Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryca Build - Keyswitch extension question (Read 78 times)
Holly
YaBB Newbies

'03 SV650, '08
S40/RYCA

Seattle, WA
Ryca Build - Keyswitch extension question
12/31/12 at 18:17:55

Apologies if I've missed this somewhere - I've looked here, Ryca build guides and vids, Clymer .... it's build day 4 1/2, I'm a bit brain-fried. What gauge wire do I need for the keyswitch mod? Looks like 12 or 14 but I stood in front of spools of wire at the hardware store (admittedly without the keyswitch in hand) and decided I have no idea what I need.

Day 4 included the kickstand and muffler. Looks sweet!

Today I puttered around with the battery box (don't get me started!) and wiring. I liked science, but wasn't so good with the electrical ...  Undecided

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Ryca Build - Keyswitch extension question
Reply #1 - 12/31/12 at 20:10:19

stock has 20 amp fuse = #12 awg

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #2 - 12/31/12 at 20:15:41

Holly wrote on 12/31/12 at 18:17:55:
Apologies if I've missed this somewhere - I've looked here, Ryca build guides and vids, Clymer .... it's build day 4 1/2, I'm a bit brain-fried. What gauge wire do I need for the keyswitch mod? Looks like 12 or 14 but I stood in front of spools of wire at the hardware store (admittedly without the keyswitch in hand) and decided I have no idea what I need.

Day 4 included the kickstand and muffler. Looks sweet!

Today I puttered around with the battery box (don't get me started!) and wiring. I liked science, but wasn't so good with the electrical ...  Undecided

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

14 is sufficient.  12 is maybe a little safer load-wise, but bulkier.  16 will do for some of the wires.

In the "Technical Documents/Reference" section there is a thread for this step titled "Lengthening a bundle of wires"    

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1312137269/0#0

« Last Edit: 01/01/13 at 09:08:14 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Holly
YaBB Newbies

'03 SV650, '08
S40/RYCA

Seattle, WA
Reply #3 - 01/01/13 at 06:45:08

Quote:
In the "Technical Documents/Reference" section there is a thread for this step titled "Lengthening a bundle of wires"    

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1312137269/0#0[/size][/font]

Aha! Perfect, thank you. Smiley I think I had my search set to this forum thinking it would be in a build thread. Like I said, brain-fried.

We'll see how this goes. Did a rough fit with the seat and tank yesterday and no major issues. Overall I'm enjoying the build process. A few things could be better explained for us novices, but nothing that couldn't be overcome.

IP Logged
jvdb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/01/13 at 08:59:38

Quote:
14 is sufficient.  12 is maybe a little safer load-wise, but bulkier.  18 will do for some of the wires.

^this
I just looked at the stock when I did mine. The orange & red are 12ga and the brown & grey appear to be either 14ga or 16ga, so that's what I used. (12ga and 14ga)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 02:10:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca Build - Keyswitch extension question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.