aftermarket tank (Read 78 times)
ajhoff83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Madison, WI
aftermarket tank
01/15/13 at 22:05:58

I see some people mount Sportster style tanks on the Savage. I know there are electronics under the tank making it more difficult to mount a new tank.

Anyone have any experience mounting any aftermarket tank on their bike???

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: aftermarket tank
Reply #1 - 01/15/13 at 22:37:27

Most are too long or have too narrow of a tunnel to sit properly. I used to work at a bike shop with attached wrecking yard. Very few easy swap tanks for our bikes courtesy of the frame split, plus the stubby square back bone tube.

Aftermarket and stock stuff I know would not fit mine, I tried a couple hundred different tanks: King Sportster, Paughco Mustang tanks, anything labelled for FX or FXR Harley Davidsons, anything labelled for English or CB parallel twins, Puch, Jawa, CZ, metal 2 stroke street tanks, Kawasaki VN series spec...

Easiest fit is Honda ATC, but you'll be doing some frame work...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: aftermarket tank
Reply #2 - 01/15/13 at 23:01:05

Do some searching on the forum; in both Rubber side Down and the tech sections...
There's a guy on here who used a 1980's GS450 tank I think; was a nearly direct fit. Maybe it was a 1970's Suzuki GT tank.
There have been a couple of others, but WD is right; almost anything else is going to require a good bit of work; either to the frame or to the tank.

I've got a 1969 T350 tank on my Roadster project; but it's been kind of a disaster... didn't need to be, just turned out that way.

The thread is in my signature line if you want to take a look...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 02:07:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › aftermarket tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.