Send Topic Print
Cam Chain Question (Read 229 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cam Chain Question
Reply #15 - 01/01/13 at 16:39:55

It jjust so happens I am the proud owner of a Mr. Coffee & 2 coffee cups!
I also have good water & organic coffee. & that coffee is sitting on the Mini Fridge out in the shop. I am disabled & dont have a 9 to 5 Jay Oh Bee, so, holler any time,Ill be out there all day tomorrow, just like today,,aint got hoot done, but,, puttin that 4 wheeler together is wearin on me, so, Im just coasting today,piddlin, cleanin up..

& we could run up & see R&R!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
triumphleroy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/01/13 at 16:46:30

Give me a quick call  My cell is 903-932-2396....Still can't pm.........But working on that!
   Try to come by tommorrow, Jesse

« Last Edit: 01/01/13 at 17:48:39 by triumphleroy »  
  IP Logged
triumphleroy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/02/13 at 06:33:42

You have me wondering about these "TEETH" on the tensioner? Where exactly are these "TEETH" ? Are there any photos on here or?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 01/02/13 at 10:31:22

Ya gots an Inner Tube & a Outer tube, see? & the outer tube has a ratchet pawl like gizmo on it, see? & as the spring drives the inner tube OUT ( which is applying sidewardsish pressure on the cam chain), that pawl grabs in the teeth what is machined into the bottom side of the inner tube, therby making it impossible for the tension on the cam chain to drive the tensioner back into itself..&, IMO, there is too little slack availabe for the cam chain. I cant see letting the tensioner soak up a little free play in the cam chain as being such a big deal, as long as there is never enough slack to allow the chain to hop tooth to tooth on the gear.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 03:24:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Chain Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.