Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Thwarted school bombing plot (Read 293 times)
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Thwarted school bombing plot
Reply #30 - 01/10/13 at 15:16:30

JOG -

He's got a one track mind.  I've quit arguingwith him - it's pointless and will only get you more frstrated.  While you and I disagree on many points, I always enjoy the intellectual contest.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 01/10/13 at 15:18:53

I live in Richmond Virginia area and there was a meeting last week in one of the local counties of teachers and school employess that wanted to volenteer to be a school guardian..no extra pay..use thier own equipment..just willing to put thier lives between the crazies and the kids and i applaude them.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #32 - 01/10/13 at 16:01:23

I agree with Srinath he has some common sense.I have 4 kids with kids in school,None of them want guns in their schools.I have 14 guns I never thought about getting them for protection.I bought them because I like them.All 22s and 410s.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 01/10/13 at 17:11:41

Well, Bill, your support for Srinaths position only diminishes what tiny strength he had, in my opinion,
Look at the facts
More gun control = more gun violence.
Its been demonstrated more than once.
Did the "Gun Free Zones" keep the kids safe?

How about we try it OUR way a while?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 01/10/13 at 17:26:19

I agree that i dont want guns in school, the problem is they are already there so how are we going to protect our kids? Even if you banned all guns and sent the military out to collect them all it would take decades to stop them and this country would probably be at civil war and if you raise the tax to $100 per bullet it would take decades to use up what is out there. So what are we willing to do to stop these guys tomorrow. No one on either side of the aisle likes what is hapening. If we cant put armed gaurds in the schools then give me another answer that will protect the kids next week and not some crazy philisophical answer that will take decades to implement.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 01/10/13 at 18:08:56

Report on the radio

Parents in Newtown are asking police to stay in schools. Saying the kids are comforted by the presence of armed guards.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #36 - 01/10/13 at 19:11:51

I am not talking about controlling anything.
We tax the bullets.
We take that $ and put armed guards and guns and training in schools.
Trachers want to be armed, and have concealed permits. OK you really now have to see what percentage of that is the result of the shootings in the school in CT. Its a reaction .. .cos if they were already gun enthusiasts, why do they not have guns already ?

Seriously I dont want to infringe upon any self defence or any freedom.

I'd rather have bullets locked away. Not hoarded in the future, and have something better to secure them than the flimsy "background check only for stores, not shows" type of crap.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #37 - 01/10/13 at 19:18:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/10/13 at 18:08:56:
Report on the radio

Parents in Newtown are asking police to stay in schools. Saying the kids are comforted by the presence of armed guards.

Ok great, send them the bill then.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 01/11/13 at 07:11:59

YOu dont think the citizens should be protected? YOu think the banks get bills from the cops for having On Duty Patrolmen assigned in them?

You ACT as if your assumptions are correct. WHY do you assume the teachers dont already have guns, at home? & What is it about your brain that demands these teachers already BE gun enthusiasts? Some may be Very REcent converts,

What does it matter if they never wanted to own a gun before? Maybe some have them, maybe not,, I have a hard time believing out of an entire school No One owns a gun,,but, so what? Who cares if they believed in having a gun 3 weeks ago? If they want one NOW, its their RIGHT.,.

Again, I wonder how many retired cops would happily spend a day a week at the schools?

Look up
Intellectual Dishonesty

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #39 - 01/11/13 at 07:21:07

JOG -

You won't change his mind.  Arguing with this guy is pointless.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 01/11/13 at 07:21:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/11/13 at 07:11:59:
YOu dont think the citizens should be protected? YOu think the banks get bills from the cops for having On Duty Patrolmen assigned in them?

You ACT as if your assumptions are correct. WHY do you assume the teachers dont already have guns, at home? & What is it about your brain that demands these teachers already BE gun enthusiasts? Some may be Very REcent converts,

What does it matter if they never wanted to own a gun before? Maybe some have them, maybe not,, I have a hard time believing out of an entire school No One owns a gun,,but, so what? Who cares if they believed in having a gun 3 weeks ago? If they want one NOW, its their RIGHT.,.

Again, I wonder how many retired cops would happily spend a day a week at the schools?

Look up
Intellectual Dishonesty

Anyone who wants to "volunteer" first needs to be evaluvated ... they may be criminals or psycho's ... otherwise, anyone who is unpaid is fine to sit @ a school when they are able to (as long as they clear the check).
The cops posted @ schools are nto retired. They are active, they need to be paid. If teachers want to spend the extra time and $ getting guns, and training etc etc to retain proficiency and do all that for free, they are welcome to, I am just not for dumping the costs onto the regular tax payer.

And, I dont need to look up anything. I know what it is and I see it often in you, webster and a lot of others. Like the cartoon posted by parquat. Good. Thanks.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 01/11/13 at 09:17:02

srinath wrote on 01/11/13 at 07:21:25:
The cops posted @ schools are nto retired. They are active, they need to be paid. If teachers want to spend the extra time and $ getting guns, and training etc etc to retain proficiency and do all that for free, they are welcome to, I am just not for dumping the costs onto the regular tax payer.

Fantastic. We finally see eye to eye on something.
Too bad it's zero tolerance this and gun free zone that.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 01/11/13 at 09:43:08

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 01/11/13 at 07:21:07:
JOG -

Its worse than pointless,,he believes himself to be honest & he isnt,

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #43 - 01/11/13 at 10:12:07

Obama is the president there will be gun control as needed,Romney lost for good reason,He still can't believe he lost. Republican are all like Romney they change their mine every day.They want less spending but want a cops all over to defend them like schools, Wal Mart,gas stations.They want less government control,But want the government to supply cops so they don't get hurt.What every happened the the America I grew up in.       America The Home Of The Brave.  Now you Republicans get your panties off and act like a man.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 01/11/13 at 10:12:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/11/13 at 09:43:08:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 01/11/13 at 07:21:07:
JOG -

Its worse than pointless,,he believes himself to be honest & he isnt,

Yes losing an argument always brings out regret via comments like this.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:00:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Thwarted school bombing plot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.