Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #225 - 06/07/13 at 04:46:09

Looks like you have everything + some more !   Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #226 - 06/07/13 at 05:25:09

Old_Rider:

Yikes......we got the Ying/Yang pair of motorycles on the trip.  You got everything on your bike, you are riding to and from the trip, and you are completely packed and ready to go.

Me.....I have stripped everything off my bike, I am trailering to the trip, and I have not even started to think about packing.......

Regardless......We both got everything we need to have a great time!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #227 - 06/07/13 at 07:19:13

All the bags can be removed in a couple of minutes, only thing left would be the piece of plywood I added to the rack to support the bag in the back. And your right, i've actually got too much room, i'm not packing any foodstuffs or cooking implements since there will be a snack area and food services. I am bringing a collapsable chair even though I probably don't need too, i'm also bringing my laptop so I can download videos and photos to it for saving at the end of the day, I usually bring my kindle fire cause its smaller and I can still get internet access if I needed it.
I've been jonesing to get out of the house for awhile and just "ride" to be riding.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #228 - 06/07/13 at 08:36:01

Let's see, since I am in a car and have "unlimited space" I am bringing two lawn chairs, a tool box, a pillow, a light blanket, a coat, riding gloves, a val-pack of toiletries, a long sleeve shirt, some pants, short sleeve shirts, a bathing suit, underwear, socks.

.... and I always take my spare gasoline bottle and my road rash kit.

We always eat out and we don't carry much with us other than a cell phone and a wallet when we are out on the road.

Smiley

Did I mention that we tend to roam wide and far and fast and free?    

That we always carry the bathing suit with us on the bike (along with some spare underwear) as the only time we would actually dare to go swimming is if the nubile young girls are doing the mountain siren thing off in the too too cold mountain burbling brook and such like irresistible nonsense?

Do bring a suit though, as we can never tell when the urge to get into a big round rubber boat and get our old bodies all beat up again might overcome our God given common sense ....

Never been zip lining yet either.      Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #229 - 06/07/13 at 13:10:26

LOL, its aleady packed, just in case I wanna jump in the nearby creek.... along with my khaki shorts and flip flops. I'm getting together a small toolkit tonight, last thing on my list. I'm even bringing my hand cranking emergency siren/light/compass/flasher/am/fm radio thingie, in case I break down and need to listen to local music radio while waiting for help to arrive.
Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #230 - 06/07/13 at 14:12:01

old-rider:

We kinda got this unrwritten rule that a Savage rider should plan on stopping for gas every 100 miles to avoid hitting reserve in the middle of nowhere.

I am thinking........you better start looking for gas every 80 miles! Grin

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #231 - 06/07/13 at 14:19:25

ROFL! yeah... I kinda got a "wind sail drag factor" going on, but I think i'll get average mpg cause I only weigh in about 150lbs, my gear probably wieghs 40-55ish lbs. Gonna take an hour and a half ride on sat. to fine tune the wieght ratio and make sure it can do a little interstate, it cruises right nicely at about 65mph.
Still not sure if I wanna wear my modular or just stick with my half helmet and a mask and ear plugs, we shall see.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #232 - 06/08/13 at 05:30:37

There's no denying that a full/modular has more protection but I sure like riding with a 3/4 & movable shield so I can feel and smell the wind in the cool mountain air.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #233 - 06/08/13 at 05:47:57

LANCER wrote on 06/08/13 at 05:30:37:
There's no denying that a full/modular has more protection but I sure like riding with a 3/4 & movable shield so I can feel and smell the wind in the cool mountain air.

Lancer.....We are sure gonna miss you this year.  Whose gonna keep us all in good behavior?

I saw this helmet on the US129 website.  Kinda cool!

1-12d.jpg

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #234 - 06/08/13 at 06:03:45

Lacking both Lancer and Toymaker to help moderate the excesses of the group (snicker snicker) I guess the mountain moderation duty falls on .....

Sir Dave the Moderate

I am no longer moderate as such (simply crip & old now).   And on mountain trips I have never been known much for moderate.

So, we put Dave out front on his RYCA and I'll follow along somewhere behind him, gently encouraging him some.

So, we got Old-rider to be our daily chronicler and picture taker reporting back to the list, MM to be trip planner and Dave to be pack leader of the riding string in the curvies.   MM and I are the mountain trip old timers, so we will just crack jokes all the time and enjoy ourselves.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #235 - 06/08/13 at 06:10:59

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/canton-nc/28716/june-weather/12122_pc?monyr=...

This is now your "fairly" accuweather forecast, being only 4 days out and all.

Thursday is still the booger day, with a 60% chance of an occasional thunderstorm happening abruptly -- dropping 0.2 inches of rain where/whenever it hits (a real thunderstorm in other words).

MM, you need to be close to civilization, close enough to find us a eatery fairly quick like in the afternoon time as we will need a place to hide out if old thunderclap starts to chasing us again .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #236 - 06/08/13 at 06:21:15

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/08/13 at 06:03:45:

Lacking both Lancer and Toymaker to help moderate the excesses of the group (snicker snicker) I guess the mountain moderation duty falls on .....

Sir Dave the Moderate

So, we put Dave out front on his RYCA and I'll follow along somewhere behind him, gently encouraging him some.

I am not much on leading.....I am too easy lost on those roads.  Last year I just kept BigZuk and MMRanch in sight.....and motored along behind without worrying about where we were.....or where we were headed.  Like being a Kid again........"Are we there yet?"

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #237 - 06/08/13 at 08:23:57

LOL OF! ok, i'll try, but sometimes Its hard for me to remember what I had for breakfast the same day at dinner time! Sounds like fun, I have two of three ways to capture footage, but alas I still don't have editing software to scrunch video down into uploadable bits or cut it up into sizes that I can upload...still experimenting with that and hope I can find a way. Maybe ya'll have a way, so I'll just capture and someone can edit.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #238 - 06/08/13 at 15:06:32

Just take a lot of digital pictures and make up a lot of stuff about what pics turns out good.    Video footage takes a lot of memory space and we never have anything good show up on video (that we are willing to talk about anyway).

We got wives you see, and if they knew what we really did we'd all be like Toymaker, forbidden to come back next year by wifely decree.

Nobody believes what we do on these trips anyway ....       Cool

We have told sooooo many tall tales about running Hurleys off both sides of the road (two at the same time no less) that the only folks who believe anything about these mountain trips are the ones that actually go on them.

That's why we always have the new person to be the chronicler, to him it is all fresh and new and folks think he MIGHT be telling the truth, mostly.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #239 - 06/08/13 at 15:13:55

Dave, if you think you have gotten us lost then you are in good company.   Just ask MM where to go and he'll finish whatever you got started, getting us lost-wise.

Me, I just wait for all you guys at the next intersection.   My life is very simple, really.   GO !!!  weeeee   ....... stop.    GO !!!  weeeee  ....... stop.  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:19:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.