Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Thwarted school bombing plot (Read 293 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Thwarted school bombing plot
Reply #45 - 01/11/13 at 10:15:00

Paraquat wrote on 01/11/13 at 09:17:02:
srinath wrote on 01/11/13 at 07:21:25:
The cops posted @ schools are nto retired. They are active, they need to be paid. If teachers want to spend the extra time and $ getting guns, and training etc etc to retain proficiency and do all that for free, they are welcome to, I am just not for dumping the costs onto the regular tax payer.

Fantastic. We finally see eye to eye on something.
Too bad it's zero tolerance this and gun free zone that.

--Steve

No gun free nothing. Arm the teachers, arm the guards, arm the janitors, arm the kids ... Just dont tax the common folk for that.
You run anti smoking ads with tobacco taxes ...
Same with guns.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 01/11/13 at 11:05:07

I agree with you!
Those who want, may.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #47 - 01/11/13 at 11:10:53

Paraquat wrote on 01/11/13 at 11:05:07:
I agree with you!
Those who want, may.

--Steve

That's not quite what I said ...
Those that want to work as security guards @ schools out of their own time and $ can. If that is not adequate coverage, the govt needs to fund a paid force to do so, and tax the gun and bullet sales to cover that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 01/11/13 at 11:20:45

Why does The Government need to do it? Why not the town?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #49 - 01/11/13 at 11:23:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/11/13 at 11:20:45:
Why does The Government need to do it? Why not the town?

That would just send the criminal/whacko to the next town.
We all know this argument is the Lucy vs sofa spring episode.

Only nation wide will work ... heck that wont work, mexicans will be smuggling bullets ... but bullets will take the place of drugs ... so we have a double sided benefit there.

Canada - we gotta also stop it from comming that way ... heck we should get canada to do the same.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 01/13/13 at 06:36:16

srinath wrote on 01/11/13 at 11:10:53:
That's not quite what I said ...
Those that want to work as security guards @ schools out of their own time and $ can. If that is not adequate coverage, the govt needs to fund a paid force to do so, and tax the gun and bullet sales to cover that.

Cool.
Srinath.

srinath wrote on 01/11/13 at 10:15:00:
No gun free nothing. Arm the teachers, arm the guards, arm the janitors, arm the kids ... Just dont tax the common folk for that.
You run anti smoking ads with tobacco taxes ...
Same with guns.
Cool.
Srinath.

If the janitor wants to carry, as long as he is legally able and has passed a sufficient background check like I'm sure most teachers are required to do, he may if he choses.
I'm fine with that.

How many of you "old" guys used to carry a bowie knife to school in your days?

--Steve

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #51 - 01/13/13 at 07:05:15

I'm almost 74 never carried a bowie knife,Never even seen one around schools,I would rather the janitor didn't have one either I have grandchildren in schools.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 01/13/13 at 08:35:49

Well you'd be the first I've heard of.
I've heard elders speaking of carrying foot long knives in belt holsters to school.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 01/13/13 at 20:34:23

An Ohio school board has unanimously voted to place armed custodians on their k-12 campus in an effort to better protect their students from a future mass shooting.  

Following Wednesday's believed unprecedented 5-0 vote in the state, four male janitors were the first to volunteer to arm themselves with their own handguns on the rural Montpelier campus, the Toledo Blade reports.

The vote will permit only non-teaching employees to carry the firearms on the campus, so long as they complete a weapons training course.

Packing: This K-12 school district in Montpelier, Ohio has unanimously voted to allow janitors and any other non-teaching employee to carry fire arms on campus
'It's kind of a sign of the times,' Superintendent Jamies Grime said on Friday.

The move comes as districts and lawmakers across the nation weigh how to protect students following the December school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.
The school board's legal counsel accompanied the vote, Mr Grime told the Blade, who advised Ohio’s gun law which allows school boards to authorize employees to possess weapons on school grounds, should they pass the requirements of the concealed-carry law.

The school's decision would not be the first, at least in the country, however.

A school district in Harrold, Texas has allowed its teachers and other employees to carry weapons on campus since 2007, reports the New York Daily News.
Following the December shooting in Newtown, school districts in Oklahoma, Missouri, Minnesota, South Dakota and Oregon are also considering similar gun safety amendments.

Side gig: The janitors were the first to volunteer, so long as they successfully complete a gun training program and bring their own weapons to the school (file photo)
On Thursday the Montpelier school district announced their decision on their school website and Facebook page, acknowledging parents having not been notified of their plan until now.
They explain: 'the plan will not be enacted for many weeks, which allows for adequate time to notify parents of the plan.'

'No one will be carrying a concealed firearm for at least one month. It will take time to properly train people and this must be completed before the plan will be enacted,' they wrote.

On the school district's Facebook page, more than a dozen reacted positively to the announcement.

A firearms training program called GunTeachers took opportunity to also share on the school’s Facebook page their current educator's discount: Free gun training to Ohio and Michigan school teachers and administrators.

'While current laws do not permit firearms to be carried on school property, this course is designed to make you more comfortable with a firearm and provide a broader knowledge base on the issue,’ they wrote of their program said to be taught by professional law enforcement officers and licensed attorneys.

‘This may be one solution in the future to prevent the next tragedy. GunTeachers appreciates and recognizes your role in keeping students safe,' they write of their program.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261117/Montpelier-Ohio-school-board-...

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #54 - 01/14/13 at 09:43:25

Too many people in America who create a fart like stench when they sneeze.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 23:50:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Thwarted school bombing plot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.