Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #45 - 01/15/13 at 09:09:26

On one of our trip we found a road that used a series of "S"s  to wind its way up a mountain face (must have been 8 or more switchbacks).   Then turned to gravel and wound its way down the other side.   It seems like the local guy we met there mentioned the back side getting paved but didn't know when.     Question is :    Anybody remember where about it was/is  ?  Huh

It seem like somebody tried to slide off the back-side(gravel) of it a couple of time on the way down  ...  Smiley    .   Who was that ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #46 - 01/15/13 at 15:46:50

I got all the way over to the edge of the danger side gravel once, but Lancer made it past the gravel and was dancing on the grass edge of disaster running right in front of me so I could watch him just barely avoid going over the edge.

This ride was NOT a place to take a 600 pound Kawachunkie ....  nor a novice rider.   But that was true of a lot of the shite we did on that particular trip.  

It was just Lancer Oldfeller and MMRanch off on a tear.

On the same paved section of that same ride I got pelted in the face with a solid stream of grass thrown up by a guy cutting his lawn, while I was full leaned over in a turn no less.

That wuz fun too ....   the little black line rides were always more fun than the big rides.

We can find the road the same way Lancer found it, look on the topographical map in the lounge area and spot the little black thread that is going over the very peak of the tallest mountain ....

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #47 - 01/16/13 at 02:33:45

She Who Must Be Obeyed has given her blessing for me to run down for a couple of days

Alternate rendering .... "WIFE, whom I love with all of my heart and soul, you deserve a break from me so I am going to remove myself to the mountains so you can spend a few days doing whatever it is you desire, and here is some money to pamper yourself with."  Then seal it with a KISS.   Wink

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #48 - 01/16/13 at 08:53:54

I'm breaking down boys, I've just ordered a trailer hitch arrangement for my larger car.

Then I'll buy a used bike trailer or get a Harbor Freight $149 kit.

I then will be good to go for some longer trips, arriving all fresh and pookie in AC'd comfort.

I'm getting old, I guess.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #49 - 01/16/13 at 17:58:53

LANCER wrote on 01/16/13 at 02:33:45:
She Who Must Be Obeyed has given her blessing for me to run down for a couple of days

Alternate rendering .... "WIFE, whom I love with all of my heart and soul, you deserve a break from me so I am going to remove myself to the mountains so you can spend a few days doing whatever it is you desire, and here is some money to pamper yourself with."  Then seal it with a KISS.   Wink

Ah yes Lancer. I see you are fluent in matrimonial discourse also Grin!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #50 - 01/16/13 at 21:15:25

ZAR

I know where there might be some floor space for a sleeping bag Wensday and Thursday if need be.  Wink

OldFeller
One of my brothers bought one of those "Trailer Kits (4x8) 12inch tires" about 15years ago and its been used a lot but still works just fine.    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #51 - 01/17/13 at 02:37:38

MMRanch wrote on 01/16/13 at 21:15:25:
ZAR

I know where there might be some floor space for a sleeping bag Wensday and Thursday if need be.  Wink

OldFeller
One of my brothers bought one of those "Trailer Kits (4x8) 12inch tires" about 15years ago and its been used a lot but still works just fine.    Smiley

I used one for 20 years; cross country and loaded down big time; pulled great at highway speeds; just 1 change of wheels/tires during all that time;  loved it.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #52 - 01/17/13 at 07:05:39

MMRanch wrote on 01/16/13 at 21:15:25:
ZAR

OldFeller

Thanks MM!  With the changes going on at the shop life is on hold right now. Hopefully they will get things lined out way before June but small businesses everywhere seem to be in the "Twylight Zone"  Undecided

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #53 - 01/20/13 at 15:14:35

Well, as I post tonight I am sitting here digging them tiny irritating  little steel drilling slivers out of my hands ....

My Acura TL has a hitch bar installed on it now.

2 big boxes are sitting in the garage right now with my trailer in them, awaiting arrival of the title by mail before I open up the boxes to begin assembly.

Scroll down, the silly picture is detailed and immense ....

I upgraded on the trailer to the longer larger wheel model (no speed upper end, the tires are rated for 94+mph) that can be folded and stored upright in the garage.   Using the 20% coupon put the cost down to $223 which is better than a trailer that is too small and can't be towed fast enough legally (up in Tennessee, they stop you and check your trailer tire ratings, etc).

It will still be a small trailer.  Question is should I plan the holes to put two bike rails on it?

Cheesy

You Charlotte RYCA guys could catch a lift you know, arrival and departure could be wrist and leg agony free for you if you speak up soon.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #54 - 01/20/13 at 16:45:14

Looks good OF! I'm still debating if I want to trailer or just ride up there.  Thinking I'll just tackle the 278 miles with all my stuff strapped to the bike and just go...figure I can do it in about 3 stops (figuring 100 mile distance between fill-ups).  We shall see though.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #55 - 01/20/13 at 18:17:06

newriverjunkie wrote on 01/20/13 at 16:45:14:
Looks good OF! I'm still debating if I want to trailer or just ride up there.  Thinking I'll just tackle the 278 miles with all my stuff strapped to the bike and just go...figure I can do it in about 3 stops (figuring 100 mile distance between fill-ups).  We shall see though.

junkie that's my plan for the trip down from northern Kentucky if things work out for me. Of course it may take me a whole day to make the 280+ miles. My fuel/rest stops can get kind of long Shocked  Embarrassed .

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #56 - 01/20/13 at 18:19:57

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/20/13 at 15:14:35:

Well, as I post tonight I am sitting here digging them tiny irritating  little steel drilling slivers out of my hands ....

My Acura TL has a hitch bar installed on it now.

2 big boxes are sitting in the garage right now with my trailer in them, awaiting arrival of the title by mail before I open up the boxes to begin assembly.

Scroll down, the silly picture is detailed and immense ....

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab3352...

I upgraded on the trailer to the longer larger wheel model (no speed upper end, the tires are rated for 94+mph) that can be folded and stored upright in the garage.   Using the 20% coupon put the cost down to $223 which is better than a trailer that is too small and can't be towed fast enough legally (up in Tennessee, they stop you and check your trailer tire ratings, etc).

It will still be a small trailer.  Question is should I plan the holes to put two bike rails on it?

Cheesy

You Charlotte RYCA guys could catch a lift you know, arrival and departure could be wrist and leg agony free for you if you speak up soon.

OF it looks good! With the stake pockets I can picture some plywood,a few 2x4's and a blue tarp.............  Huh ............ hillbilly travel trailer  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #57 - 01/20/13 at 20:18:05

OldFeller

Put three Rails on it , so you can hall  (1) or (2) bikes  Smiley

Nice looking Trailer

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #58 - 01/20/13 at 22:23:43

MMRanch wrote on 01/20/13 at 20:18:05:

OldFeller

Put three Rails on it , so you can hall  (1) or (2) bikes  Smiley

Nice looking Trailer

+1  (or 3)   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
rfbznb

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

laurel lake, nj
Reply #59 - 01/26/13 at 01:04:39

has anyone been to the Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ down there
the wife and me might be going down there 6/11 to 6/16

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:26:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.