Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEW Mikuni TM40-6 Info ... purty pah-leez (Read 103 times)
rat907
YaBB Newbies

Have bike will
travel

Las Vegas, NV
NEW Mikuni TM40-6 Info ... purty pah-leez
01/09/13 at 19:46:33

After a bit of lurking here as a guest and other webpages here (USA) and abroad, I decided to pump my thumper. I wanted a little more feedback from the throttle than the BS40s auto slow roll-on. The Mikuni TM40-6 was a recommended replacement carb for my '05 LS650 from afew other carb stores.

Got a hellofadeal from Powersport Superstore on Amazon on a TM40-6 (almost 1/3 less than a new BS40SS and at last check almost 1/2 less as of 1/6/13).

1) My biggest problem besides finding any info other than an exploded veiw diagram is that the TM is likened to the Mikuni HSR model. Any tech search online always point me to the HSR.

2) My Main pain is the float level adjustment, since after installing the new carb (4X now with a new 2mm increase level), the carb pukes fuel out of the overflow tube on the ground. The HSR Tuning Manual states 18mm float height from the cup base. At last attempt it was at 24mm and still puking at start up.

The needle seat and needle are perfect, but are 3.8 size (largest for the model as shipped), should I drop it down to the 3.2 size or the fuel pump version of 2.2 on my gravity/vac feed system?

Any help is appreacdiated other than suggesting a different carb. I plan on getting a jet kit to adjust for the high desert climate and flow characteristics of the TM carb.

« Last Edit: 01/10/13 at 05:21:21 by rat907 »  

Denny

2005 Suzuki S40 Boulevard, Lancers VM 36 Carb Kit & Thrush Glass Pack... Zoom Zoom!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: NEW Mikuni TM40-6 Info ... purty pah-leez
Reply #1 - 01/10/13 at 05:37:38

If I was having a problem like that Id cheat. Id lower the float some, hekk with the book, you know its not gonna work "as is", so, adjust the float down so the thing doesnt puke. If you have a performance issue due to the float being too low, adjust back the other way. Youll either find a happy medium or ya wont..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rat907
YaBB Newbies

Have bike will
travel

Las Vegas, NV
Re: NEW Mikuni TM40-6 Info ... purty pah-leez
Reply #2 - 01/13/13 at 04:42:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/10/13 at 05:37:38:
If I was having a problem like that Id cheat. Id lower the float some, hekk with the book, you know its not gonna work "as is", so, adjust the float down so the thing doesnt puke. If you have a performance issue due to the float being too low, adjust back the other way. Youll either find a happy medium or ya wont..

I have been lowering the float level 2mm each attempt. My current measurement is now 26mm and on hold.

I waiting for the winter winds to die down so I can mount it again a do a check.

Denny

2005 Suzuki S40 Boulevard, Lancers VM 36 Carb Kit & Thrush Glass Pack... Zoom Zoom!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:18:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEW Mikuni TM40-6 Info ... purty pah-leez

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.