Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #240 - 06/09/13 at 05:40:49

Quote:
Lancer.....We are sure gonna miss you this year.  Whose gonna keep us all in good behavior?

Thank you.
I started missing the mountain air months ago.
Keeping in good behavior ? ? ?
While riding in the mountains ?
With a bunch of unruly characters ? ?
That's an impossible task.   Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #241 - 06/09/13 at 06:20:51

Take cheer, Lancer.    We rode together as fast and as far and for as long as we could up in them thar purty mountains.  

And we will get to see you in the fall for the fall scoot & shoot at WD's place so we won't forget what you look like.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #242 - 06/09/13 at 07:30:52

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/09/13 at 06:20:51:
Take cheer, Lancer.    We rode together as fast and as far and for as long as we could up in them thar purty mountains.  

And we will get to see you in the fall for the fall scoot & shoot at WD's place so we won't forget what you look like.

Looking forward to WD's, but still miss the mountains; this is the 9th year ...yes ? ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #243 - 06/09/13 at 14:36:34

Something like that.  I generally just count up the various trips because we generally had something going both summer and fall for the past 3 years.

Counting trips, we are well over 12 trips now.   The small ones were the best, imho, with you me and MM jest a going up & doing it.

My mother in law had a birthday party this past Saturday and she insisted everybody watch "The Carolina Traveller goes to the Dragon" that she had taped, a 10 minute episode about Deals Gap and how dangerous it was.   Did you know that over 50 non-fatal injuries take place in each of the summer months, with an average of a fatality a month and it is the rated most dangerous road in the lower 48 states?

BAD IDEA, that -- all the old hens started clucking about how I was going to get hurt going up there with all those hundreds of crazy motorcycle people.   I set them straight on that topic, I was the one that the "they" needed to be afraid of, not the other way around.

My daughter got it and gave me the quiet grin, my wife has always known it but she didn't like me saying it out loud in front of the hens.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #244 - 06/10/13 at 08:44:40

Fellers

I'm going to have to wait till Thursday to ride ya'lls direction  Sad , Things worked out for me to go pick up a Second bike Tuesday  Tongue  but its a 16 hour  ride to  go-get-it Sad .   So I'll need a day of rest inbetween trips.  

So as of now I can leave Thursday and be there for a Friday ride , then back home on Saturday.   (Think I'll bring the Monkey-Butt Powder this time ) ... Embarrassed

Summer_2012__S40.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #245 - 06/10/13 at 10:02:47

MMRanch wrote on 06/10/13 at 08:44:40:
Think I'll bring the Monkey-Butt Powder this time ) ... Embarrassed

What's a matter MM......The black leather chaps start "chapping" about the 16th hour?

Might be a bit of a coordinating nightmare....but maybe we could meet you somewhere and ride you in.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #246 - 06/10/13 at 10:34:08

Tell us all about the brand new scooter ...... because we know when you get it home you are gonna be fiddlin' with it instead of riding all the way across Tennesse twice to get in a single day's ride.

We knows you, we do .....

Wink

Oldrider, you DO need to pack that tent now.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #247 - 06/10/13 at 14:15:10

I do, its a small hex tent two person...not much on space but at least two folks can lay down in it....however two folks + gear might be a tight fit.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #248 - 06/10/13 at 18:22:20

Well  

Ya'll remember the  04, 1200 Sportster .   This one is the fuel injected 883 version (07).
Sundowner seat
Case guard
Foward controls
Mag wheels
Factory soft bags
Polished case version (not black or brushed)
Tank Bib
4.5 gal tank
and    
only 7K miles

The only things left to add is a luggage rack , rear trunk , and a windshield.    Cheesy    mabby ???  Wink

And the bib almost covers the Harley name !

883_harley_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #249 - 06/11/13 at 05:11:56

UPDATE:

I have had 2 incredeibly busy days at work......a Council meeting last night and I will have a very intense Planning and Zoning meeting tonight.  I was able to get the bike loaded up and get all my things gathered together last night after I got home from the meeting.  This afternoon I will go home and attach the trailer and load everything up, and start my drive right after the meeting.  I should be able to get 2-3 hours of driving in tonight.  I can sleep in my trailer with my bike and start out again tomorrow morning.  I should have no trouble making the 1:00 arrival time.  I will be so keyed up after this Planning Meeting I won't be able to go to sleep for a while anyhow.....I might as well be driving.

I imagine I will be "offline" sometime around 3 this afternoon.  See you all soon.  This is what my rig looks like.....if you see me running around lost you can flag me down!

IMG_0232.JPG

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #250 - 06/11/13 at 05:25:24

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/canton-nc/28716/june-weather/12122_pc?monyr=...

Wow, looks like you have a plan.   Just tell them you are the early arriver for Cabin #4 and I will call them to tell them to give you the keys so you can unpack & set up when you arrive.   I want the left hand bunk (my roll out of bed routine only works on the LH bunk) otherwise I am working towards by bad side and it is sort funny to watch me try to get up .....

Crip old man means exactly that you know -- about half my joints have gotten sorry now.

Good, that means you will be there early so we can help each other get the bikes off (de-trailering is where more of the stupid bike boo-boos happen, did you know that little factoid?)

See you tomorrow -- we is gonna have us some fun.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #251 - 06/11/13 at 07:11:26

I called them, they said OK, no problem.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #252 - 06/11/13 at 08:12:03

What trailer is that dave?

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #253 - 06/11/13 at 08:20:27

verslagen1 wrote on 06/11/13 at 08:12:03:
What trailer is that dave?

The trailer is made by Homesteader and is a Challenger model.  It is 48" tall, 40" wide and 8' long inside.  I bought it used from a fellow that used it to haul show rabbits all over the country.  He installed the windows so he could keep the rabbits cool.  It was funny as everytime he got a trophy showing his rabbits he would put a little bunny sticker on the side of the trailer.....It looked like I had hundreds of "bunny kills" when I bought the trailer.  I took the spring axle off and put a rubber torsion axle on it so I could lower the trailer to work well with the Vibe.  It is a great trailer and tows well behind the Vibe....my mileage drops from 32mpg to about 25 when I tow.

http://homesteadertrailer.info/challenger-enclosed-cargo-trailers/

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #254 - 06/11/13 at 12:43:11

Made it to suwanne ga. at the comfort suites, yeah we are ruffin' it the first night. Gonna to hit a restaurant fer some early dinner. Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:17:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.