Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #75 - 01/29/13 at 20:59:27

We can do a full trip just hitting the best of the best of the best.

Plot it out best ya can , I'm with ya on it !    

If thats OK with the rest of ya'll ?
Smiley

« Last Edit: 01/31/13 at 07:48:31 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #76 - 02/03/13 at 06:34:34

One of the things I'd like to do is Hwy 80 from end to end ! Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #77 - 02/05/13 at 12:12:56

You are the man with the programmable route handlebar GPS device.   Wink

Just remember them gas stops at 80 miles and plan a place for a sit down lunch each day to provide a good mid-day break for us feeble old folks who have to sit down a spell to recover from them 4 hour stretches of hard riding.

======================

Finished my trailer -- it looks like it is a one bike trailer as it is a whole foot wider than the mirrors on my bike (ain't got no room for a second bike beside it, in other words)

« Last Edit: 02/12/13 at 19:07:46 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #78 - 02/27/13 at 07:07:46

oldfeller,
   I am a maybe at this time, waiting to see what my work schedule does and if I can get someone to make the trek with me.

Side Note: I really really want to go this year, I have never been on a bike and am would love to meet some of y'all in person.

newriverjunkie wrote on 01/20/13 at 16:45:14:
Looks good OF! I'm still debating if I want to trailer or just ride up there.  Thinking I'll just tackle the 278 miles with all my stuff strapped to the bike and just go...figure I can do it in about 3 stops (figuring 100 mile distance between fill-ups).  We shall see though.

Hey Newriver/Lancer,
  I am in Charleston maybe we could plan to make the trek as a team. I was even toying with the idea of of trailering the bike. thoughts?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #79 - 02/27/13 at 13:52:12

splash07 wrote on 02/27/13 at 07:07:46:
oldfeller,
   I am a maybe at this time, waiting to see what my work schedule does and if I can get someone to make the trek with me.

Side Note: I really really want to go this year, I have never been on a bike and am would love to meet some of y'all in person.

Looks good OF! I'm still debating if I want to trailer or just ride up there.  Thinking I'll just tackle the 278 miles with all my stuff strapped to the bike and just go...figure I can do it in about 3 stops (figuring 100 mile distance between fill-ups).  We shall see though.

Hey Newriver/Lancer,
  I am in Charleston maybe we could plan to make the trek as a team. I was even toying with the idea of of trailering the bike. thoughts?

Very sorry to say but I will be moving to Oklahoma in about 2 weeks so I will not make this ride.  The first time in 8 years I will miss the Dragon/Smokey Mountain Ride.    Sad

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #80 - 02/27/13 at 14:45:19

Yup, back when we started it was Toymaker, Lancer, Ed L and meself and we all had hair and it was all non-silver.

Been 7 good trips,  some were better than others but none that I would have missed.

They are good enough to buy me a trailer, by golly.

============

Here is where we stand right now -- if you are planning on coming and don't see yourself please do speak up.

============

THE TRIP:   Wednesday, June 12th arrival day at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cabins/Campground.  Leaving Sunday AM (Father's day)

OK, We got 6 people good for a Wednesday, June 12th afternoon arrival.  

Heated Cabin #1
Dave                             staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid
Oldfeller                        staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid

Heated Cabin #2
Diamond Jim                  staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block
open

Heated Cabin #3
Serenity                            staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block
MMRanch                         staying Weds-Friday
New River Junkie               picking up Saturday night, cabin stays full

Zar                                 bumming linoleum space Weds&Thurs
AlfromNewHampshire         thinking about it
BigZuk                                 thinking about it
Toymaker                           wistfully thinking about it

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #81 - 02/28/13 at 08:27:14

o
Hey Newriver/Lancer,

Splash I was just getting on here to update everyone that I am a maybe now.  I lost my job the beginning of the month so had to get a new one and don't knoww what my availability is going to be yet.  I am going to leave the weekend open and if I have to I'll just bring a tent.  I just wanted to tell y'all so you could take me oht of the cabin I was in.

Side note: Splash PM me your info so we can meet up some time.  This weekend is out because I have drill and as of right now my bike isn't running (waiting on jets from LABCER, should be here tomorrow).  But we'll get together and ride!

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #82 - 03/01/13 at 07:39:51

I'm still a maybe at this time. I've already made arraingments for the time off of work, but I'm checking to see if there is any interest in a family motorcycle trip in the northeast. I have two brothers as well as several nephews and friends the ride, so I'm trying to set up a long weekend or even a week long trip. But don't count me out yet. It's still a possibility. If I do make it there, I'd be okay with a bunk (if one is available), or my tent. Either way would be okay with me.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #83 - 03/01/13 at 07:51:13

LANCER wrote on 02/27/13 at 13:52:12:
oldfeller,

Hey Newriver/Lancer,

Very sorry to say but I will be moving to Oklahoma in about 2 weeks so I will not make this ride.  The first time in 8 years I will miss the Dragon/Smokey Mountain Ride.    Sad

Well that is the saddest thing ive ever heard. It was always comforting knowing you were just up the road should I ever need help with ole Bonnie Blue. I wish the best of luck on you and you will be missed here in SC.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #84 - 03/01/13 at 15:00:44

splash07 wrote on 03/01/13 at 07:51:13:
LANCER wrote on 02/27/13 at 13:52:12:
oldfeller,

Hey Newriver/Lancer,

Well that is the saddest thing ive ever heard. It was always comforting knowing you were just up the road should I ever need help with ole Bonnie Blue. I wish the best of luck on you and you will be missed here in SC.

Thanks, I appreciate the thought.

IP Logged
RAVAGE-SAVAGE
YaBB Newbies

"Twist a
Thumper
Trottle"

KY.
Reply #85 - 03/07/13 at 22:08:10

Getting my bike ready for the trek. Looking forward to ride, my brother and I.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #86 - 03/08/13 at 16:22:37

THE TRIP:   Wednesday, June 12th arrival day at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cabins/Campground.  Leaving Sunday AM (Father's day)

Heated Cabin #1

Heated Cabin #2
open

Heated Cabin #3
New River Junkie               possibly picking up Saturday night, cabin stays full

Ravage-Savage, when are you and your brother arriving and leaving?  Will you be tenting or taking a cabin?

« Last Edit: 03/12/13 at 11:30:21 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #87 - 03/10/13 at 08:35:46

OF with my new job I need to be put on the maybe list.  I'm not sure what my new availability is going to be.  If I can make it I'll just plan on bringing my tent or crashing. on a floor.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #88 - 03/13/13 at 08:15:00

Roll Call Time !!!      
grunt some to tell us you are still alive and planning on going

Well, it is time for you to go book your cabin.   If anyone wants to try to roll the date to a different weekend this is your last chance to try to do that.

Phone number is (828) 235-8350

Place is http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

When you book, mention the SuzukiSavage.com group and remember to get the trip dates right.

Cancellation policy for our group is this -- IF YOU CALL BY JUNE 1st YOU CAN CANCEL AT NO COST.  This is a good deal just for us because by June 1st we will have a long term forecast for the area and know if we are rained out or not.

Heated Cabin #1  
(Dave, we are booked already and are staying in #4 cabin which is the closest shot to the lounge area (midnight bathroom run)

Heated Cabin #2
open

Heated Cabin #3
New River Junkie               possibly picking up Saturday night, cabin stays full

Staying 3 up in a cabin -- is OK for our group.   We pay $45 a night plus tax and you can split it 3 ways if you want to.   Guy on the ground gets stepped on a lot, but hey, it is all part of the adventure.

Dave and I will hold our cabin at 2up so as to be able to take a straggler if one shows up unexpectedly.   If we can't fill up Diamond Jim's cabin at at least 2 up we'll take in Jim (and I will take a blanket and pillow over to the lounge area and sleep on a sofa)

« Last Edit: 03/13/13 at 09:56:29 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #89 - 03/13/13 at 18:47:17

OF I'm still holding out hope for "THE TRIP". A lot still depends on how the job goes but it is looking better. With June in the heat of the mower shop busy season we'll see.

If things go as planned maybe I can split the cabin with Jim for a night or two and help him offset the cost. I'll have the bedroll either way.

Which brings up another question....are the cabins "smoker friendly"? Not a big deal,I'm used to sitting on the back stoop,just curious as to what to plan for.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:22:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.