ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: 318 Curves in 11 Miles
Reply #2 - 12/30/12 at 05:16:32

I believe sir Lancer is moving soon   Roll Eyes

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 12/30/12 at 06:55:32

ToesNose wrote on 12/30/12 at 05:16:32:
I believe sir Lancer is moving soon   Roll Eyes

Yep; soon to be back at the Very Old Homestead of my family...my dad's side, in Henryetta Oklahoma.  The property has been in the family since the "Indian Territory" was opened for homesteading by the federal gov't.  I will be taking up the job of keeping it in the family, and insuring my mom has what she needs (83 now).  
I have been blessed to be able to go to the Smokey Mountains each year for the past 7 or 8 years; kind of loosing count now.  There were 4 of us that first year.   O/F, Toymaker, Ed/L and myself.  There was a slight mishap, but we had fun anyway.   Shocked
Driving or riding from OK would be difficult but not impossible of course, so it is just not known right now how that will work out.
From my current location in SC I can make it to the Dragon in an easy drive of about 5-6 hrs total, including pitt stops.  That makes a big difference.  At best, I expect it would be 2-3 yrs before I could make it back.  Big Sigh.   Embarrassed
What a fun area to ride; beautiful views from the Blue Ridge Parkway and some really fun Black Line Roads that were made for dive bombing  runs and exploring the full capabilities of the Savage Beast in a type of riding in which it is pretty darn good.   Cool  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/30/12 at 07:34:27

Of course there'll be new roads to explore...

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/1016/Oklahoma/Where-the-Red-Fern-Grows-Run....

"Where the Red Fern Grows" is a children's book from 1961 set in Tahlequah and the Eldon Hill area. Start just east of Tahlequah at the Illinois River and head north on HWY 10. East on Chewey road, then Watts (route 59) down to Westville. Not much to see on that leg, and it's straight, but short HWY 62 is possibly more fun than HWY 10 with tributaries to the Illinois River and Eldon Hill, which is a lot of fun. Stop at the top here and check the view, then ride back to Tahlequah to finish up.

Head north along the Illinois River, stop to camp or go canoeing. Beautiful country, plenty of twisties (some with serious consequences) and a 20 mile view from the top of Eldon Hill. This is as good as it gets in NE Oklahoma, and offers as much fun as you can find in Arkansas.

I've been told Grandpa came from OK, gonna have to find out where.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 12/30/12 at 16:31:57

verslagen1 wrote on 12/30/12 at 07:34:27:
Of course there'll be new roads to explore...

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/1016/Oklahoma/Where-the-Red-Fern-Grows-Run....

"Where the Red Fern Grows" is a children's book from 1961 set in Tahlequah and the Eldon Hill area. Start just east of Tahlequah at the Illinois River and head north on HWY 10. East on Chewey road, then Watts (route 59) down to Westville. Not much to see on that leg, and it's straight, but short HWY 62 is possibly more fun than HWY 10 with tributaries to the Illinois River and Eldon Hill, which is a lot of fun. Stop at the top here and check the view, then ride back to Tahlequah to finish up.

Head north along the Illinois River, stop to camp or go canoeing. Beautiful country, plenty of twisties (some with serious consequences) and a 20 mile view from the top of Eldon Hill. This is as good as it gets in NE Oklahoma, and offers as much fun as you can find in Arkansas.

I've been told Grandpa came from OK, gonna have to find out where.

Have been through that area within the past year.  There are some pretty good roads there.
We went down one that Paula said looked like one of those where you see an axe murderer when rounding a curve in some horror movie.  No sooner had she said that when we came around the next curve and this REALLY BIG DUDE standing in his front yard holding a big axe up in the air with his right arm.  No BS, it happened just like that.  Talk about a bit of a thrill, followed by a big laugh.  It was crazy.

IP Logged
v-pilot

Loud bikes rule!

Rexford NY
Reply #6 - 12/30/12 at 20:38:56

Wish ya the best in moving and getting settled.  I did the same back in Sept to care for my folks.  You have to relish the time you have with them, hopefully many, many more years.   Smiley

Suzuki DR650, aprilia RSVR, aprilia Falco, Bimota DB4(2x)
Moto Guzzi V10, Ducati 900ss, Triumph Trident, Suzuki LS650
Moto Guzzi Le Mans SE(2x), Moto Guzzi V50, Benelli 250, Ducati 250
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 12/31/12 at 03:59:36

v-pilot wrote on 12/30/12 at 20:38:56:
Wish ya the best in moving and getting settled.  I did the same back in Sept to care for my folks.  You have to relish the time you have with them, hopefully many, many more years.   Smiley

Yep sir'ee

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:27:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › 318 Curves in 11 Miles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.