Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Send Topic Print
2013 Dragon Run (early summer) (Read 3578 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)
Reply #135 - 04/14/13 at 17:24:31

We are less than 1 1/2 months out and are refining our plans to the real level -- if you are planning on coming and don't see yourself please do speak up right away.    

============

THE TRIP:   Wednesday, June 12th arrival day at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cabins/Campground.  Leaving Sunday AM (Father's day)

OK, We got 4 people good for a Wednesday, June 12th afternoon arrival.  We got two coming "as they are able to come".   We have confirmed rental of one cabin and one tent at this time.   We have a second cabin in the works but the cabin is not actually reserved yet.

Heated Cabin #1
Dave                          staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid
Oldfeller                        staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid

Heated Cabin #2
Zar                               staying Weds-Friday
MMRanch                   staying Weds-Friday

2 man Tent #1
New River Junkie             possibly/mebbe staying Saturday night
Serenity                         staying one night, variable date

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #136 - 04/15/13 at 09:07:16

I'm still plannin' on going last week of this month or 1st week of may...if any of you all live in the area and want to suck down a brew or somethin'. Talked to a buddy of mine he wants to take his suzuki marauder (circa 1980 or 90 something), but he snores like a ol' lumberjack suped up chainsaw! LOL, anyway he can't afford a room so i'm going to try to get one in robbinsville and ride 129 from south to north for a day at the dragon and then maybe ride a few local other roads on day two and head back on day 3. I should have a set in schedule by this friday, he wants to wait till taxes come back in a week or two...LOL prolly take a month.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #137 - 04/18/13 at 08:44:03

My bud backed out (getting a different job) so i'm headed up there myself at the end of the month. Leaving thur. 25 gonna ride the dragon on fri. if it isn't raining, saturday just goofin' off and ride a few places, sunday try more places i've never been, to find spots to take the wife to when we ride up here together, then back home on monday.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #138 - 04/18/13 at 09:25:14

old-rider,

Actually, riding up in the mountains by yourself for a day or so can be sorta peaceful.   No rush & no fuss ....  

..... downside is if you take a spill you gotta doctor yourself and with any major hurts that is durn near impossible.

Still, I like company too and a small trip like we are having this time sorta combines the best of both worlds to me.

Why don't you just plan to go with us since your buddy dropped out on you -- you can have some company that way.

=============

Zar, Dave and I are supposed to be staying in Cabin #4 which is closest to the lounge area.  When you reserve, you can try to get #5 or #6 so we will be close at hand.  

There are some picnic tables (you go steal one and move it to be nearby your cabin) and every cabin has a fire pit.   I will bring a couple of lawn chairs, everyone else who is driving needs to bring a couple of something to sit on so we have enough chairs.

We will likely eat breakfast there at the camp ground (need coffee, you know) and will eat lunch/dinner out on the road.

One of the charms of the place that MMRanch loves is walking around talking to all the riders from all over the US and Canada that show up at the place.   Them crazy drunk braggin' dragon dudes are sorta shallow and egotistical compared to the cruiser/touring folks who frequent this place.   Blue Ridge has the much better conversation potential to be sure.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #139 - 04/18/13 at 18:06:47

Sounds really good OF but..... on may 1st I have a PET scan and if it goes sour I won't be able to make any trips after this one cause i'll have to start radiation and chemo again. Doc told me not to get too optomistic cause my cancer has "unknown origins". Anyway, i'm hitting the road while I can, and there should be lots of folks on the dragon next weekend so i'll have plenty of folks who "could" stop and assist.
If all goes well, I might still be able to make a second trip, but i'll probably just bring a pup tent since it will be warmer in june/july, as it is i'm still not working and spend most days at home to save up a little moola's to make trips on.
I'd really like to hang with a bunch of fellas what like to sit around the fire and bull after a long day of riding the twisties and seeing the sights, and maybe i'll get that opportunity.
Got the ninja ready to go already

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #140 - 04/18/13 at 18:33:43

Pretty bike, looks very mil-spec.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #141 - 04/18/13 at 18:42:55

Dragons......Ninjas........Why do I get the feeling something mysterious is about to happen? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #142 - 04/18/13 at 18:43:30

If I get the harley sold I might buy me a savage, but i'll have to have forward controls...LOL.. road the wifes day before yesterday for 2hrs and was hurtin', kinda hunched up position, like sitting in on a bar stool. Fits the wife perfect, but i'd have to stretch out a bit.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #143 - 04/18/13 at 18:47:23

Dave wrote on 04/18/13 at 18:42:55:
Dragons......Ninjas........Why do I get the feeling something mysterious is about to happen? Huh

Had tried to get the ninja forums on fire with "The 300 take on the dragon". Was trying to get 300 ninja 300 riders to show...didn't take off..too many folks have other things to do... so i'm just gonna sneak up on the dragon ninja style and slay it myself!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #144 - 04/19/13 at 11:06:14

Got another of my friends says he wants to go, we are setting up the finals on tues. at breakfast and leaving thur. morning at 7am. Got the reservations all set, picking out my tool kit/w can of goop, and an air compressor. LOL, this time I'm going to write down phone numbers in case i missplace my phone!
Going to be a leasurely paced ride, going to take all day for an 8 hour ride there, taking numerous breaks. Once we get there we will have 3 days just to tool around and enjoy the sites.... he has some friends in knoxville, so we will head that way on sat or sunday and visit for a few as its only 1.4hrs away from the hotel.
I here there are some places in gatlenburg to see also, we might do that

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #145 - 04/23/13 at 05:56:18

Whew! I've had too many projects going for several months. My bike is still "in process" of re-assembly so it's one of my projects. I poured a garage slab at our mountain property and plan to frame it in May. And we're getting our current house ready to put on the market. So I'll just have to see what works out for the June Dragon trip.

While my bike has been down I got a custom fade paint job done on the tins, so I'm looking forward to riding my "new" bike when I'm done with "some assembly required."

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #146 - 04/28/13 at 14:00:42

Had a blast on friday the 26th, but rained out my weekend, wife says I might be able to come up on her bike in june...lol... I love my partner, she's the best! We shall see what happens, i'll put away some of the saved up cash and see if I can add to the stash. Going to see if I can borrow some camping equip. from friends or find some cheap. Anyone ever use one of those hammocks that have netting and tent top attached?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #147 - 04/28/13 at 21:34:34

old-rider,

We are any bike friendly, we have ridden with Ninjas 250s before and they kept up just fine (better than some of us did, actually).   Light and agile bikes do better in the mountain twisties compared to the midsized or larger cruisers.

It pays big convenience dividends to rent a half or a third of a cabin as you don't have to ride in on a bike covered with camping stuff.  Since we are bringing a tent already, you might not have to.

Cost per day per cabin is $45 and we plan them out at 2 people per cabin knowing full well we can stick a third in there on the floor on an air mattress as we have done it before (and are precleared as a group to do so again)

Half cabins cost $23 and thirds on a cabin cost $15.   Camping in a tent costs the same as a third of a cabin.

So, plan to come, read this thread and PM the cabin owners on sharing a cabin with them.   Post what days you are coming and what arrangements you make and we will include it in the posted roll call roll ups.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #148 - 04/28/13 at 21:47:52

Well, we are a month and a week out -- so it is time for an update.

Dave is making better progress than anticipated on his Ryca, so his likelyhood of bringing it for Beta Testing on version 1.0 keeps going up and up.   Remember to be kind to him, he has exhibited the guts to actually BRING a Ryca to the mountains so he gets a pass on all discoveries he makes in doing this.   Of the group of us he is "young" and very fit and trim, so if anyone can do it, Dave can.

Serenity is trying to come, but he has lots of stuff going on and is honest that he might not make it.

Old-rider is gonna be posting and PMing and he will likely make it.  Him and somebody else could take yet another cabin (if available).    

Another option is MM's tent, which is planned to be in use Saturday, but will be there available on Wednesday -- Saturday

========

We are less than 1 1/2 months out and are refining our plans to the real level -- if you are planning on coming and don't see yourself please do speak up right away.    

============

THE TRIP:   Wednesday, June 12th arrival day at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cabins/Campground.  Leaving Sunday AM (Father's day)

OK, We got 4 people good for a Wednesday, June 12th afternoon arrival.  We got three coming "as they are able to come".   We have confirmed rental of one cabin and one tent at this time.   We have a second cabin in the works but the cabin is not actually reserved yet.

Heated Cabin #1
Dave                          staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid
Oldfeller                        staying Weds-Friday/Saturday block,  prepaid

Heated Cabin #2
Zar                               staying Weds-Friday
MMRanch                   staying Weds-Friday    .....   cabin reserved ???

2 man Tent #1
New River Junkie             possibly/mebbe staying Saturday night
Serenity                         staying one night, variable date
old-rider                           tent shows up with MM on Weds -- will be filled only on  Saturday

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #149 - 04/28/13 at 22:06:12

ZAR

I haven't reserved a cabin ,  my big plan is to bring a tent for sure and split a cabin if 1/2 of one is open !    Fact is I'm just as good either way.   If you need a cabin go ahead and reserve one.  

I invited a feller to join us on our adventure.   Not sure he will yet, but he rides a sportster 1200 so if he does ride with us  OldFeller your going to have to behave (a little).    He seemed a little supprised when I told him I couldn't make a 1200 sportster run-off and leave a 30Hp , 1980's designed motorcycle up in hill country.   He seems to mild manered to push the sportster to its limits more-so than most of you fellers.   But still the more riders the better ! Wink

Old Rider  that sure is one fine looking bike !

« Last Edit: 05/02/13 at 07:18:08 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:19:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 Dragon Run (early summer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.