Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
semi-new savage owner with some questions (Read 117 times)
n64trav3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

semi-new savage owner with some questions
01/11/13 at 14:52:23

hey everyone, i purchased my 1986 Savage back in may 2012 and have been lingering around on here abit and its helped me out alot, and i want to thank everyone for that. i love this bike, its my second one, came here from a 06 Ninja 250. now i do have a few questions about it though, i did a Head Gasket swap over the summer, and all went well except i connected the hoses to the carb wrong which caused it to run like poop, until i finally figured out that's what the problem was. once i fixed that, it runs great again. except  my exhaust is extremely blue from not having the hoses on right im guessing as it happened during that time frame. i know there was a thread that had suggestions of products that can take out the blue, but i didn't know if this may be to severe for it and wanted to know if i should just get a new exhaust instead. ive attached some pics as well and a video because i wasn't sure if i have my idle speed at ~1000 RPM i think so but would like a second opinion on that as well. thanks in advanced!

http://youtu.be/cg1wFUHNcZQ < Video of bike running

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: semi-new savage owner with some questions
Reply #1 - 01/11/13 at 18:42:45

Idle speed sounds fine to me....I wouldn't go much lower.

JMHO!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 01/11/13 at 22:32:13

First,.. welcome... Wink...
Idle sounds fine...
Blue, is pretty... mine is 4 times bluer than yours... I don't worry about it...
...if it bothers you,.. scrub away with Bluejob,.. but, that's a cosmetic thing...
Your pipe is baby blue,... that's easy cleaning...
Mine went blue when I bought it... a 97',.. in 06'...(it took me 2 weeks to figure out the petcock was leaking)...
I think it looks cool... (people see it, and think I can ride like a m**fk*r....)...  
I can't... I'm a putter... Huh...

Pssst!... don't just pop in, then leave...
Stop in the Cafe' section, and join the banter...
If you hang out for while... you'll find that your experience can add to the knowledge, and support...
... and, lots of good people and fun here....

We build from shared shared experience... noobs and sages... and all those in between...
Wink...
BLUEEEEEEE!... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/12/13 at 09:30:06

Could you shrink your photos down a bit?  The photos are 3 times wider than my screen - and I can only see 1/3rd of the text at a time.  I'd love to help.....but I am too lazy to try and read across 3 screens!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 01/12/13 at 14:20:53

Man Bot, I thought my header pipe was getting funky... Oh, wait, mine burned through the chrome in several spots... I win!

Nothing wrong with the original poster's bike that a white spacer mod and backing out the air screw won't help.

Leave the blue, it eventually comes back. Or do what a bunch of us have done and use bbq paint on it. Flat black instead of a "motor oil floating on a puddle" effect.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 01/12/13 at 14:53:25

Being a header and the fact that it's SS you will always have the issue of the blue whether it's tuned properly or not. If the blue bothers you that much, you will be in for lots of work keeping up with rubbing it off with blue job if you want to keep the SS showing.   Otherwise learn to love the blue or paint it or wrap it.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
n64trav3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/12/13 at 19:57:25

Thanks for the help everyone Cheesy ill try and re-size the photos later as well as someone requested. my computer situation is a little... strange at the moment to say the least. ill probably just do as suggested and let it be blue.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:33:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › semi-new savage owner with some questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.