ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Check engine light...
01/11/13 at 09:43:49

E-mail, from my buddy George,... Huh...

Quote:
Jessa's "service engine soon" light came on in her Vitara, so I googled for advice and information.
I found this one particularly interesting (and helpful ?)

"Solutions March 19, 2009
Take your rig.. drive it to a gas station.. fill the tank up with gas.. also fill 2 jugs of gasoline at the same time... put the jugs in the back of it.. now drive as far as you can until the rig runs out of gas.. then, take the two jugs of gas.. pour it all over the rig, inside and out.. now light it a-blaze, then walk to your nearest car dealer and buy a new car.."

suzuki grand vitara 2000 model the engine light

Was this solution helpful? Yes No

The internet is so helpful...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: Check engine light...
Reply #1 - 01/11/13 at 11:00:13

I know what you mean Serowbot, Anybody that has ever committed arson knows that one gallon of gas would have been more than enough fuel to accomplish the deed. Two gallons is just a waste of money. Plus, if the fuel is poured all over the vehicle, it would be easily detected and a case for arson could be made. Instead, the fuel should have just been poured over the carb or throttle body and then ignited. This would cause enough damage to total the vehicle and the cause would be assigned to a leaking fuel supply line.

I don't know why these amateurs insist on offering advice when they are not qualified arsonists. The nerve! No one on this forum ever offers advice when they are not qualified! Right, guys?

Yup,.. that's the problem... -Serow...

« Last Edit: 01/11/13 at 12:43:15 by Serowbot »  

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 01/11/13 at 11:58:44

We had a Honda generator almost 20 years ago,If it got low on oil the motor would stop till you put more oil in it,If they could do that on a $400 generator all cars and motorcycles should have that.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 01/11/13 at 12:13:18

I gave him a thumbs-up hahahaa

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/11/13 at 13:36:20

bill67 wrote on 01/11/13 at 11:58:44:
We had a Honda generator almost 20 years ago,If it got low on oil the motor would stop till you put more oil in it,If they could do that on a $400 generator all cars and motorcycles should have that.

cost of the cure is more than the disease,. check yer oil,.,seriously, you see a lotta cars melted down cuz they were driven low on oil? Have you Ever ruined an engine by running it low on oil?
Ive seen industrial engines with Murphy switches on them & it makes sense there, because the people running the engines didnt OWN the engines & wouldnt have to pay if the engine got ruined.

Its not always someone elses job to make sure we dont screw ourselves.
If the people thot so much of that idea, Ill bet a market survey or 2 would have reflected that & some manufacturer would have been the First to bring that to the showroom floor.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 01/11/13 at 13:49:07

Maybe the engine light comes on if their low on oil,I don't know I haven't had a car or truck that burns oil in the last 30-40 years,Normally change oil ever 7000 or so miles.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 01/11/13 at 14:26:51

Need an idiot light?

get yerself a honda oil pressure sensor and a tank light and plug it into the spare spot on the savage.

might come on at idle, don't know what the pressure settings are, but should not be on at cruise.

WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #7 - 01/11/13 at 19:32:16

The vehicles I have owned light an oil pressure light when the oil pressure - not the oil level - is low. Far as I know, that does not trigger the Check Engine light. Engines operated unattended, such as generators and irrigation engines, often have several engine shutdown switches including low oil level and low oil pressure, coolant level and temperatures, overspeed, and no doubt others.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 01/11/13 at 23:50:43

Charon wrote on 01/11/13 at 19:32:16:
... Engines operated unattended,........., often have several engine shutdown switches including...

I very often ride with my engine,.. unattended... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #9 - 01/12/13 at 06:25:06

Check engine light is almost always related to emissions junk.  There are lights or gauges for everything important.  

Lots of shops around here will read the codes for free.  Might see if you can find one that will read them for you so you'll know for sure what's happening.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #10 - 01/13/13 at 03:20:43

my experiences with the check engine light have been mostly related to the the fuel vapor system ... either a gas cap that no longer seals properly or a blocked fuel tank vent tube.

As for burning a vehicle ... well a police officer friend of mine sez that if you dump several large bags of potato chips around the interior, they'll burn easily ... and HOT ... and leave no tell-tale evidence ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
triumphleroy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/13/13 at 17:33:43

Large number of Check Engine Lights occur after filling up and topping off tank (or overfilling) puts fuel into the fuel vapor system and  stops up the charcoal canister? My old Nissan Pick up and my 2003 Dodge Ram truck do it anytime I try to top them off. Just check the code reset and drive on.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 01/13/13 at 20:48:13

My 77 F-100 with a 302 had a low oil level cut off switch, so do both my 2.3L Rangers, Lisa's 95 Subaru, the fossil's 2006 Vibe, the 85 C10 with a 4.3L V6... The circa 1968 413-3 big block Dodge industrial spec V8 in the motor home...

When was the last time low oil caused an engine fire... beats me. They usually just seize up or grenade. Oil leak induced fires on the other hand... dozens. Sprint cars and big rigs mostly.

2 gallons to make a Vitara disappear? Should only take a pint or so... plastic lines...  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/14/13 at 06:10:20

He says 2 gallons because those are 2009 gas prices.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:26:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Check engine light...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.