Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame
Reply #2 - 01/07/13 at 17:54:17

diamond jim wrote on 01/07/13 at 16:18:20:
Roll Tide Roll.

We always used Oxydol or cheer  Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/07/13 at 18:59:06

Watching it now, Jim, 28 to zip about halftime. It is because of Alabama football I discovered I was a world class runner, faster than Forest Gump.

Many years ago, I accepted a job in Birmingham. My first week on the job, some of my co-workers invited me to a bar to welcome me to the company. The subject turned to football and being a native Texan, I was polite and agreed Bear Bryant was a great coach in his time but suggested Darrell Royal from the University of Texas was a bit more creative on the offense. The problem was I suggested it a little too loud and about a dozen or so patrons in the bar thought it would be great fun to kick some sense into me, literally. I was out the door and 100 yards down the road in under 10 seconds flat.

For the three years I remained in Alabama, I worshiped at the alter of the Crimson Tide and kept my mouth shut.
Cool

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #4 - 01/07/13 at 19:18:05

Blinky-FSO wrote on 01/07/13 at 18:59:06:
Watching it now, Jim, 28 to zip about halftime. It is because of Alabama football I discovered I was a world class runner, faster than Forest Gump.

Many years ago, I accepted a job in Birmingham. My first week on the job, some of my co-workers invited me to a bar to welcome me to the company. The subject turned to football and being a native Texan, I was polite and agreed Bear Bryant was a great coach in his time but suggested Darrell Royal from the University of Texas was a bit more creative on the offense. The problem was I suggested it a little too loud and about a dozen or so patrons in the bar thought it would be great fun to kick some sense into me, literally. I was out the door and 100 yards down the road in under 10 seconds flat.

For the three years I remained in Alabama, I worshiped at the alter of the Crimson Tide and kept my mouth shut.
Cool

That is too funny.  I'm guessing all they would have done was made you wear an Auburn jersey.

I was born in 1970. By the time I was 10 I got to see the Tide win a couple of championships. My son just turned 10. I guess history does repeat itself.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 01/07/13 at 19:20:18

I work with all Vietnamese guys and they're listening to the game now in the shop going berserk. I have no idea what any of them are saying but it's more entertaining than the game itself.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #6 - 01/07/13 at 19:26:34

LOL. Win or lose I'm happy for my team.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #7 - 01/07/13 at 20:53:35

A couple of years ago I heard a coach on TV say it was harder to win a SEC championship than a national championship.  Maybe it was Steve Spurrier. Don't remember. Anyways, I gotta agree.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 01/07/13 at 22:54:34

I live in Ms and really don't care much about sports, but I am 2 miles from Al. I watched with my daughter and enjoyed the game. I will be going to Al tomorrow to see a dear friend who is not quite the rabid fan some are, but her husband and daughters are.
When her 18 yr old daughter got her first car it was black with no badge on the front of the hood. I got an Ole Miss plastic oval maybe 3" across with a magnet on the back. It worked perfect on the front of the hood, and even better, her mom, dad and sister were in the drive when she came home. They all laughed and pointed. She jumped out and screamed, "That better come off!". Of course, no lasting trauma resulted, and it only took them 15 minutes to figure out I'm the only person who would do that. It is still a favorite story to tell on her daughter, even now.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #9 - 01/08/13 at 06:43:34

really wanted to see Cinderella close the deal - wishful thinking - AL has good thing going, just wish it wasnt AL - I really think the better match up woul dhave been OR vs AL or at least more entertaining.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 01/08/13 at 12:31:12

Radio in the shop was rattlin on about who knows what & I heard someth9ing about teams eliminated from the playoffs,, Huhh,, no kiddin? How long till its over? I havent watched a game yet,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 01/08/13 at 23:13:25

It should have been Oregon against Alabama!  I don't think the TIde would have won. If so, it would have been very close. No one can stay with Oregon's offense. That guy that ran the opening kickoff for a touchdown was clocked at 27 mph!

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #12 - 01/09/13 at 05:34:46

Obviously somebody can. They didn't even make it to the PAC-12 Championship, much less the NC. They seem to choke when they come up against a balanced team that smacks them in the mouth.  
But gotta agree with you that their offense is scary good. It's on a whole different level than everyone else.  Oregon got tons of love from the media this year and deservedly so. Within the next 3 years things will fall into place for them and they'll be hoisting the crystal ball.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:14:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Alabama vs Notre Dame

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.