigger knowing I've paid $$$$$$$ LESS for the breeze on my knees! Grin

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 01/18/13 at 18:58:33

Serowbot wrote on 01/17/13 at 21:20:22:
Dear Dave,...  
Give them the one-finger salute...
Wink...

That would be the "little finger" or "tail feather" salute...for those that don't deserve the whole bird Roll Eyes

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 01/18/13 at 19:01:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/17/13 at 20:52:30:

Dear Dave,

Inward directed angst isn't culturally correct any more -- this is now the Me/I generation and you need to adjust your internal cultural tilt more towards getting even with the bastards that have been putting you down all these years rather than gushing over them.

Harley riders are the worst of the bunch as they like to cop a HUGE attitude while riding an overweight substandard machine that cost them WAY WAY too much money for what they got out of it.

The ultimate expression of your new attitude needs to be polite, but a pointed ignoring of your old oppressors as you outperform them.   Go up into the North Carolina mountains during the next mountain trip and pass a long line of Harley riders on a curvy road.  

Odds are at least 1-2 out of the group will cop "the attitude" again on seeing your puny Granny bike and they will attempt to show you what's what, only to find out they have willingly followed you into a situation that they could only come out of horizontally (if at all, the outer edge is waiting for them).

And, with them having done it willingly to themselves, just leave them there trapped under their own overweight ego machines, with their folded up sideboard smashing vice-like down on their inside foot and holding firm to their HurleyR riding boot all tight like as the still spinning machine wallows over and slips off over the edge of the grassy margin and down the long drop.

And, if you do it right, you will already be long gone around the next curve when they actually complete their ballet of destruction, so you can respond honestly during whatever that "Hey, I never saw them speed up, I never saw them crash, I don't know a thing about it."

The Goldwingers won't crash, they'll just pick verbal fights with you at the next stop.

Sportsbikes blow past you so fast that they aren't worth the effort to even think about, they are totally LONG GONE after all ....

Signed Serobot with no "W"

Grin

Somebody give me one of those "HERO" cams and I'll follow along behind and make the documentary while you "school" them guys OF  Wink

I don't think I'll be teachin' on my first trip down there!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dear Serowbot?
Reply #7 - 01/18/13 at 21:31:08

MM or Lancer can tell you, it isn't a pretty sight to hear them talk about it.

I dunno, I've never been able to take my eyes off the road to do any sort of looking, especially not backards ...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:20:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dear Serowbot?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.