Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #255 - 06/11/13 at 15:37:15

Well, we have 3 out on the road now.

I'm at work now, I'll leave in the morning early so I may well be the last one to arrive.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #256 - 06/11/13 at 16:53:40

Back from eating, outback ribeye... had to fuel up for the weekend... never know if we'll be out in the hills, lost and eatin' pinecones. So I added a few pounds and so did Kev.
Bike is still chattering, either rockers or maybe a bushing or something, you should hear me coming tommorrow...bout a mile away.
Although there were a couple times after riding about 62-64 mph were it just seemed like I hit a "zone" and didn't really hear anything except the thrum of the engine and felt the vibes of the road (well that and the pain in my azz and elbow that never went away totally), it was great feeling and I couldn't help but smile...really big Grin
We stared out in the fog of the morning, cool to hot to cool and back to hot, fogged up my glasses and sometimes the fog got so thick we had to slow to about 45mph for fear of rearending someone. Couldn't see behind because the mirrors fogged too, was like that for about 3hrs till the sun finally burned the fog up.
Anyway we made it to Atlanta and it only took us 9 hours...ok, I complained alot, and stopped for gas every 90 miles to be safe. Put in about 1.7 gal. per 90 miles so i'm figuring 52-ish mpg? and at 2.9ish gal I guess I really could push 140 miles per tank if I needed to I suppose.
Loggin off, gonna do some other surfin' and get showered and slept up till the mornin', I don't know when we will leave, got plenty of time to get there.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #257 - 06/11/13 at 18:39:44

See, he is going to be a very good chronicler.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #258 - 06/11/13 at 18:57:59

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/11/13 at 18:39:44:
See, he is going to be a very good chronicler.

Shore 'nuff Cool

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #259 - 06/12/13 at 12:44:22

Lancer couldn't stand it, he was waiting for us at the unloading ramp when we got to the Blue Ridge Campground.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #260 - 06/12/13 at 14:06:19

I was sworn to secrecy I tell ya!  My roomy is Lancer not my bud Kev. Well I got here last, because, well, let's say this, I'm the first blood sacrifice! Yup, an hour out I pulled into a parking lot to call the wife (she buzzed me), and as I turned in I hit a patch of loose gravel, down I went!
Almost immediately gas started draining from the cap onto the ground. I had hit the kill switch on the way down, but being excited I thought there might be a fire if it got on the pipe, so I tried snatching it up, ya know,clean and jerk.
Well I ended up popping something in my lower back, know I'm gonna change my name to old stupid rider. Angry

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #261 - 06/12/13 at 14:09:10

I will update the first day when the camp owner gets back and I can get internet on my laptop, for some reason myaptop won't connect but my wifi phone will.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #262 - 06/12/13 at 16:03:03

I was hoping I would be able to ride up Friday and maybe meet yall for lunch or something and say hi to everyone.  But, it didn't work out.  Too many commitments around here.

I hope you all have a great time.  Smiley

Pics

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #263 - 06/12/13 at 18:39:52

Well we are all settled in and livin' the mountain man's life...well thats if he had 'lectricity and runnin' water, we are high faluttin' mountain men!

Havin' a good time so far... Lancers wakin' up road kill with his loud pipes and Dave is lookin' like a youngin' on his racer...and Old Feller, well... if he would bring it outta light speed once in a while we could see him. And when we do see him he's a flappin' his wings and trying to make that savage of his fly! I just keep hearin' that song "I believe I can fly"...everytime he does it.
So far they have held me down to the local roads so's my back can start feeling better from goofin' it up this mornin'. Hope it feels better tommorrow so we can head out and get in a full day of riding. Here is a link to my photo bucket 2013 NC savage album.

http://s1047.photobucket.com/user/Orphistle/library/#/user/Orphistle/library/...

Old-rider signin' out fer the evenin'......

« Last Edit: 06/14/13 at 08:47:37 by old_rider »  

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #264 - 06/13/13 at 18:26:56

Day 2 was almost as fun as my trip up here....LOL... almost.
I got up at O' dark thirty to go make the coffee so's the older members wouldn't have to wait for it to brew...then had to log on so I could fill them in on any important news.
After they got up they decided to yak fer a bit while I was sweeping out the cabin...oh the joy's of the new guy Sad
Out we went for breakfast a short trip, well semi-short trip to find walmart and a breakfast place nearby, well after only 2 wrong turns we found one. Food was good, bellies full and sunshiny day...lets go!
We headed out after lookin' at a map and took a long fast....did I say fast? cars were blurrin' buy and I could only manage warp 2 to OF's 5 or 6, the interstate was great to us, we hit our turn-off and off....road we went.
Did I say off road? well after about 20min of blacktop we were climbin' hills that donkey carts could climb (or a good four wheel drive vehicle).
About 25 minutes into the hairy-hair pins and loop-back gravel deathtrap we decided that google didn't know what a blacktop was and turned back around and headed downslope, yeah...dave didn't have to even turn his racer on but once, he coasted.
Well we got back on the road and hit up the wheels of time museum only to find out that there was a can-am convention on that side of the mountain....holly hanna's...literally thousands of them!
After spendin' about an hour at the museum we decided to split.... Lancer headed back and OF, OR and Dave decided to hit the dragon and loop back around.
Yeah we did a loop alright, loopdy lue and a thunderstorm or two! We spent most of the rest of the day dodging raindrops and getting soaked, while Lancer hit wally world and got a smidge wet, the terrible three were soaked to the bone! I've still got cold feet!
After we returned home in the third downpoor of the day, it stopped rainin' yeah Stopped! So we dried out did some laundry, Dave washed his bike (yeah even after all the water that soaked us he washes it) and guess who shows???  MMR!!! yeah buddy! and now there are 5! The fearless five! ok... fearless four...i'm still a little timmid  Huh
Anyway I didn't spell check or anythin so i'm done for the day...

Old_Rider out!

P.S. I hope this link works
http://s1047.photobucket.com/user/Orphistle/library/2013%20Savage%20Trip?view...

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #265 - 06/14/13 at 15:51:44

Day 3 we went to Mount Mitchell area and Marion.  Rode highway 80 from beginning to end no wrecks no blood no problems.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #266 - 06/14/13 at 20:44:47

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/14/13 at 15:51:44:
Day 3 we went to Mount Mitchell area and Marion.  Rode highway 80 from beginning to end no wrecks no blood no problems.

Musta wore OR out though....seeing as how yer doing the reportin tonite  Undecided

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #267 - 06/15/13 at 11:41:00

ZAR wrote on 06/14/13 at 20:44:47:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/14/13 at 15:51:44:

Musta wore OR out though....seeing as how yer doing the reportin tonite  Undecided

Yeah mountainous terrain got to my already bad back....had to bow out for the day, infact I am now at a hotel north of atlanta, my back could not handle chasin' down those porkchops on the dragon, OF said he would eat me some. Lancer and me called it quits this morning and took off for home, next time I will most likely trailer what ever bike I bring and make it easier on me and my back LOL.......
I enjoyed every minute of the riding, seems like even tho my back was hurting just getting on the bike is theraputic, I even stopped at walmart and got me a backbrace and heating pad for tonight, so I can take the long ride tommorrow (8hrs). If I don't feel like I can make the whole 8hrs I will stop somewhere again....maybe i'll visit an old Air Force buddy in pelham, al. and stay the night.
It was an honor to meet the fella's that I just see in words, so much more to them in person. Thanks again for a good time guys....next time I will be fit enough to ride more than I did this time. Embarrassed

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #268 - 06/15/13 at 15:35:49

....next time I will be fit enough to ride more than I did this time

Ya know we gona "Hold Ya To It "

Better show up on something either too Big for OldFeller to eat or too Fast for him to catch-it !

I had a rather uneventfull trip home (300 miles/7hours).    The bike rally was still going on when I got to town !   That was a nice supprise.  The races start in an hour and a half so I'm off to the shower and on to the races I hope .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #269 - 06/15/13 at 18:09:04

Best bring something bigger than a 1200 CC Sportster and faster than a Ducati.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:23:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.