Send Topic Print
today (Read 118 times)
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

today
01/05/13 at 11:19:02

Took her out for a BRISK 50 mile today. Now to take her all apart again for final paint and build.

bobbertoday.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: today
Reply #1 - 01/05/13 at 11:37:48

Is it comfortable>?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/05/13 at 11:45:13

Actually it is a lot more comfy than i thought it would be. I have no issues riding it. The only thing is you do not have that little lip at the back of the seat that holds you there. As you can see i added Ed's 4" extentions which really helps with the leg room.

IP Logged
PiaFea

Against the Wind !

Houston, Texas - USA
Reply #3 - 01/05/13 at 11:51:52

The bike looks real nice. Good job!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 01/05/13 at 12:59:06

The only thing I would say is, dont get in a hurry NOW, it looks great, but make sure its really how you want it before you finish it up. If it just fits like a glove & youre truly thrilled with how it sits, then paint that thing, its a great Look, its fully functional, it has Fenders & still has the looks,,
If theres anything about how the seat is tilted/mounted, designed that you arent just thrilled with that you cant change later w/o messing up your paint, then work it out now,.,
Its a Fine look youve created there & the bag just kikks butt there.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/05/13 at 13:25:24

Thank you are very kind.......where in e. Texas you from. My family originated in Corsicana.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #6 - 01/05/13 at 21:10:40

MShipley, that bike rocks. I've never been a big fan of most of the LS650 bobbers but your execution is awesome.  I love me some drag bars and forward controls on the 650. Feels great. I'm interested in what the final look will be.

I also had a similar exhaust pipe on mine.  I eventually did a slash cut on the end and it changed the sound. To me it sounded smoother with less suction noise on the negative wave impulse. Before I cut it I did the slash cut on an exhaust adapter then slid that on the end of the pipe to test the sound.  Did you notice any change in low end torque with the pipe?

Good job, dude.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 01/06/13 at 05:13:51

Looking sharp MShipley   Wink

I do agree with JOG,  get some more miles in the saddle and make sure she's where you want her. No use having to take anything apart to redo modifying/painting later.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/06/13 at 05:16:30

I purchased the bike to bob it so I never rode it much at first. it is based on the BCB kit with a few other mods. When I took it down I did thee exhaust, removed air box, did a re-jet, whit spacer mod, (ps: info that would not have been available without you guys) all at once and would say it is very torguey. LOL, I also have a 1999 Honda 1100 ACE which is much larger. But the little bobber is much more likely to fly out fom under you.
The paint wont look a lot different. I am actually going to use the brown primer as my primary base color, some antique white racing strips with a little gold and I am going to try the Spraymax 2K clear coat.

Maybe next winter get some parts from Lancer and go thru the motor.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 01/06/13 at 12:50:28

MIte as well just say Im in Longview. I can get to the mall in about 12 minutes, funny tho, I seem to almost never go there. The rare visits the mall gets from me are usually to Sears, where I walk right past a few things to get to the tools. Or, Radio Shack, but theres one across from Harbor Freight, so,, I usually go there

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:27:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.