Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #90 - 03/14/13 at 07:14:44

The cabins are tiny, you likely wouldn't be smoking in bed, right?  Other than that there isn't much said about smoking either way on the site and we always have a smoker or two or three in every group anyway.   Lots of outdoors 4 feet from the foot of your bed.

Cheesy

It's the mountain run .... them hillbillies smoke, by and large.   They wants them snaggly teeth to look proper after all.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #91 - 03/14/13 at 07:40:46

Undecided I'd rekon them mountian gals 'd be looking fer some   Cool Robert Redford lookin dude 'stead of me :'( ...so....naw! No smokin in the bed Wink Grin!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 03/14/13 at 07:42:31

We are 2 months out from trip time -- time to go look at your tires while there is still time to do something about them.

Last trip I had lots of rear rubber, or so I thought.  Mountain trips eat some rubber though and I wound up going home a day early due to total rear tire bald-itus.

Part of this was the heat -- it wuz HOT last year.   So hot we rolled the trip a bit earlier so as to get rid of the tire killing heat.  

(we also made room for a fall run to WD's farm by doing this, so a spring and fall run with them better riding temperatures works out pretty good for most of us).

Also take a look at your front brake pads, if they are down below 1/4 you might pack a set in your saddle bags.  Brake pads are an easy change item should you need to, and most evenings are spent fiddling with the bikes anyway.

You see, you think your bike is right when you come out on these trips, but very quickly the mountain roads show you what needs some tweeking.   Your normal day to day doesn't stress your bike much, the mountain trips DO.  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #93 - 03/14/13 at 07:43:54

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/14/13 at 07:14:44:
They wants them snaggly teeth to look proper after all.

Now, now OF. I know for a fact that the tooth brush was actually invented in the mountains in Tennessee. It has to have been. If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the teeth brush.  Cool

I follow this thread with some interest with the idea I may want to join the ride in a year or two. I still consider myself a novice rider and have yet to do a group ride. I am smart enough to know the Dragon is not the place to learn! Y'all have fun and post some pictures.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 03/14/13 at 07:52:24

Blinky, we take a beginner or two just about every year.   We have always brought them back alive and kicking.

We do warp them some though, they go home to their local roads and do things with them local roads their riding buddies can't believe because they are so durn EASY you have to ride them hard just to get a ride in at all.  

Think of it as riding school fer the Savage.   Plus this ride we are not staying at the Dragon, we are staying on a nice calm rural road and touring out to here and there.   This one would be a good one for a newbie to go on.

Last year Dave was our new rider, on his brand new Savage.  You can ask him what it was like, he took to it like a fish to water.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #95 - 03/14/13 at 07:56:21

Blinky-FSO wrote on 03/14/13 at 07:43:54:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/14/13 at 07:14:44:
They wants them snaggly teeth to look proper after all.

Now, now OF. I know for a fact that the tooth brush was actually invented in the mountains in Tennessee. It has to have been. If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the teeth brush.  Cool

I follow this thread with some interest with the idea I may want to join the ride in a year or two. I still consider myself a novice rider and have yet to do a group ride. I am smart enough to know the Dragon is not the place to learn! Y'all have fun and post some pictures.

Good hunting

Blinky come on down,you'd be fine. As a rule I don't do "group rides" either but I plan on letting OF and the guys lead the way and I'll learn from them.

Which brings another question guys.....communications.....I have a FRS radio and my dual-band handheld ham radio. if any others have an FRS or ham radio we can link them and keep in touch if we get strung out too far.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #96 - 03/14/13 at 08:07:38

Mountains play hell with radio and cell phones, they just don't work in a lot of places.

MM does a lot of the ride planning, he passed out separate ride maps year before last but since he got a GPS on his handle bars we just keep up in sight of the rider in front of us.   Make you a point of carrying a NC state map, as sometimes you might could need it.

We string out in order of ride speed, so the slowest guy can generally see the one in front of him.   When we stop, the clot of bikes is right noticeable.

Now, there was one of us that used to get humorous sometimes and just take off and leave everybody behind.   He used to wait at the next intersection like a civilized person, then he got all funny minded and you'd see him go off fast, then he'd disappear and you wouldn't see him again, until you looked at the last guy in the run line and it was him, jest a sitting there grinning at you.

..... they wuz a talking about going back a ways and checking the shoulders for brake drag marks and the bushes for my corpse, they wuz

We only flat lost somebody once, and that was because we didn't count the riders before pulling out and left somebody sitting in the head.    We don't do that any more, we count the helmets before leaving.

« Last Edit: 03/14/13 at 09:49:29 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #97 - 03/14/13 at 08:12:39

Thank you for the invitation. It is very much appreciated.  But I will need to pass this year. My vacation schedule will not work out for June. But I may be able to do the trip to WD's place in September if the dates work out.

Thanks again

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #98 - 03/14/13 at 08:42:58

Mebbe never happens.

It is sad, but it is true.

What you need to do is say "Hell yes, I'm going to the WD trip!" and sign up for it now and take part in the date planning so you CAN go.

The WD trip date isn't set yet, it is still fluid so there IS NO EXCUSE for you not going as you get to help pick the date.

Schedule some off time with your boss and then suggest the silly dates -- that always works for some reason.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #99 - 03/17/13 at 07:40:23

Hi Fellers

I'll still here !   Just bussy all the time ....

Serenity if your still in I'll call and make sure we have a room .

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #100 - 03/17/13 at 08:23:14

Best dig out your contact card from last trip and give him a call.   Serenity reads this listing about 3 times per year, total.

Actually, he reminds me a bit of you in that aspect .....     Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #101 - 03/17/13 at 14:31:34

Actually, he reminds me a bit of you in that aspect .....

Ouch ! Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 03/17/13 at 15:07:25

MM,

You coming to WD's in the fall?   If so I claim tent space .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #103 - 03/18/13 at 21:39:48

Tent space, tent space , tent space !!!

Yea JD is only a few short hours west of me .     Be hard to mis that .
besides   ;   bike ridding and shooting at the same meet ... sounds to good to pass up ! Smiley   Might just have to pack my contender pistol and a brick of ammo.  Wink

ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #104 - 03/19/13 at 07:04:44

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna make it. Things are pretty slow at work, so getting time off isn't a problem. But if things get any slower, I'll be looking for work, so I can't commit to anything right now. If I'm able to make it, I'll bring my tent.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:31:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.