Bobber build questions (Read 554 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bobber build questions
Reply #15 - 01/10/13 at 14:43:38

Jahoo wrote on 01/10/13 at 10:54:28:
Got tired of trying to find a clutch adjuster so I built my own.  Me and my angle grinder have become quite good friends. http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j435/Mcnasby/74FC8ED5-380A-4F4C-B500-7D4F...

Dude! I Love it!  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bubba1

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/10/13 at 15:35:24

Got my tank today ripped old one off set new one on but haven't mounted it yet. Looks good so far

image_037.jpg
  IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #17 - 01/10/13 at 16:51:56

It's more the fact that where it splits to the headlight is keeping it from reaching not so much the actual length of wires.

IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #18 - 01/10/13 at 21:30:47

How did that tank slip past me? Let me know how the mounting comes along. When I find my tank bubba I'm hoping you can help me out with welding the mounts.
I'm now trying to locate the right size throttle cable nipple. Does anyone know where I can buy one online? Just the cable end not the whole cable. If not does anyone know the size? I'd really just like to find a pack of misc. sized nipples so I don't have to ever search for these again.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 01/11/13 at 11:19:51

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-choppe...

Talk to these guys. Tell them Scruffy from Do the Ton sent you.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #20 - 01/11/13 at 16:19:18

Awesome is that the right size for the throttle handle? This wount be one of those "tell em large marge sent you" moments will it?
Since I have to take a brake from handlebars I started on the tailight. I'm using a 1933-36 ford tailight (model a?), so I built a quick side mounting bracket out of sheet metal.

Cleaned it up a bit later but wount paint it till I have everything ready for paint.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 01/11/13 at 16:46:10

You'll have to ask them what sizes are available, I use off the rack cables for other bikes on my builds. Used to have the Motion Pro catalog almost memorized, shop had dozens of each cable in a rack to play with.

They might want to know how you heard of them. I took a couple years off from Do The Ton, but since I'm back to working on my street legal tracker I restarted my membership.

You want some wild and wicked ideas for modding your bike? Follow the link...http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?board=48.0  Shocked

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #22 - 01/16/13 at 10:36:40

So I'm having some trouble with electronics. The original light has three wires coming out but my model A only has two. I'm going to hook up my battery again and start figuring out this little problem but any insight would be helpful. I also just found out that my state does not require turn signals so I'm removing all the wiring for both front and rear blinkers. Any electronics I can get rid of I'd be happy to take off this bike.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 01/16/13 at 11:59:31

Jahoo wrote on 01/16/13 at 10:36:40:
So I'm having some trouble with electronics. The original light has three wires coming out but my model A only has two. I'm going to hook up my battery again and start figuring out this little problem but any insight would be helpful. I also just found out that my state does not require turn signals so I'm removing all the wiring for both front and rear blinkers. Any electronics I can get rid of I'd be happy to take off this bike.

One is ground, one is tail light, one is stop.

In two wire lights (hardly diaperson) the frame is ground.

WWW   IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #24 - 01/17/13 at 17:44:01

Got it working so the tailight lights up only when I use the front brake. Any ideas on what to check to see why the rear isn't making the light come on.

IP Logged
Bubba1

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 01/17/13 at 18:22:18

Follow the cable from the brake pedal it goes up to a little switch pull on it if that makes it work then it just needs adjusted u will see what I mean I it doesn't follow the 2 wires from that switch up an make sure they are connected if u don't understand what I mean I will take a pic for ya and By the way If you r not tagging historic then u do need the blinkers also tag has to be horizontal. But I've only heard of a couple people catching hell for it

IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #26 - 01/18/13 at 18:47:01

I put an extra hole in the bracket so it can be made into a horizontal tag if I get hassled by old johnny law.

IP Logged
Bubba1

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/18/13 at 19:26:04

Here is a pic of that switch that activates light from brake pedal

image_048.jpg
  IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #28 - 01/22/13 at 20:25:02

Started messing with the brake light haven't gotten it to work perfectly yet. Still tryin to figure out how to hide the wires the best to clean up the lines alittle better. Maybe cut the tape holding them all together and just rewrap them in a decent new configuration. It's been cold as hell here in MD, and I'm still hung over from the ravens pats game (apple pie moonshine victory shots were a bad idea) so my progress has slowed. I'm hoping to on Thursday to finally tackle my wire issues and finally have it clean enough to start thinking about seat and springs. I'm really digging the raw metal look, is there a way to protect the metal without painting? Maybe a clear coat over it? Or will that just make it shiny and not as raw looking.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:27:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber build questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.